[Second Round] Dallas Stars (C1) vs. Colorado Avalanche (C3)

Who will win the series?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Stars in 4
    • Stars in 5
    • Stars in 6
    • Stars in 7
    • Avalanche in 7
    • Avalanche in 6
    • Avalanche in 5
    • Avalanche in 4

2 minutes ago, Chickenspear said:

When Mackinnon gets going, you're getting walked, and there's nothing you can do about it.

For real, he's one of the worst guys to have barreling your way

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

That I agree with 100%, I think even would be better if the league would hand out suspensions for embellishment, they could review all questionable incidents.

Have diving be an automatic 5 and a game, with suspensions doubling each repeat offence and an automatic suspension for refs who don't call the dive.

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Rekker said:

My idea. Each coach should have one challenge flag per game. If he feels there was embellishment, challenge. If the call in the ice is overturned and it's established there was embellishment, give the diver a penalty. It would be a big momentum swing and stop some of it.

I kinda thought any penalty should be challengable at the risk of another penalty if wrong resulting in a 5 on 3.

Edited by Dumb Nuck

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I kinda thought any penalty should be challengable at the risk of another penalty if wrong resulting in a 5 on 3.

Would have to think on that one.

Edited by Rekker

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Have diving be an automatic 5 and a game, with suspensions doubling each repeat offence and an automatic suspension for refs who don't call the dive.

When someone is skating at full speed and taking a shot or making a move it doesn’t take much to knock them off balance. I think it would be too hard to get right with any consistency that’s why I think it should be video reviewed and result in a suspension if found that it was embellishment.

Just now, Dumb Nuck said:

When someone is skating at full speed and taking a shot or making a move it doesn’t take much to knock them off balance. I think it would be too hard to get right with any consistency that’s why I think it should be video reviewed and result in a suspension if found that it was embellishment.

I'd rather just have any penalty reviewed.  With delayed penalties, you can minimize the amount of extra time it takes if the decision is made upstairs.

7 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

You'd have to go double minor instead of 5 on 3 imo

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Manson was barely making contact with the stick on the upper body and the Stars feet go flying. Looked like a dive to me. 

I saw a replay later closer to the refs perspective, and that justified the embellishment call more.

When I first saw it though, it looked pretty bad. It looked like the start of a corkscrew, between the hands and his knee. But yeah, there wasn’t a lot of contact. Even though I'm leaning towards cheering for the Avs, I still don't like the even up on that play.

Just saw the ending. Quite the comeback.

• Cheers 1

57 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Manson was barely making contact with the stick on the upper body and the Stars feet go flying. Looked like a dive to me. 

Just had a thought... all the weak tripping calls from the earlier game may have colored my judgment, too.  So many trips called there, and it just carried over, in my mind.

Yeah, let's stick with that :classic_wink:

• Haha 1

Anyone out there who still believes that defence wins championships?  Sure you have to be able to defend, but pressure, speed and finishing separate the sheep from the goats.  Not to mention making the game worth watching.

1 hour ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

Anyone out there who still believes that defence wins championships?  Sure you have to be able to defend, but pressure, speed and finishing separate the sheep from the goats.  Not to mention making the game worth watching.

Speed is huge, we're seeing that in this series 

Both teams were absolutely flying

• Cheers 1

Stars sure have themselves a gamer, I envy their drafting and development, they're probably one of the few teams in the league without a cap on their window 

r/hockey - Wyatt Johnston has tied a Stars franchise record for most postseason goals scored before 21 (9)