Tkachuk for Pettersson (Proposal)

2 hours ago, Bob Long said:

Often. Not enough yet to be considered to be in the conversation for consistent top 10 talent.

Brady 😉

Petey is getting way more attention this year imo, and hasn't adjusted enough. 

Can he? He has at every other stage in his career. But can he do it in Toccs system is the question imo.

EP is playing with 2.2mil worth of players on his line since the all star break.. even if u say EP is making 11+mil this year.. 13.x mil for an entire line that's suppose to be ur scoring line.. that's not even half of what mackinnon line makes.. u get what u pay for.. EP does well when he have time and space but when the other team just focus on 1 player and not worried about the other 2.. u get 0 time and space.. mackinnon u shut him down u deal with rantanen and nichuskin.. u shutdown EP? i don't think other teams are worried about hoglander laffety or whoever else they put up there. 

• Cheers 1

51 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

EP is playing with 2.2mil worth of players on his line since the all star break.. even if u say EP is making 11+mil this year.. 13.x mil for an entire line that's suppose to be ur scoring line.. that's not even half of what mackinnon line makes.. u get what u pay for.. EP does well when he have time and space but when the other team just focus on 1 player and not worried about the other 2.. u get 0 time and space.. mackinnon u shut him down u deal with rantanen and nichuskin.. u shutdown EP? i don't think other teams are worried about hoglander laffety or whoever else they put up there. 

Fair point 

2 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

Hey, Wai

Every time that the 1st PP unit steps on the ice.....Pettersson is playing with almost 30 million of talent, and i am not seeing 11.6 million worth of player

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Bob Long said:

Often. Not enough yet to be considered to be in the conversation for consistent top 10 talent.

Brady 😉

Petey is getting way more attention this year imo, and hasn't adjusted enough. 

Can he? He has at every other stage in his career. But can he do it in Toccs system is the question imo.

Man, I know that is your honest answer......but I just don't see Pettersson as a driver.........like never

Mt definition of a driver is a player who can challenge a Dman 1 on 1 and beat him, carry the puck into a zone and create chances. (I know he does that, but not to the level that he should be doing it for 11.6 million dollars)

And Brady is not making anywhere close to what Pettersson will be making next year.............like 3.2 million short of that.....or something close to that.....

Thanks for your answers Bob......not sure I can agree though 🤔

• MillerTime 1

11 minutes ago, JIAHN said:

Hey, Wai

Every time that the 1st PP unit steps on the ice.....Pettersson is playing with almost 30 million of talent, and i am not seeing 11.6 million worth of player

i'm not seeing hughes miller boeser garland either.. our PP is bad that have nothing to do with the players have to do with the system.. look at pittsburgh.. they have the 30th ranked powerplay.. and do just fine 5v5.. they play slow.. they don't move.. they wait for the perfect setup before willing to take a shot.. EP biggest strength is his 1 timer.. but they move the puck so slow other team don't even bother moving and just block all the shooting lanes.. and now they neutered EP's shot by just parking him in front of the net.. lol blame the system not the player on the PP.. we have one of if not the worse looking powerplay in the league because they play so slow.. go watch the winnipeg jets pp when lowry scored.. look at how fast that puck is moving around.. then look at our pp.. it's we are watching it in 0.5x speed

Edited by wai_lai416
  • Cheers 1

9 hours ago, JIAHN said:

Man, I know that is your honest answer......but I just don't see Pettersson as a driver.........like never

Mt definition of a driver is a player who can challenge a Dman 1 on 1 and beat him, carry the puck into a zone and create chances. (I know he does that, but not to the level that he should be doing it for 11.6 million dollars)

And Brady is not making anywhere close to what Pettersson will be making next year.............like 3.2 million short of that.....or something close to that.....

Thanks for your answers Bob......not sure I can agree though 🤔

Yea it's interesting, in terms of imposing his will on a team Brady certainly is better, but Petey has more skill.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

13 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

Here are the top 15 scoring lines in the NHL please explain how it's not economically feasible to ice a scoring line for 14m. 

Screenshot_20240423-082759.png

Edited by Hammertime

2 hours ago, Bob Long said:

Yea it's interesting, in terms of imposing his will on a team Brady certainly is better, but Petey has more skill.

I think you are exactly right............one is built for regular season, one for playoffs

Meaning in this case, the playoffs are about exerting ones will.........checking is way more tight, and extremely physical......

Hmmmmm?

• ThereItIs 1

13 minutes ago, JIAHN said:

I think you are exactly right............one is built for regular season, one for playoffs

Meaning in this case, the playoffs are about exerting ones will.........checking is way more tight, and extremely physical......

Hmmmmm?

Petey was (is) a ppg player in the playoffs. Elite #1 centres, who are great defensively too, are very rare. Ottawa would need to add a first and even then it’s a bad idea. 

16 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Petey was (is) a ppg player in the playoffs. Elite #1 centres, who are great defensively too, are very rare. Ottawa would need to add a first and even then it’s a bad idea. 

Jan and I are old school 🤣

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Hammertime said:

Here are the top 15 scoring lines in the NHL please explain how it's not economically feasible to ice a scoring line for 14m. 

So eer what am I looking at? 1st rounder rookie talents that is performing above their first couple contract? So you are saying hoglander and laffety have the same talent potential as a lafreniere the Montreal trio and all the high picks littered across the list?

8 hours ago, Hammertime said:

What I'm taking from this is that Horvat's been a great fit with Barzal, as several folks thought he'd be 

Another takeaway is that Ek is practically untouchable as far as the Wild go, not that that's surprising 

It's neat to see the Habs having a young line like that so high up, they could be fun to watch going forward as they try to climb out of their rebuild 

6 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

So eer what am I looking at? 1st rounder rookie talents that is performing above their first couple contract? So you are saying hoglander and laffety have the same talent potential as a lafreniere the Montreal trio and all the high picks littered across the list?

He's gotta find a spark w someone. A year ago we couldn't give Brock away this year he's scoring 40 with Miller. Pete has had some quality line mates In Hoglander 24g Kuzzmenko smouldering in Calgary Beauvillier had a good game one against us in Nash mgmt paid Mikheyev so he must be good Garland and Joshua have had looks. The reality is they have found better chemistry with players not named Pete. For whatever reason Pete is on a bit of an island rn but he hasn't been short changed. If Lafferty and Mikheyev/Hoglander is generating traction I guess you make lemonade. 

• Vintage 1

19 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

He's gotta find a spark w someone. A year ago we couldn't give Brock away this year he's scoring 40 with Miller. Pete has had some quality line mates In Hoglander 24g Kuzzmenko smouldering in Calgary Beauvillier had a good game one against us in Nash mgmt paid Mikheyev so he must be good Garland and Joshua have had looks. The reality is they have found better chemistry with players not named Pete. For whatever reason Pete is on a bit of an island rn but he hasn't been short changed. If Lafferty and Mikheyev/Hoglander is generating traction I guess you make lemonade. 

the management have never made it a priority to get players that fits EP's style of play and rather force EP to adjust his style of play to compliment others. EP worked well with kuzmenko last season because kuzmenko have the offensive skill and talent that none of the current wingers he plays with have. Kuzmenko struggling this year because RT wants to turn him into a selke winner or something and if he doesn't put defense over offense he's sitting in the pressbox. Hoglander is decent but he doesn't really create much on his own.. there's also 0 playmaking ability on the wings.. how many assist hoglander have in his career? mikheyev? laffefty? garland? suter? the other team are not afraid to let those guy carry the puck coz they dont really have a playmaking ability.. as soon as ep gets the puck? they cheat and collapse on him. kuzmenko is playing like he was last season.. something that is banned on the the canucks.. mikheyev is never a top 6 forward and never will be a top 6 forward he's overpaid injury prone just because management overpays him doesn't make him a top 6.. he's really fast and good defensively.. that's about it.. the only decent player EP played with for a decent stretch this year is hoglander.. 

5 hours ago, Hammertime said:

Hoglander played 8 minutes tonight.  He isn't helping Petey at all right now.  The last time Petey had a legit scorer on his line he got 102 points and finished 7th in Selke voting.  Mikheyev couldn't buy a goal if he won the Lotto 649.

Once Lekkerimaki joins the club that is when you will see the old Petey.  Even McDavid needs Hyman to help him rack up the assists...

5 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Hoglander played 8 minutes tonight.  He isn't helping Petey at all right now.  The last time Petey had a legit scorer on his line he got 102 points and finished 7th in Selke voting.  Mikheyev couldn't buy a goal if he won the Lotto 649.

Once Lekkerimaki joins the club that is when you will see the old Petey.  Even McDavid needs Hyman to help him rack up the assists...

Spider Man Lol GIF

10 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Since when has Hyman been ever considered an elite winger???

His time in TO he’s been a 40pt player.  Only when he was put on McDavid line has his stats skyrocketed.  That’s McDavid making other players better.

12 minutes ago, BPA said:

His time in TO he’s been a 40pt player.  Only when he was put on McDavid line has his stats skyrocketed.  That’s McDavid making other players better.

You're not wrong, but context changes things a bit.

Hyman put up 37 points in 19-20, but he did it in 51 games. He then put up 33 points in 20-21, but he did it in 43 games.

Then he jumped up to 54 in 76, which is still pretty close to his Toronto pace, just in a larger sample size. 

Last season he put up 83 in 79, his only ppg+ season. This season he put up less, 77 in 80, but he was used mostly as a triggerman. 

Hyman hit 40 in 17-18, but each of the following three seasons he went on to put up roughly the same amount of offense in fewer and fewer games. That's why Edmonton rolled the dice on him. 

He's not an elite winger, but he's been putting up roughly a top six player pace for a while now and currently puts up top line numbers. He's getting a pretty slick opportunity playing with McDavid, but he'd been improving on his point per game pace prior to getting a larger opportunity. 

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

You're not wrong, but context changes things a bit.

Hyman put up 37 points in 19-20, but he did it in 51 games. He then put up 33 points in 20-21, but he did it in 43 games.

Then he jumped up to 54 in 76, which is still pretty close to his Toronto pace, just in a larger sample size. 

Last season he put up 83 in 79, his only ppg+ season. This season he put up less, 77 in 80, but he was used mostly as a triggerman. 

Hyman hit 40 in 17-18, but each of the following three seasons he went on to put up roughly the same amount of offense in fewer and fewer games. That's why Edmonton rolled the dice on him. 

He's not an elite winger, but he's been putting up roughly a top six player pace for a while now and currently puts up top line numbers. He's getting a pretty slick opportunity playing with McDavid, but he'd been improving on his point per game pace prior to getting a larger opportunity. 

You also neglected to point out his first full 3 seasons in TO where he played 70+ games he was 28, 40, 41 pt player.  Then his first season with EDM he played 76 games and got 50+ pts.  Stop cherry picking stats.

It’s clear as day, McDavid made Hyman better.  Or are you suggesting that Hyman would have been an elite winger on another team because he’s just that good??

EDIT:  Going by your reasoning, Mik should also be on the same point progression when he’s fully healthy and on a line with EP.  Mik career stats are like 30pts in 50games prior to this season where he was still 30pts in 70 games.

Edited by BPA

11 minutes ago, BPA said:

You also neglected to point out his first full 3 seasons in TO where he played 70+ games he was 28, 40, 41 pt player.  Then his first season with EDM he played 76 games and got 50+ pts.  Stop cherry picking stats.

It’s clear as day, McDavid made Hyman better.  Or are you suggesting that Hyman would have been an elite winger on another team because he’s just that good??

Didn't really see the need, players in their early/mid 20's improving and gradually increasing their point per game isn't exactly groundbreaking. Also, I pointed out his 54 in 76, explaining that it wasn't far off his point per game pace of the previous couple seasons. 

Of course playing with a player like McDavid will improve one's numbers, he probably doesn't hit 50+ goals without him.

I literally said at the bottom of my post that he's not an elite winger, he is a top six winger though, one who has put up top line numbers the last couple seasons. 

My argument was simply that his point per game has gradually improved and that he's produced at roughly a top six player pace since 19-20.

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 1

More surgery required

Tkachuk* - Miller - Boeser

Joshua - Lindholm - Garland

Hoglander - Blueger - Lekkerimaki

Podkolzin - ? - ?

Baines - Raty

* Tkachuk would certainly add a lot of grit and swagger to the team, great for playoff hockey. Some are saying it's a crime Brady has to miss playoffs every year. But if traded to VAN, Tkachuk would be a beast on the Canucks with his buddy Hughes.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

Didn't really see the need, players in their early/mid 20's improving and gradually increasing their point per game isn't exactly groundbreaking. Also, I pointed out his 54 in 76, explaining that it wasn't far off his point per game pace of the previous couple seasons. 

Of course playing with a player like McDavid will improve one's numbers, he probably doesn't hit 50+ goals without him.

I literally said at the bottom of my post that he's not an elite winger, he is a top six winger though, one who has put up top line numbers the last couple seasons. 

My argument was simply that his point per game has gradually improved and that he's produced at roughly a top six player pace since 19-20.

I think the takeaway though is that McDavid made Hyman even better.  I'm not sure we can say that about Petey.  BUT.... Petey is also not McDavid.  I dunno, we just all want Petey to perform to his capabilities so badly that we just overanalyze everything now.

4 hours ago, BPA said:

So by your logic Mikheyev, Suter and Lafferty would all be 57 goal scorers playing with McDavid then right? Because that’s what Hyman did and your saying Hyman isn’t any better than those guys. 

Edited by Elias Pettersson