[PGT] Divemonton at Vancouver - Round 2 - Game 5

43 minutes ago, Steamer4GM said:

I’ve no idea why but some here seem to hate him or his delivery. Go figure. 

For me, he’s the most insightful and entertaining colour guy in the business and I’ve always enjoyed and learned from him and his work from international games and NHL alike. So glad he’s likely with Shorty full time next season. Only wish we had the two of them or even Shorty n Cheech doing all our playoff games

Rays good as long as he doesn't get to negative. I've enjoyed his calls this season.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

And guys leave their feet a lot to absorb contact. You are 100% correct. It was a terrible call. Anyone who played knows it. 

Looking at it this morning, I think they wanted to give Petey a head shot call but came up with this bs on the fly instead. 

• Like 1

This was Petey's best game these playoffs, the refs had to fabricate something to slow him down as he was out playing McDrai. Petey didn't take the bait and showed it the rest of the game. That nifty redirect to get the puck on goal was fantastic. Pistol Pete will close this out on Saturday for the whole of Canada to see what is coming. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I had no idea how arrogant Skinner is, but then again, I paid no attention to him whatsoever before now.

That's what happens when you have a locker room cancer wearing the C and no positive veteran leadership.

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 2

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

Looking at it this morning, I think they wanted to give Petey a head shot call but came up with this bs on the fly instead. 

Closest thing I can figure is elbowing. But that would have been just as weak.

• Like 1

I wo

7 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

I would love for the world media to have this call go viral and embarrass the ref and league,

We have 2 refs again for what reason? They see blood, they don't call or discuss, they Both are the only ones who believe this should be called a penalty,

I suppose the league puts Sutherland in next game as he is 8-0(?) against the Canucks?😒

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Apparently you can charge up.

We will never see a properly officiated game. I've just given up on the notion; Doesn't mean I still don't get pissed when it's against us though..

• Upvote 1

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

"We have to call something, don't we?"

Is how I imagine the huddle went.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Odd. said:

I honestly like our chances better with the Stars than the Avs. 

Same.

Still, I too would like to see it go 7 games. A few more opportunities for those teams to beat up on each other. Ideal situation would be a triple OT game 7 win for the Stars...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

If that was it ,they would have called elbowing- You are correct in saying weak (and pathetic)

8 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Uh Oh ….   The cracks are showing ..

lol 

WOW.... could never imagine Demko saying something like this...

THIS is what our goalies do:

image.jpeg.290b720d2839a2fa09c017af602bf059.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

Just now, Rip The Mesh said:

We will never see a properly officiated game. I've just given up on the notion; Doesn't mean I still don't get pissed when it's against us though..

I've always said we have to be better than the refs to win.

But, imo anyway, the NSH series was called pretty well outside of a couple ugly calls. 

But the tilt to Mcbaby is real. 

• Like 2
  • ThereItIs 1

6 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

Wow

Vancouver has done it. 

They kept their head down, took all the BS reffing and played through it. 

They've won the respect of the analysts. Even today when they were puzzled about the Petey call was the first time they openly questioned a call that went against us. usually they just gloss over it. 

Then they see the Mcdavid dive on Joshua and must be shaking their heads when one team is completely dominating the other and getting screwed by the refs. 

I guess they do have a degree of moral compass. They must know this is wrong.. 

I predict a really fairly reffed game next game. The press has jumped on the canucks wagon and know we are the better team. Nhl knows another reffed game like this will be an embarrassment to the league. 

I don't think those NHL refs who got to the senior level status had much of moral compass left in them. It is bad to think about people this way, but facts are facts.

In addiction, this Coilers team are diving all over the place, McWhiner is leading by example in this department. And that making job very difficult even for those refs who are trying to do a decent job

6 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Eliott Friedman mentioned that THAT call or even interference would have made more sense than charging. 

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Mikheyev is in the press box and Petey turns into a superstar.  Co-incidence?

Nope.

Mik is fast but hands of stone.  Needs to be traded in the offseason to create cap space.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

I'd say that's probably why he called it, but I'd also say that it was an incorrect interpretation of the rule...AFAIK, you have to be moving towards the player and then leave your feet....

I definitely agree there. I've never seen it called in that context

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, BPA said:

Nope.

Mik is fast but hands of stone.  Needs to be traded in the offseason to create cap space.

kinda reminds me of May Ray... fast as lightning, hands of stone

28 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

But he had possession of the puck and was standing still, does he not have to be moving to be considered charging. The english definition of the word implies so.

As I said, I agree completely. I've never seen it called that way and usually a charging penalty when someone leaves your feet happens on a forecheck

9 hours ago, BCNeil said:

Him and Garland.  People wanted both gone. 

I can honestly and proudly say I didn't want either of them gone.