[PGT] Vancouver at Edmonton - Game 3 - Round 2

5 hours ago, -dlc- said:

TSN is garbage. Look how they slant this.

Of course, omit the first part where McSlashy lashes out with a hissy fit.

They are all pissed off that their bets at the bookies are ready for the bin...

I think the key so far is that our top guys are better defensively than theirs and this is usually the recipe to winning. It's not just Miller or Lindholm. Petey's been good defensively. Boeser has been unreal defensively. Suter very smart with that great steal. Our 3rd line is rock solid defensively.

Meanwhile their bottom 9 can't defend and their top line rarely have to. 

• Like 3

Wonder if Soucy is going to get a suspension, that cross check to the face looks bad and you know they'll ignore the slash. I think one of Zadorov or Soucy is going to get 1-2 games. Hope they don't, this stuff hasn't been suspension-worthy yet this playoffs but you know it'll happen.

5 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Wonder if Soucy is going to get a suspension, that cross check to the face looks bad and you know they'll ignore the slash. I think one of Zadorov or Soucy is going to get 1-2 games. Hope they don't, this stuff hasn't been suspension-worthy yet this playoffs but you know it'll happen.

If Nurse didn't get suspended for running Pettersson from behind and Kane didn't for any of his slew foots then neither of Soucy or Zadorov will get suspended. 

• ThereItIs 1

Media is all crying foul for McDavid but ignoring the fact that before the push, slash etc he passed the puck to an oiler, after the buzzer, who then ripped a shot on Silovs. The fact he only got a push from Soucy for that is astounding. 

Would have been a shove to the chest of McDavid if Zads hadn’t chopped him from behind. Not Soucy’s fault he fell down as he was going to shove him on the chest. 
End of the day, good, glad that whiny POS got a stick in the teeth. 

When coworkers try to give me a hard time about going up against Edmonton I said good, they are the easiest draw remaining.  They are the most deeply flawed lineup still around. Our third string goalie is better than their starter, other than Bouchard they have nothing significant on D and their forward depth isn’t great.   But. Man, the 2 player they have are fantastic whiny little bitches. 

That was a poorly called game on both sides, not Sutherland bias, just bad judgement on so many calls. 

This is some entertaining hockey. Looked a lot of the greatest hits roll from the season, Brock scoring, PK struggling, Myers had a game of major chaos, big hits from Zads and Oilers loosing. 
We will be at least even when Demko comes back. 

5 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

What is in fact Sad is that what was stated is exactly (almost word for word) what everyone has been talking about for weeks on AM650, Donnie & Dhali, the Atlantic, Global sports, TSN, Sportsnet, ESPN ......just to name a few.     EP40 has withered up into a snow-flake and we all expect an $11,000,000.00 Million Dollar player (The highest ever paid player in history of this this team - and in the same $ Ball-Park as Mcbaby and MacKinnon) should be playing like such and not falling down ever shift, getting tossed around like salad, afraid to clock players at the right time and unable to score while playing most of the time on the fringes and in the shadows of the rink.     

I don't know about you, but I'd say we're "a bit fortunate" that our other players have stepped up to win games while our Top Player has disappeared under pressure and this should not only be concerning to the coach but fans like you and others as well and needs to be called out because this poor level of play has been going on for 3 months and getting worse.  If it wasn't for his earlier success this season, his prominance and BIG BUCK contract, I wouldn't have been surprised to see him sidelined with Hoglander tonight too.   

Sniff it cave dweller

image.jpeg.6b9a3b7edaf5654a18ba08eeb98d0cef.jpeg

2 hours ago, I_AM_CANUCKIAN said:

Why you all up on someone's opinion?  I ain't been on CDC forever and never posted on here.  Enjoy the win and get the hate out your mouth.

I_AM_CANUCKIAN

*edit I just made an account as I read all the time just don't like the condescending attitude.  We all Canucks fans for the majority.  You ain't special.  I remember you from CDC.  You ain't special

Hi @LaBamba

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Drakrami said:

Putting the blame on Pettersson's wingers is retarded. The organization has tried to get him wingers. Boeser was on his wing and his production dried up. Mikheyev is signed. Kuzmenko is signed. We tried Lindholm for a bit. So it is not for the lack of trying, and we should keep on trying. It would be money if we can get a winger like Hyman though, 5.5mil cap hit. 

McWhiner had no points last night. He had no shots in game one. He’s hiding and crying like the little baby whiner. 
13 mil for that little coward. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, King Heffy said:

A 3rd stringer would be an upgrade over the AHL trash they have.

Isn't Campbell their 3rd?!?!!????

7 hours ago, Gnarcore said:

That wasn't his fault by any means. He just has no luck 😄 

Cole's just had unlucky bounces. Still a positive for us though. As suggested earlier, Juulsen perhaps can ring in. If anything just to give our veteran Dman Cole a rest. And to show the Oilers a different look like last night with Karlsson and Aman in.

Mika hasn't had luck on his side either. If the dude buries just 10% of his chances, then we win games. Now Petey is another thing altogether. Dude's helping us no doubt. But as we all know, his offence has gotta get going. 

All in all though...............

7 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Arty party baby.

I figured that when Demmer went down that Silovs should get a chance to start games. Nothing against DeSmitty, but his injury back in the Preds series was certainly the opportunity the kid needed. Well he obviously hasn't looked back. I'm okay with Silovs being the guy till Demmer gets back. I'm sure Smitty doesn't mind being backup either. After all. That's why we got him, right?

7 hours ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

McDavid and Draisaitl at 29 minutes each again tonight. No way they sustain this. 

We contain that pairing, we win the series. It's that simple.

7 hours ago, CanuckDownUnder said:

They didn't steal the game, they WON the game.

Yep. A win is a win. Sure we got outshot by a good margin, but it's obvious something we did worked and it also helps that we've stellar goaltending ta' boot!😆

Two more wins and another dragon slayed. Woohoo!!!!!!!:towel:

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Lol

So awesome. 

Mcdavid slashed Soucy. As soon as Soucy returned the slash, you can see fear take over Mcdavid as his hands come up (palms out) to say, " hey let's just talk this out" 

Except Z didn't hear him and cross checked him from behind while Soucy got him in the face. 

Lol insult to injury. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Way to go Canucks!

I wonder if kane still has that stupid smile on his face now? Greasy self promoting bag of shit. Sooo glad our club didn't try and sign him. He is a team cancer

Two more to go. GCG!!

• Like 2

Episode 1 Applause GIF by Friends

Well they somehow managed it again, even though they were slightly outplayed in the second and third, and survived the late push and empty net rally.

The hockey gods are still smiling at the Nucks, but I feel the gods will not be as kind to them in Game 4, they need to play better D and get their coverage right especially against Draiguy and McJesus....I know you can't hold them off the scoresheet forever, and they have been doing a pretty decent job thus far....even though the PK hasn't been great....but still very happy overall, again...no one expected them to be here, so if they can go 7 against the oilers that would be fab.

4 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Oh look, Kane tried to injure Zadorov with a kick to the head.  Is there a bigger piece of shit in NHL history?

Noticed this right away.   That was dangerous.   Big Z.    Oilers have to play us now at least 6 times.     Ouch ... for them!