[Proposal] Laff if you must... but this might just work...

We laugh because he's a Laff, but honestly, I think if Lindholm isn't re-signed, we should target Bertuzzi as a UFA.

I think he'd come in under $6M AAV.  A $5.5M x 6 deal would work nicely and he could play next to Petey for the remainder of his career.  Would definitely bring some power to Petey's wing.

6'2" 200lbs.  Plenty of grit in his game.  13 points in 12 playoff games so is a playoff performer as well.

Hoglander-Petey-Bertuzzi

Of course everyone wants to be a Leaf, so this won't happen.  Maybe if we win a round and Leafs lose against Boston again, the Canucks might be a preferred destination.

Bertuzzi's been underwhelming in Toronto, no need for him to be underwhelming in Vancouver too. 

Plus, too much baggage attached to the last name for all parties involved even if it didn't involve Tyler.

33 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Bertuzzi's been underwhelming in Toronto, no need for him to be underwhelming in Vancouver too. 

Plus, too much baggage attached to the last name for all parties involved even if it didn't involve Tyler.

I wouldn't say he has been underwhelming.  If you believe in analytics, he has been among the better Laff players game in and game out these playoffs (in terms of CF% and FF%). 

3 points in 5 games, 1 of only 8 Laffs with a positive +/-, 19 hits (would be 3rd on the Canucks).

3 hours ago, HKSR said:

I wouldn't say he has been underwhelming.  If you believe in analytics, he has been among the better Laff players game in and game out these playoffs (in terms of CF% and FF%). 

3 points in 5 games, 1 of only 8 Laffs with a positive +/-, 19 hits (would be 3rd on the Canucks).

Still a no from me, not interested in Bertuzzi. Todd was a memorable Canuck to say the least, but I've never cared for Tyler. 

If we're looking for punch up front I'd prefer to look elsewhere. 

As Heff said too, he's near the age where forwards who play a more physical style often tend to fall off a bit. But I'm also reluctant to give anyone not viewed as a core piece an extensive amount of term, short to medium term deals are the best way to maintain cap flex. 

With exceptions of course, if Guentzel expressed interest in Vancouver that'd be something else entirely, but he's in a completely different tier. 

• Cheers 1

On 5/1/2024 at 12:36 PM, The Arrogant Worms said:

No anti vaxxers allowed on the team.

Antivaxxer..lmao ..wake up ..he was right to not take the clot shot..even the drug companies are pulling their covid shite off the market 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Cheers 1

13 hours ago, UncleBen said:

Antivaxxer..lmao ..wake up ..he was right to not take the clot shot..even the drug companies are pulling their covid shite off the market 

Oh....you are one of those.  Got my booster yesterday.

Never had Covid.

Thx for playing .  Go back to sleep.

• Like 1

On 5/7/2024 at 9:12 PM, UncleBen said:

I had COVID and with getting the shot it wasn't bad compared to if I didn't.

I catch colds and so on easy as I am a diabetic and they are always worse for me then others.

So say what you want but actually learn about what you are talking about about.

My wife is a nurse and trust me she gets more info then regular people so you really don't have the full story on the vaccine.

All things have side effects but you weigh both sides it is over 1000 times worse not getting it.

On 5/7/2024 at 9:12 PM, UncleBen said:

Sniff this moran

image.jpeg.6b9a3b7edaf5654a18ba08eeb98d0cef.jpeg