MacKinnon, Kucherov, and McDavid are Hart finalists

Who wins?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Take your pick

1 minute ago, Master Mind said:

Not to discount McDavid pulling EDM back into the picture, but it feels like Pastrnak may have been more deserving of being a finalist.

43 more points than next highest scorer, on a team that lost Bergeron and Krejci and therefore were expected to fall apart.

Pasta would have been a deserving candidate, certainly. I've argued that in a lesser year Josi would warrant consideration as well. 

• Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I don't see McDavid getting it, but I do think he's a deserving nominee. He's a big part of why Edmonton was able to climb out of the hole they dug for themselves early on and if he'd been healthy all year it'd have probably been another Art Ross win for him. 

Kucherov just doesn't have the same buzz around him that MacKinnon does and I think that'll influence voting. Narratives matter, it's why being nominated at all matters, once you've been nominated you're more likely to win imo. MacKinnon is also more likeable than Kucherov. 

It's a misnomer as far as nominations go.   These are the top 3 vote receivers.   Votes all in.   Will be interesting to see where Hellebuyck went and how close it is.   Agree with the "buzz" McKinnon earned.   

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Pasta would have been a deserving candidate, certainly. I've argued that in a lesser year Josi would warrant consideration as well. 

Yep.   Same with QHs and Demko if he didn't go down. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, IBatch said:

Yep.   Same with QHs and Demko if he didn't go down. 

Agreed, although I'd put Josi ahead of Hughes. It's hard to think of a D who did more for their team with less imo, Nashville's offense really drops off after their top line and Nashville's D doesn't resemble Vancouver's. 

Josi's in his 33-34 season and still put up only 7 fewer points than Hughes in the same amount of games, that's nuts. 

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Kucherov should win and it'll be ridiculous if either of the other two beat him. He had 54 more points than the next highest scorer on his team.

I agree. MacKinnon relied a lot on Rantanen and Makar. Kucherov didn’t have the same luxury. Hedman isn’t Makar and Point isn’t Rantanen. Also, Kucherov set an NHL record as being only the 5th player to ever get 100 assists. Gretzky, Orr and Lemieux are the others along with McDavid this year. 

That should push him over the top IMO.  I mean how many times in your career are you going to accomplish something that up until this year only the three greatest players ever accomplished?

Edited by Elias Pettersson

Mackinnon. Easy choice. He’s by far the best player of this three. Kooch is second. The Baby Whiner is a distant third. Mac has a Cup. Kooch has two. Baby Whiner will never win a Cup. Did Dionne win a Cup? Nope. That’s where McWhiner sits. Dionne level. Lots of points but a loser. 

• Cheers 1

16 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Josie, Hellebuyck, Pasta and Mathews all did something to garner some votes for sure.    If we didn't have such a balanced talent pool,  it's possible QHs, Demko or Miller also are deserving ... probably the biggest surprise team in a tough Western conference.     If things didn't tail off like they did, expect one of those guys would see quite a bit of love too.   Demko's winning percentage was sick, especially at home 109 points, it's almost a certainty if he played 14 of those 16 games, we'd be hanging another banner.     Think of our group, he'd get into that layer of guys after the finalist.    Was pacing Luongo/Broduer/Holtby's epic season(s).    45 plus W's was for sure attainable.    We lost a fair number of games due to weak goals down the stretch. 

• Cheers 1