Tkachuk for Pettersson (Proposal)

33 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So by your logic Mikheyev, Suter and Lafferty would all be 57 goal scorers playing with McDavid then right? Because that’s what Hyman did and your saying Hyman isn’t any better than those guys. 

I doubt they would be 60 goal scorers at all.  They would definitely get a bump in their stats.  But don’t tell me Hyman would be the same high goal scorer without McDavid.  

What Hyman has done is gelled his game with McDavid.  He wasn’t going to be an elite winger without McDavid.  Just like Boeser found his game with Miller.

In the other EP thread, I keep hearing that EP needs an elite winger.  Sorry.  If you are going to make $11.6M then you need to be the guy that improves the players around you.  Just like Miller did with Boeser. And McDavid with Hyman.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, BPA said:

I doubt they would be 60 goal scorers at all.  They would definitely get a bump in their stats.  But don’t tell me Hyman would be the same high goal scorer without McDavid.  

What Hyman has done is gelled his game with McDavid.  He wasn’t going to be an elite winger without McDavid.  Just like Boeser found his game with Miller.

In the other EP thread, I keep hearing that EP needs an elite winger.  Sorry.  If you are going to make $11.6M then you need to be the guy that improves the players around you.  Just like Miller did with Boeser. And McDavid with Hyman.

Didn’t Petey turn Kuzmenko into a 39 goal scorer?  I never said Hyman would be a 60 goal scorer without MacDavid. However, none of Petey’s current wingers would be a 57 goal scorer with McDavid either. I don’t think Suter or Lafferty could even hit 30 goals with McDavid never mind 60. 

Also, Boeser was basically a 30 goal scorer right out of college. He didn’t need Miller to score goals. 

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Didn’t Petey turn Kuzmenko into a 39 goal scorer?  I never said Hyman would be a 60 goal scorer without MacDavid. However, none of Petey’s current wingers would be a 57 goal scorer with McDavid either. I don’t think Suter or Lafferty could even hit 30 goals with McDavid never mind 60. 

Also, Boeser was basically a 30 goal scorer right out of college. He didn’t need Miller to score goals. 

So maybe put Boeser on EP line then to get EP going.

For the record, I wanted Mik gone instead of Kuz.  Pure goal scorers are hard to come by.  That was a mistake.  Should have paid more in draft picks and traded Mik in the Lindholm deal.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, BPA said:

the contract is the big thing

if u make that kind of money, you need to be able to have a pylon as a winger and get him to score 30 goals just like henrik did with taylor pyatt speaking of pylons

• Cheers 1

IF management pulls the trigger Brady would be the type of player I hope they get, he would've gotten through and given the Predators trouble yesterday.
That being said, I hope we don't sell "low" on Petey, as others have mentioned, if he's got the same issue as whatever was plaguing Boeser even though he's getting open, he's just one thing clicking back into place from being his elite dominant self again.  You don't trade that.

• Upvote 2

On 4/25/2024 at 1:59 AM, HarbularyBattery said:

the contract is the big thing

if u make that kind of money, you need to be able to have a pylon as a winger and get him to score 30 goals just like henrik did with taylor pyatt speaking of pylons

Aye he did.... but not at age 25....

2 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Fair enough.... second best... 😉

He will be in the top 2 once he finds his mojo again....  Still only 25...

He could end up being the best forward this team has ever had.

or not

would still be very good, just not the best we've had.  High, high ceiling and a very good floor. Which player will he end up being?

Nothing wrong with  100 point seasons. Sadly too many people are expecting better, rather than hoping for better.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gurn said:

He could end up being the best forward this team has ever had.

or not

would still be very good, just not the best we've had.  High, high ceiling and a very good floor. Which player will he end up being?

Nothing wrong with  100 point seasons. Sadly too many people are expecting better, rather than hoping for better.

Excatly... you nailed it to a tee...

Too much 'what have you done for me lately' going in around here...

He is still only 25, for the first time in his NHL life he faces problems, and he need to figure out, how to overcome these problems. 

I could give a rats arse for, what his earning are, are going to be or for how long. 
It smells of envy going towards public flogging. 

He may or may not be better. We've all seen, what he can do... get behind the kid instead of hangi g him out. 

Wasn't that long ago Miller was public enemy number 1 with a lot of fans....

Talk about fickle fans. 

10 hours ago, spook007 said:

If Brady is anything like his Brother, he'll be off in 3-4 years... is this, what we want? 

Also, are we throwing our best player out at the first bit of adversity? 

Some fans are wanting to trade Petey but JR/PA know it’s impossible to win the Cup without players of his elite talent. Sabres (morans) dumped Eichel. Vegas gets the piece they needed to win the Cup. And the Sabres stink. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Alflives said:

Some fans are wanting to trade Petey but JR/PA know it’s impossible to win the Cup without players of his elite talent. Sabres (morans) dumped Eichel. Vegas gets the piece they needed to win the Cup. And the Sabres stink. 

....and we have a winner.... 👍

5 hours ago, Alflives said:

so you've seen a lot of hockey, what does Petey need to do to take the next step? is there a player he reminds you of that did find another level? 

On 4/26/2024 at 11:22 AM, Bob Long said:

so you've seen a lot of hockey, what does Petey need to do to take the next step? is there a player he reminds you of that did find another level? 

Petey needs to get healthy. It’s clear he’s playing through something and has been for some time. The team won’t say anything, of course. 
There is zero chance JR traded his elite 1C. He knows there’s no winning a Cup without Petey. 

• Like 1
  • MillerTime 1

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Petey needs to get healthy. It’s clear he’s playing through something and has been for some time. The team won’t say anything, of course. 
There is zero chance JR traded his elite 1C. He knows there’s no winning a Cup without Petey. 

My wife agrees with you, she keeps saying something isn't the same with Petey.

• ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, HarbularyBattery said:

petey wanted franchise player gamebreaker money

gotta play like a franchise player gamebreaker or at least a difference making 1c

Lets get something straight here... in the end of the day, JR and PA dictate hat Petey gets paid... 

If they don't think he is worth it, they don't offer him the contract...

There is no guarantee in sport... If there were Lui Eriksson would never have played here...

There is such things as confidence... Petey is hardly the first to suffer a slump. We all know, what he can do, otherwise he hadn't been offered the contract in the first place....

And lets not forget, the ENTIRE FAN BASE and MANAGEMENT wanted him to sign asap... Petey wanted to wait until the summer in the off season. 

I, like everyone, am hoping he finds his mojo sooner rather than later, but hanging him out to dry for signing a contract, he was offered is nonsense.

He is the future of this franchise, and he will come good... book it.

On 4/26/2024 at 10:22 PM, Bob Long said:

Keep playing.... He is the main man, and life is not easy, when focus from all the teams and fans are on you... 

He will get through this and be stronger for it...... cause if he doesn't we're f'd :classic_laugh:

8 hours ago, spook007 said:

Lets get something straight here... in the end of the day, JR and PA dictate hat Petey gets paid... 

If they don't think he is worth it, they don't offer him the contract...

There is no guarantee in sport... If there were Lui Eriksson would never have played here...

There is such things as confidence... Petey is hardly the first to suffer a slump. We all know, what he can do, otherwise he hadn't been offered the contract in the first place....

And lets not forget, the ENTIRE FAN BASE and MANAGEMENT wanted him to sign asap... Petey wanted to wait until the summer in the off season. 

I, like everyone, am hoping he finds his mojo sooner rather than later, but hanging him out to dry for signing a contract, he was offered is nonsense.

He is the future of this franchise, and he will come good... book it.

sure but there are some alarming signs too - 

like petey falling down every other shift

and tocchet saying stuff like "hes listening to us now"

i hope he pulls it together. yeah it may be a mental/confidence thing, but hes spent years playing in the biggest sports pressure cooker, he should be able to handle the pressure. if he cant, thats on him to go get some therapy and sort it out. 

9 hours ago, Alflives said:

there is zero evidence of injury, silly to just make that up for no reason?

50 minutes ago, HarbularyBattery said:

sure but there are some alarming signs too - 

like petey falling down every other shift

and tocchet saying stuff like "hes listening to us now"

i hope he pulls it together. yeah it may be a mental/confidence thing, but hes spent years playing in the biggest sports pressure cooker, he should be able to handle the pressure. if he cant, thats on him to go get some therapy and sort it out. 

He fell down all the time prior to signing his contract as well. Just because they give him a better contract, doesn't mean he stops falling down. 
its unfortunate it doesn't work for him, but it happens to every star, that they have to live with the added pressure of being the main man. 
what should management have done instead? Dealt him? Or should Petey have said no to the contract offered?

it is, what it is... lets just hope he breaks the hoodoo that has hit him. 

• Cheers 1