Round 2 - New York Rangers (M1) vs Carolina Hurricanes (M2)

Guess the series outcomes!  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins in How Many Games?

• New York in 4
    • New York in 5
    • New York in 6
    • New York in 7
    • Carolina in 4
    • Carolina in 5
    • Carolina in 6
    • Carolina in 7
  2. 2. BONUS: Will the Rangers score 6 or more goals in a game this series?

18 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Epic; Totally epic!

Yep, and no call. Woulda loved it if Trouba broke his own jaw there. He deserved to.

Insane that there was no charge called there  especially considering Rangers had had 4 straight PPs, including 1 with 1.5 mins left in the third. Some weakass reffing tonight.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Kragar said:

Yep, and no call. Woulda loved it if Trouba broke his own jaw there. He deserved to.

Insane that there was no charge called there  especially considering Rangers had had 4 straight PPs, including 1 with 1.5 mins left in the third. Some weakass reffing tonight.

See his elbow come up and lead into the attempted hit? 

If this kind of charge is allowed without penalty our big D’s should be good to play their generally clean and heavy game. 

I can’t help but compare what I’m seeing here to what we experience in our games. 

11 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

See his elbow come up and lead into the attempted hit? 

If this kind of charge is allowed without penalty our big D’s should be good to play their generally clean and heavy game. 

I can’t help but compare what I’m seeing here to what we experience in our games. 

Yeah, but we'd get called. We've all seen what Myers gets called for.

Any ref with balls would have given Trouba 5 for that. No one can argue that was a hockey play.

1 minute ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Yah, that's what it looked like. Close to being painful, but for the most part, it seems the officiating has eased up for the playoffs somewhat.

Just now, Kragar said:

Yeah, but we'd get called. We've all seen what Myers gets called for.

Any ref with balls would have given Trouba 5 for that. No one can argue that was a hockey play.

If a player goes for a tomahawk chop but swings and misses, is that a penalty call?  If he pulls a gun and shoots but misses, is that a penalty call?  I... think the answer is no. 

Had Trouba made solid contact, he would've knocked Necas out cold and both guys would probably be out for the series.  But Trouba missed.  His foot landed on Necas' head after the follow through, but whatever.  So... both sides move on I suppose.

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, J-23 said:

That is not a penalty 

Weak call results in PP winner. Not even weak, you can push players with the puck.

Edited by Rekker
  • Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Weak call results in PP winner. Not even weak, you can push players with the pick.

Considering what went on with no call, it was a very weak call.

• Upvote 1