Do you think the coaches will rest players if the Canucks win on Tuesday?

I am just wondering if the Canucks lock up the division on Tuesday. Do you think they will rest players and call up a few players from Abby to let them play the game in Winnipeg? Players like Pettersson, Lindholm, Miller, etc.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

• Canuckfanforlife82 changed the title to Do you think the coaches will rest players if the Canucks win on Tuesday?

If it was my choice, yes, I would rest some of our current players an substitute with some of our AHL players.

That being said lets not get ahead of ourself. The last thing we want to do at this stage is to take the Flames lightly.  

5 hours ago, Canuck You said:

Well if the Nux win the next game and Dallas losses their last game then the balls in our court to win the Western Conf...If Dallas wins tho it's pretty much a meaningless game against the Jets..So yeah why not rest them.

Do we want to win the west? Could mean playing Vegas

9 hours ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I am just wondering if the Canucks lock up the division on Tuesday. Do you think they will rest players and call up a few players from Abby to let them play the game in Winnipeg? Players like Pettersson, Lindholm, Miller, etc.

Not sure how many they have left? If I am correct each team only gets four call ups after the trade deadline.  Bains, Podz and Silovs would be three so one left?

Silovs was an emergency recall, so he doesn't count.  Once Demko is off LTIR then Silovs goes back to Abbey, unless they keep him up -then I guess he would then count as one of the 4 recalls.

Does anyone know if the 4 call up limit is just till the end of the regular season, or does it include the playoffs too?

On D I would start by playing Juulsen the next 2 games. He’s been sitting for a minute now. If not time off then Hughes should have his minutes limited.

For the forwards I would say have the bottom 6 play more minutes. No one should have to play more than 20 minutes.

• ThereItIs 1

If we were to sit a couple:

I would sit Hughes against Winnipeg, call up D-man Petey, and if the is a minor injury to EP40, sit him too and call up Lekkermaki. 

players should only rest if they legit have a nagging injury or are fatigue and not just resting for the sake of resting.. we likely don't start the playoff till monday so that's like 3 days in between and our march/april schedule is relatively light compared to other teams. instead of just resting the players for the sake of resting them.. just roll the 4 lines and have them play like 15mins each.. the only player i consider resting is hughes because he played insane amount of minutes and maybe EP coz he doesn't look himself mentally the last couple months

18 hours ago, swimmer said:

I certainly hope so.

Petterson and Hughes for sure.

Juulson, Friedman, PDG and Aman should get a game before the playoffs start. All have been sitting too long.

This guy should play a game, we know we're gonna need him 100%

I would use rest of the recall spots to rest our top guys and have them stay in Vancouver and call up AHL to give them a taste of NHL and Winnipeg is a good place for the AHL to experience the top team's game speed rather than the AHL so I would give Lekk and 3 depth players that hasn't been playing.  I would rest Miller, Boeser, Hughes, Petey, Garland.  If the playoffs starts on April 20th and it doesn't give us enough rest and we will not know the playoff schedule until Thursday night after all games are completed.  Ideally, you would want to give 4 days between last game and the first game of playoff so I do not want the guys to be fatigued from the travel to Winnipeg and back if we face Nashville, we are screwed in term of rest and recover since today is their final game of the season.  I do not understand why NHL give them the advantage of being able to finish the season earlier than the rest of the NHL.    If I were them, I'd forfeit the Winnipeg game if we have nothing to play for.  I think that the league moved up from start of the playoffs from April 22 to 20th for whatever reason.