[PGT] Vancouver at Edmonton - Game 3 - Round 2

Just now, CaribouCanuck said:

It's only because it's McDavid that anyone cares about this.. If this was Mikey Anderson or Liam O'Brien instead of McDavid no one would even be thinking about it let alone talking about it, It would just be chalked up to, "wow some rough stuff at the end of game 3!". 

I am so sick of the special treatment McDavid gets. 

Our media need go to war here. The national media sure is campaigning for a suspension. 

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, IBatch said:

We haven't had a full "A" game yet against EDM in the series.    We certainly haven't "wilted" in the physicality department.     Miller played mean last night which was great to see.    Wonder how those Oilers are enjoying their ice baths these days? 

Its exactly the right way to play the Oilers... Hammer them as much as possible... They are getting fed up with the treatment dished out to them...

That they aren't winning makes them concerned as well, and they will be close to desperation next game...

Finally, the fact we are starting to control their PP and actually scoring on our own PP are really making them worried, as that is their main weapon... McD and Dryfish will be be sore all over, and it won't stop... Don't think they fancy much more of this... 

McD got his ass handed to him at the end of the game... It will teach him, that for every action there is a reaction...

As the saying goes, We are free to make choices, but we are not free from the consequences of those choices...

Edited by spook007
  • Cheers 2

They can't hang with us 5 on 5.  They can't defend.  Their goaltending is weak.  They can't win a clean physical game against us.  All they have is a great power play.  It's not enough to win the series.  Only Kelly Sutherland can save them.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

10 hours ago, gwarrior said:

Getting outshot like that, and still finding a way to win. Man, did we EVER find a gem in Silovs!!!! And he was what? A 6th round pick? Totally a diamond in the rough there!!!!

This is pretty impressive the Canucks have become known for developing goalies and it is a strength of our team.

• Cheers 2

12 minutes ago, 24K said:

Look like Soucy gonna get suspended. After letting so much worse go these playoffs they gonna suspend that?

NHL is a joke. 

He probably needs to rest a foot anyway.

9 minutes ago, CaribouCanuck said:

According to Friedman Soucy is getting a hearing...

Well, if Soucy is getting a hearing..

E. Kane!  You get a hearing! (or 3).

C. McDavid!  You get a hearing!

D. Nurse!  You get a hearing!

C. Perry!  You get a hearing!

(Go Oprah Go!)(She's smarter than the D.O.P.(e)S.)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rip The Mesh said:

But I want my Bottle!  Why can't  I have my bottle. / Rest of team; Why can't Davey have his bottle?

We're gonna quit!  / White and black man sais; you already did !

God I'd be so embarrassed if that was Quinn.

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, CaribouCanuck said:

According to Friedman Soucy is getting a hearing...

Of course he is.

"Young man, sit down.  Do you know who you crosschecked?  This man... <points down the table to Connor McDavid who is part of the panel> ... is the Jesus of hockey.  You're done for this series Carson.  Now get out!"

• ThereItIs 1

10 hours ago, -dlc- said:

TSN is garbage. Look how they slant this.

Of course, omit the first part where McSlashy lashes out with a hissy fit.

This was so satisfying to watch that I played it over a dozen times. 

6 minutes ago, 24K said:

I am so sick of the special treatment McDavid gets. 

Our media need go to war here. The national media sure is campaigning for a suspension. 

Remember when McDavid cross checked Miller in the face

if there is any extra discipline there will be a shit storm

Posted (edited)

If Bennet didn't get anything sucker punching Marchant, Soucy should not get anything. 

This league is a joke. 

Edited by 24K

8 minutes ago, 43isprime said:

It's really something when just within this series, Ryan speared Hoglander in the groin.  Have NO idea why that wasn't a suspension.  Not saying I care if Ryan is playing or not, but still... the principle of it when it's probably gonna be more than 1 game for Soucy because he's a Canuck.  Like I said in another post, it would be poetic justice and frankly comedic relief if Juulsen gets in because of the suspension and absolutely destroys Draisatl and knocks him out of the series.

• Cheers 3

7 minutes ago, Reg said:

This is pretty impressive the Canucks have become known for developing goalies and it is a strength of our team.

We can thank Ian Clark and Louongo; they built the culture and the program.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, HKSR said:

It's really something when just within this series, Ryan speared Hoglander in the groin.  Have NO idea why that wasn't a suspension.  Not saying I care if Ryan is playing or not, but still... the principle of it when it's probably gonna be more than 1 game for Soucy because he's a Canuck.  Like I said in another post, it would be poetic justice and frankly comedic relief if Juulsen gets in because of the suspension and absolutely destroys Draisatl and knocks him out of the series.

If more than 1 game we riot! 

Edited by 24K

3 minutes ago, 24K said:

If Bennet didn't get anything suckered punching Marchant, Soucy should not get anything. 

This league is a joke. 

Bennett plays in a state where Bettman and Co want hockey to grow as a fanbase. 

Soucy plays on a Canadian team, and even worse, a west coast Canadian team where Eastern time zones don't even watch the games.

Soucy is gonna get more than 1 game I bet.

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

Hoglander stick to nuts, Hughes slew foot, Nurses fit from behind on Petterson, etc, etc. Those are all 5s and a game minimum. Add on a no call on a blatant high stick with blood....brutal.

• Cheers 2