J.T. Miller | #9 | C/W

-AJ-

13 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Miller's pair of apples slides him into 27th in all-time Canuck scoring.

image.png.f5fe3f327448bf27b9975c5aed25c16a.png

Crazy to see him producing at a better clip than Mogilny, a guy some fans think might be the most skilled player in Canuck history. Miller's consistency has been insane. He's a machine.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Crazy to see him producing at a better clip than Mogilny, a guy some fans think might be the most skilled player in Canuck history. Miller's consistency has been insane. He's a machine.

Interesting for sure.  Pretty good comparable too as both joined the Canucks at 26.  Mogilny the flashier player (or at least speedier), while Miller has just been that efficient point producer.

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Interesting for sure.  Pretty good comparable too as both joined the Canucks at 26.  Mogilny the flashier player (or at least speedier), while Miller has just been that efficient point producer.

One thing I love about Miller (and I saw it again tonight)....when we're attacking and the puck's being passed around as guys try to find a shooting lane, he gets creative. He'll move and mix things up rather than be stationary and wait for an opening. He darted to the front of the net and changed things up.

He's also really aware of where others are and gets the puck away quickly...not so many of those no look passes because he just seems to be so dialed in. 

I love how he plays the game. He, Quinn, and Petey are really special players (Demko too). And Kuz when he's on.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

One thing I love about Miller (and I saw it again tonight)....when we're attacking and the puck's being passed around as guys try to find a shooting lane, he gets creative. He'll move and mix things up rather than be stationary and wait for an opening. He darted to the front of the net and changed things up.

He's also really aware of where others are and gets the puck away quickly...not so many of those no look passes because he just seems to be so dialed in. 

I love how he plays the game. He, Quinn, and Petey are really special players (Demko too). And Kuz when he's on.

I don't think many people outside Vancouver realize how good he is at this.  This is the main reason why he is on the scoresheet so much.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Miller might be the most underrated Canuck forward outside of Vancouver. He's on his game and is an outstanding two-way centre who can produce at least a point-per-game and even push a 90-100 point pace when he's hot. The way he's playing right now, he's worth $10-11M and we're getting him for $8M. Still not sure what the contract will look like four or five years from now, but right now, it's a steal.

I think most fans outside of Vancouver just see him as a solid top 6 forward and don't realize what a superstar he is.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rip The Mesh said:

I swear he's getting better as he ages. There is plenty left in this tank!

I feel like JT really found a true "home" here. By that I mean he's been on teams where he maybe wasn't relied on as much as a go to or truly given the opportunity to shine like he has here. He's sort of been in the back seat and now he's driving a team bus.

Players like him are successful because they're so driven and competitive. They love the game and love to win. You can coach players but some of this stuff comes from within and you can't "teach" it. It's either there or it's not...killer instinct and grit kind of stuff. Linden, Burr, Bieka...all my favourites have shown this. 

Some players love to be hockey "stars" and live the lifestyle. I mean, sure they love hockey but JT doesn't care about any of the hoopla. He's seemingly having a lot of fun here and I think this is the perfect fit for him.

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, -dlc- said:

I feel like JT really found a true "home" here. By that I mean he's been on teams where he maybe wasn't relied on as much as a go to or truly given the opportunity to shine like he has here. He's sort of been in the back seat and now he's driving a team bus.

Players like him are successful because they're so driven and competitive. They love the game and love to win. You can coach players but some of this stuff comes from within and you can't "teach" it. It's either there or it's not...killer instinct and grit kind of stuff. Linden, Burr, Bieka...all my favourites have shown this. 

Some players love to be hockey "stars" and live the lifestyle. I mean, sure they love hockey but JT doesn't care about any of the hoopla. He's seemingly having a lot of fun here and I think this is the perfect fit for him.

I think he just loves the adulation he gets from you, DLC, and that is why he plays so well here in VCR

JT is becoming a complete player who is a huge factor in their performance.  Tocc is the perfect

coach for him.

I also think he has become a very good leader on the team.  I see him, directing players on the ice

and supporting them when they have a tough game.

Awhile back, there was a Podz interview where he commented that JT was his mentor and that

he(JT) often calls him up to check in with him.  Apparently Miller talked it over with him when Podz was

recently sent to Abby.  Told him about his own experiences (3 times) and how he was disappointed

at first, but in the end it improved his game notably.  JT didn't play his first full season until he was

22yrs old.  He's really taken Podz under his wing and has high regard for his skills.

Edited by higgyfan
  • Cheers 3

• 2 weeks later...

Ok now we can all agree JT has been a beast up until last night vs the Laffs where the whole team laid an egg. I didn’t realize that Millsy not only is playing like the emotional leader he is, playing a solid 200 foot game and putting up crazy points, I just found out he’s been a baby sitter during 3 games this year to boot… pic below as proof. 

IMG_0776.jpeg.e93aec9ced944c8542638976acd64a90.jpeg

JT cheers to you brother we love you, stay a Canuck especially for our beloved @-dlc- 

Go Canucks! 

This whole "showing your emotions" thing is such garbage and takes away from his great play. Everyone including myself thought he'd start regressing in his 30s, a bit like a broken-down Kesler who got old real fast. Instead JT is now playing the best hockey of his career which says something considering he nearly dropped 100pts not long ago and lead this team. 

Obviously it's still very early days but he's at the top of the league in scoring and on pace for 125 points. 

Would be quite nuts if all of a sudden the best 1-2 center punch in the league goes from McDavid-Draisaitl to Petey-Miller but so far that looks the case.

• Cheers 2