Ryan Johnson promoted to AGM, Cammi Granato and Émilie Castonguay extended

Dude keeps cruising upwards - good for him.  Probably has glass feet now... shot-blocking madman he was.  No sense of self-preservation.  Good for like 10 games before missing the next 20 with a broken foot.

image.png.5186e8475621505ef6540322104a0027.png

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

Gonna lose him eventually. He's been flying up the charts. Calgary or Toronto will give em a GM shot at some point. They love poaching our players/personnel. Curious who replaces him in Abby. He's done really good work for them.

Also worth noting Granato and Castonguay were extended. It's in the article, just felt it worth noting here as well. Most people don't read articles and just read titles. Or maybe that's the Reddit side of me projecting that on this forum. Us millennials/Gen Zers have tiktok brain rot, don't have time to read.

Edited by JeremyCuddles
  • Like 3

• MeanSeanBean changed the title to Ryan Johnson promoted to AGM, Cammi Granato and Émilie Castonguay extended
14 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Gonna lose him eventually. He's been flying up the charts. Calgary or Toronto will give em a GM shot at some point. They love poaching our players/personnel. Curious who replaces him in Abby. He's done really good work for them.

Also worth noting Granato and Castonguay were extended. It's in the article, just felt it worth noting here as well. Most people don't read articles and just read titles. Or maybe that's the Reddit side of me projecting that on this forum. Us millennials/Gen Zers have tiktok brain rot, don't have time to read.

good call, fixed

• Cheers 2

27 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

TL:DR

ah ah ah hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

kidding, good point, thanks   🙂

Edited by Canadian_Kanga

29 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

READ IT CAREFULLY..WILL REMAIN AS GM IN ABBY NO REPLACEMENT.

• Thanks 1

Hard to argue with any of these personel decisions considering the trajectory of this franchise at the moment.   Let's hope we continue to trend in the right direction long-term. 

21 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

Nice to see Cammie's and Emilie's contracts extended, and by all accounts doing great work. As some of the first high-profile women in an NHL front office, I'm sure some old-school folks were skeptical. As a dad of 2 young daughters, I want them to be able to do anything they want and I love seeing women succeed in jobs that traditionally went to men by default. On that note, I took my VW in for service a while back and the female mechanic was super knowledgeable and a real car nerd like me. Not something you usually see (at least I haven't), and it was great!

Agreed. It's great to see women being given a chance in these roles and greatly succeeding. Reminds me a bit of when the Canucks got so many good Europeans in the early 80s before other teams were willing to give them a chance. I suspect we'll see women get a larger and larger role even in mens leagues as time goes on--especially in front office roles like GM.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, -AJ- said:

He's on track to be a full GM in the NHL at some point at this rate.

A little way to go but he's a smart guy who's very adaptable. He showed when he was a player that he embraces the role that's necessary, and I think that translates well into being a GM if he can identify talent above just working with the talent he has.

• Cheers 1

43 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Before too long I am betting that Ryan gets offered the GM job in San Jose.

The real question is. Who is the one handling the contracts, and more importantly the cap?

Pretty sure Castonguay is the cap & contracts expert on the team.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Strawbone said:

Nice to see Cammie's and Emilie's contracts extended, and by all accounts doing great work. As some of the first high-profile women in an NHL front office, I'm sure some old-school folks were skeptical. As a dad of 2 young daughters, I want them to be able to do anything they want and I love seeing women succeed in jobs that traditionally went to men by default. On that note, I took my VW in for service a while back and the female mechanic was super knowledgeable and a real car nerd like me. Not something you usually see (at least I haven't), and it was great!

Yup, apart from the Dorrie situation - which I hope Castonguay didn't handle poorly and contribute to - they both have added to the team and done a good job. It's great to see them show they aren't diversity hires for all those people who couldn't accept it.

2 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

Yup, apart from the Dorrie situation - which I hope Castonguay didn't handle poorly and contribute to - they both have added to the team and done a good job. It's great to see them show they aren't diversity hires for all those people who couldn't accept it.

the only thing Castonguay is guilty of there is a bad hire, happens to every manager at some point in their careers. 

1 hour ago, elvis15 said:

Rachel Doerrie is a plug.

No fault on Castanguay at all

• Cheers 2

3 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Before too long I am betting that Ryan gets offered the GM job in San Jose.

The real question is. Who is the one handling the contracts, and more importantly the cap?

Columbus might be an option too. Not sure Davidson will be GM permanently. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Petey the Puck Whisperer said:

Why does Vancouver need 3 AGM's + sedin AGMS. Thats 4 AGM's more than any(almost any?) team. I really dont see why the 2 girls were hired not that they've done anything wrong or anything.

Mad Max Reaction GIF

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Petey the Puck Whisperer said:

Why does Vancouver need 3 AGM's + sedin AGMS. Thats 4 AGM's more than any(almost any?) team. I really dont see why the 2 girls were hired not that they've done anything wrong or anything.

This group built a very good club in only a short while. Yet you think those responsible for the success should not be rewarded? 

Edited by Alflives
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1