[Second Round] Dallas Stars (C1) vs. Colorado Avalanche (C3)

Who will win the series?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Stars in 4
    • Stars in 5
    • Stars in 6
    • Stars in 7
    • Avalanche in 7
    • Avalanche in 6
    • Avalanche in 5
    • Avalanche in 4

1 hour ago, DrJockitch said:

Nice to see the billion dollar babies bumped. 
Dallas is scary and will have to have gone through Vegas and Colorado, that is tough run to the conference finals. 

hopefully they'll be exhausted after 2 rounds. 

I personally would feel better playing Dallas.

Dallas should do a helluva lot better than Winnipeg, and goaltending should be a factor.

But.... I pick Avs in 6.

1 hour ago, DrJockitch said:

What worries most in the playoffs is the hot goalie and really Dallas is the only other team remaining in the west with top notch tending.

Otter didn't start that way in games 1-2.

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Otter didn't start that way in games 1-2.

Really only game 1. Every game since he's had an over .920 save percentage. Oettinger has had an inconsistent season this year but he can play at a very elite level and has shown the ability to step up his game when it matters.

5 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

Really only game 1. Every game since he's had an over .920 save percentage. Oettinger has had an inconsistent season this year but he can play at a very elite level and has shown the ability to step up his game when it matters.

I'm not saying he isn't good. I still think he has some inconsistencies. But he sure got better as the series rolled on.

• Cheers 1

I'm going with Stars in 7 on this one. The series really could go either way. Ultimately a series that will likely depend on the goaltending. Will Georgiyev play well enough to allow Colorado's offense to take over the games, or will Oettinger continue his elite level play and keep the games close enough that Georgiyev's mediocre goaltending costs the Avs?

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

• -AJ- pinned this topic
Posted (edited)

Same script since the pre-season, pick to win it all is Dallas.   Still feel they were the better team (not by much) and that the best series last year was Vegas/Dallas ... COL is dangerous of course.   Probably going to be one of the best series this year .. could go either way but sticking to Dallas.    They just have it all where it matters, and a great blend of young stars and veteran's that used to be stars.    Dallas in six.   

Also would rather we play Dallas should we make it past EDM.    We've played some good hockey against them.    The teams left in the West, all of them including us, are threats.   None of these teams would be a "surprise", or are considered dark horses at this point. 

Edited by IBatch

9 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Avs remain my pick to win the Cup, so I'm picking them in six.

6 hours ago, PistolPete13 said:

Dallas has a deeper roster than the Avs, and better goaltending. Stars in 7. 
I think it’s their year. 

Yup I had Dallas winning the cup from when the brackets were sorted out.  Incredible depth.

• Cheers 1

51 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Same script since the pre-season, pick to win it all is Dallas.   Still feel they were the better team (not by much) and that the best series last year was Vegas/Dallas ... COL is dangerous of course.   Probably going to be one of the best series this year .. could go either way but sticking to Dallas.    They just have it all where it matters, and a great blend of young stars and veteran's that used to be stars.    Dallas in six.   

Also would rather we play Dallas should we make it past EDM.    We've played some good hockey against them.    The teams left in the West, all of them including us, are threats.   None of these teams would be a "surprise", or are considered dark horses at this point. 

There's absolutely no dark horses this year on both sides.  8 of the top 9 regular season teams are here in round 2.

• Cheers 1