[PGT] Brock Boeser vs Preds - Game 4, April 28th, 2024

1 minute ago, Locke Lamora said:

Look, I put hockey reffing on the same level as figure skating judging. It’s always going to flawed due the human element. 

But you don’t think that just perhaps the penalties were 5-3 for Nashville because we were chasing the game for 57 minutes?

Did you look at today's penalties? 

Lindholm and Hronek? 

After they let everything else go in the game, that's the 2 they decide to call on us? 

Petey got hit by Lauzon after the goal

Hughes got hit late multiple times

Garland got interfered and brought down when he was no where near the puck

Petey was crossing the front and before shooting and got a slash to the gloves

Meanwhile they call interference on Lindholm for interference when the ref was just as much in the way and ROR dove to sell it? 

Hronek didn't even touch Zucker and got called for a hold? 

If you're gonna call the weak penalties like that, I would think you'd call the more blatant ones? 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

Look, I put hockey reffing on the same level as figure skating judging. It’s always going to flawed due the human element. 

But you don’t think that just perhaps the penalties were 5-3 for Nashville because we were chasing the game for 57 minutes?

The faceoff interference one was a weak call. That shit happens on almost every faceoff and linesman/ref was more in the way than the Canucks center. But Chris Lee I think his name is is a shite ref. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Don't be that guy man. Refs have really been a non factor this series.

Clearly they haven't been a factor. We're up 3-1

Doesn't mean they didn't try.

You're naive if you don't think NHL has games management and biasness. 

It was literally in the Colin Campbell court documents

Im just glad we have a team that can push through the BS and win. 

Also some regular hockey jargon commonly said by announcers... 

"Here's the even up call" 

"canucks better watch out, they've had the last 3 power plays" 

Like why does the term an "even up call" even exist? Why not just call what you see and leave it at that? 

Also why should a team that is dominating possession and drawing multiple penalties"watch out"? 

What should they be watching out for exactly? 

Edited by CanucksJay
  • Like 2

What a game by Boeser, so happy for him.  To all you people who wanted him gone, probably the same group that want Petey gone I say be careful what you wish for.

40 goal scorer BROOOCK BOESSSSSERRRRR! Just carried the team, watch Petey turn it around and do the same.

• Cheers 3

3 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

I believe that there can be some level of referee bias, but I believe it's personal bias that they carry during the game based on their perceptions, not our, or the leagues.

You suggesting that the refs get in the way intentionally, or suggesting we could have run away with that game if it wasn't for the refs is just silly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiener 1

Got up to watch the condensed game again ... about 4 times ... I still cannot comprehend the grit it took to gut out that win in the dying minutes of the game. I believed they could but my mind was calculating the odds of them pulling it off as very low. But that is hockey and this is CANUCKS HOCKEY.

So damn happy, I took the dogs out for a walk twice and game them extra treats this morning (left over ribeye steak) twice as well ... watched the condensed game on my phone again as well while walking Pasic and Sookie.

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!

Edited by Rocket-68

3 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Yeah people seem to forgot just how bad the officiating our playoff series the Sharks were in 2013.  It doesn't mean the better team didn't win (imho).  They weren't THAT much better to sweep us (bunch of Kelly Sutherland clones in that series).

Just now, JayDangles said:

I believe that there can be some level of referee bias, but I believe it's personal bias that they carry during the game based on their perceptions, not our, or the leagues.

You suggesting that the refs get in the way intentionally, or suggesting we could have run away with that game if it wasn't for the refs is just silly.

You don't think the refs factored in the early score by the canucks and how we clamped down last game after leading 2-0 created a bias that it would not be an interesting game if the Canucks scored on the PP and went up by 2 goals 5min into the game? 

The interference call on Forsberg when he hit Myers had them guessing whether it was legitimate or not. I would wonder the same thing if I saw Forsberg take down Myers that easily... But Myers wasn't even looking at Forsberg. He was looking at the puck behind the net and then Forsberg skated at him and put his shoulder down and caught Myers off guard. 

Anway, refs were sitting there in an early 1-0 game while home team was down and unsure about the call they just made. Realizing that if the Canucks score on the PP to make it 2-0, the game might be out of reach 5 minutes in. So they called a weak one on Lindholm. It could easily have been a dive on ROR as well. The guy did a triple axel on his way down. That's the crap that makes me frustrated. 

12 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Got up to watch the condensed game again ... about 4 times ... I still cannot comprehend the grit it took to gut out that win in the dying minutes of the game. I believed they could but my mind was calculating the odds of them pulling it off as very low. But that is hockey and this is CANUCKS HOCKEY.

So damn happy, I took the dogs out for a walk twice and game them extra treats this morning (left over ribeye steak) twice as well ... watched the condensed game on my phone again as well while walking Pasic and Sookie.

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!

This game will be part of the Canucks playoffs lore for decades to come, assuming they get the job done this round. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Also some regular hockey jargon commonly said by announcers... 

"Here's the even up call" 

"canucks better watch out, they've had the last 3 power plays" 

Like why does the term an "even up call" even exist? Why not just call what you see and leave it at that? 

Also why should a team that is dominating possession and drawing multiple penalties"watch out"? 

What should they be watching out for exactly? 

thankfully we only have a couple of calls this series to complain about, and one non-call on that Petey abuse. We've had more bad calls in a single game this year. 

19 minutes ago, Plaguez said:

What a game by Boeser, so happy for him.  To all you people who wanted him gone, probably the same group that want Petey gone I say be careful what you wish for.

40 goal scorer BROOOCK BOESSSSSERRRRR! Just carried the team, watch Petey turn it around and do the same.

Hd Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

The faceoff interference one was a weak call. That shit happens on almost every faceoff and linesman/ref was more in the way than the Canucks center. But Chris Lee I think his name is is a shite ref. 

maybe he thought Myers went down easy? dunno, but it was a make up call for something. 

28 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

if they can get out of the way, they can be IN the way on purpose just as easy.....oops, did I do that?

sting gif.gif

52 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

Sure it was a weak call. Weak calls abound in the playoffs. The discussion was more focused on whether reffing has been a dominant factor in terms of how this has played out. If someone says it has, I’ll counter by saying they don’t know puck all. 

55 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Did you look at today's penalties? 

Lindholm and Hronek? 

After they let everything else go in the game, that's the 2 they decide to call on us? 

Petey got hit by Lauzon after the goal

Hughes got hit late multiple times

Garland got interfered and brought down when he was no where near the puck

Petey was crossing the front and before shooting and got a slash to the gloves

Meanwhile they call interference on Lindholm for interference when the ref was just as much in the way and ROR dove to sell it? 

Hronek didn't even touch Zucker and got called for a hold? 

If you're gonna call the weak penalties like that, I would think you'd call the more blatant ones? 

Very true and why Playoffs take a heavy toll on little guys and Euro Finesse players.  This isn't Soccer!