To OTT

Jonathan Lekkerimaki

Matthew Knies

Timothy Liljegren

2nd (VAN)

To TOR

Filip Hronek

1st (VAN)

Canucks get the bruising power forward that would push this team over the top.

Ottawa gets an absolute haul for their captain with 3 high end young players and a 2nd round pick.

Toronto gets a top pairing RHD to play with Rielly to eat up 23min+ per night, and also a 1st round pick.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Would sting bad to lose all those futures on our end, but Tkachuk is really good and still quite young. It does make some sense if our window is now.

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Dumping Liljegren for Hronek doesn't make Toronto better.  Dumping Knies for a 1st round pick doesn't make them better either.  Their window to win is now or never.

Hronek would be a significant upgrade.  Liljegren has been sputtering... he's down to their 3rd pairing now:

https://www.dailyfaceoff.com/teams/toronto-maple-leafs/line-combinations

He's struggling this year with confidence and consistency all over the ice:

https://theleafsnation.com/news/maple-leafs-need-to-take-timothy-liljegren-out-of-the-lineup

Keefe doesn't really like him either.  If the Leafs had the option of Hronek or Liljegren, they wouldn't hesitate for a second.  Hronek would be on the top pair immediately. 

Edited by HKSR

18 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Hronek would be a significant upgrade.  Liljegren has been sputtering... he's down to their 3rd pairing now:

https://www.dailyfaceoff.com/teams/toronto-maple-leafs/line-combinations

He's struggling this year with confidence and consistency all over the ice:

https://theleafsnation.com/news/maple-leafs-need-to-take-timothy-liljegren-out-of-the-lineup

Keefe doesn't really like him either.  If the Leafs had the option of Hronek or Liljegren, they wouldn't hesitate for a second.  Hronek would be on the top pair immediately. 

Those line combinations are all wrong.  Liljegren split his playing time with TJ Brodie and Morgan Rielly last game.  Joel Edmundson didn't even dress up - he was hurt.

Liljegren was one of the notable players who stepped up following Rielly's suspension.  For some time he completely stole Rielly's spot as the PP1 pointman.  I suppose some time has passed and Keefe is showing frustration, but make no mistake - I fully expect a top pairing of Rielly-Liljegren to start the playoffs.  Let's see how they look against Boston/Florida.

Posted (edited)

28 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Those line combinations are all wrong.  Liljegren split his playing time with TJ Brodie and Morgan Rielly last game.  Joel Edmundson didn't even dress up - he was hurt.

Liljegren was one of the notable players who stepped up following Rielly's suspension.  For some time he completely stole Rielly's spot as the PP1 pointman.  I suppose some time has passed and Keefe is showing frustration, but make no mistake - I fully expect a top pairing of Rielly-Liljegren to start the playoffs.  Let's see how they look against Boston/Florida.

Yeah, they talked about how Liljegren is their only other puck moving defenceman, albeit he hasn't been that great at it.  I'm just saying if Hronek was there, he'd be the guy playing top pair and we know puck moving ability is definitely a strength of his.

Edited by HKSR
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Yeah, they talked about how Liljegren is their only other puck moving defenceman, albeit he hasn't been that great at it.  I'm just saying if Hronek was there, he'd be the guy playing top pair and we know puck moving ability is definitely a strength of his.

The primary job of Toronto's #1 RD is to be a defensive cover for Morgan Rielly.  It was TJ Brodie to start the year but he has declined faster than lemmings jumping off a cliff.  Brodie used to be a top-tier defensive defenceman and now he's just horseshit.

Which brings us back to Filip Hronek.  I am not a big fan of his style of play.  He has not been a stalwart defender on this team.  It's always Hughes using his stick in the neutral zone or even in the defensive zone.  It's definitely been a massive adjustment going to a new team and playing second fiddle to the league's MVP D-man, but I do not see him as the ideal partner for a hyper-offensive D-man like Morgan Rielly.

1 hour ago, Miss Korea said:

The primary job of Toronto's #1 RD is to be a defensive cover for Morgan Rielly.  It was TJ Brodie to start the year but he has declined faster than lemmings jumping off a cliff.  Brodie used to be a top-tier defensive defenceman and now he's just horseshit.

Which brings us back to Filip Hronek.  I am not a big fan of his style of play.  He has not been a stalwart defender on this team.  It's always Hughes using his stick in the neutral zone or even in the defensive zone.  It's definitely been a massive adjustment going to a new team and playing second fiddle to the league's MVP D-man, but I do not see him as the ideal partner for a hyper-offensive D-man like Morgan Rielly.

Liljegren has looked pretty bad next to Rielly too.  So me thinks there's a problem with Rielly... 😆

3 hours ago, Miss Korea said:

Dumping Liljegren for Hronek doesn't make Toronto better.  Dumping Knies for a 1st round pick doesn't make them better either.  Their window to win is now or never.

Hronek is a top ten (right shot) D in the league. He’s a huge upgrade on Littleman.

This is actually an excellent proposal and helps all three clubs. 

• ThereItIs 1

if you take BOTH of our draft picks out of the equation, I'd consider it. 

NO WAY am I sending both a first AND Hronek to the Laffs. 

4 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

if you take BOTH of our draft picks out of the equation, I'd consider it. 

NO WAY am I sending both a first AND Hronek to the Laffs. 

Hronek and a pick that’s 24-32 in 2025 and we get Brady Tkatchuk is a great deal for us. Leafs would need to offer up a lot more to Ottawa though. 

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Hronek is a top ten (right shot) D in the league. He’s a huge upgrade on Littleman.

If you really think he is then we should just keep him.  I don't think you really believe that.

1 minute ago, Miss Korea said:

If you really think he is then we should just keep him.  I don't think you really believe that.

To get Brady Tkatchuk of course we would give up Hronek. The Leafs are the ones who need to give better quality to the Sens. 

45 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Hronek and a pick that’s 24-32 in 2025 and we get Brady Tkatchuk is a great deal for us. Leafs would need to offer up a lot more to Ottawa though. 

but it's not JUST Hronek plus 2 picks.... we are also throwing in Lekkerimaki....so we give up 4 for one.

I'd be okay with Hronek + Lekkerimaki + 2nd pick, but throwing in that 1st is WAY too much. 

On 4/15/2024 at 9:55 AM, HKSR said:

To VAN

Brady Tkachuk

To OTT

Jonathan Lekkerimaki

Matthew Knies

Timothy Liljegren

2nd (VAN)

To TOR

Filip Hronek

1st (VAN)

Canucks get the bruising power forward that would push this team over the top.

Ottawa gets an absolute haul for their captain with 3 high end young players and a 2nd round pick.

Toronto gets a top pairing RHD to play with Rielly to eat up 23min+ per night, and also a 1st round pick.

Not nearly enough for the Sens. Plenty of potential is nice, but they'd need more established value.

• Cheers 1

Lekkerimaki is a great prospect, Knies is a solid young player, and Liljegren is a solid prime aged D, but I think Ottawa would want a return that helps them more now

Trading Tkachuk leaves a gaping hole, the proposed return may help them more down the road but the overall transaction likely sets them back in the near future

They get a 2nd too, but I think they'd prefer a more established return over a 2nd, a blue chip prospect, a young NHL forward (they have plenty of those), and a top four RD 

I think they could get a better return than that too if they were to make it known he were available, Tkachuk has no clause so they could ship him to whoever bid the most 

This proposal benefits Vancouver and Toronto more in the near future than it does Ottawa imo, and that matters because Ottawa wants to get back into the playoffs sooner than later 

Edited by Coconuts

On 4/15/2024 at 6:00 PM, Alflives said:

I think that’s a big stretch. Good yeah, solid number 2 yeah, top 10 in league, don’t see it. 
It is the Q factor that elevates him. 

Hronek + Lekkerimaki + 1st. 

With Hronek in line for a big raise I wouldn't peg his value super high but he does give them an established top pair RHD which is still very valuable something like a pick this year 12-18 range so the cost would be 2 mid 1sts and a hopefully late 1st 2025. Which I think is what Brady would command. Would give us the cap flex to bring back Tanev as a Willy stop gap and potentially re up Lindy/Zadorov if it makes sense to do so cap wise going FWD. We will miss Hroneks shot but realistically he hasn't used it enough. Huggy has been shooting a lot more and quite well. 

Edited by Hammertime

4 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

Hronek + Lekkerimaki + 1st. 

With Hronek in line for a big raise I wouldn't peg his value super high but he does give them an established too pair RHD which is still very valuable something like a pick this year 12-18 range so the cost would be 2 mid 1sts and a hopefully late 1st 2025. Which I think is what Brady would command. Would give us the cap flex to bring back Tanev as a Willy stop gap and potentially re up Lindy/Zadorov if it makes sense to do so cap wise going FWD. 

For a signed BT? Ya, I like it.