GDT - CANUCKS vs OILERS. GAME 6 - Finish Them! 5pm PST.

1 minute ago, BPA said:

Canucks had the #1 and #3 pick.  Canucks traded the #1 pick to Atlanta to get #2 pick with the understanding that Atlanta would not pick a Sedin.  Atlanta picked Patrik Stefan with the #1 pick.

So technically, Canucks still never drafted a 1st overall pick.

Homer Simpson Nerd GIF

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

If Jack agrees to give Mary her banana if she agrees to give Dick her melons as long as Dick gives his walnuts to Jack then Dick never had a banana. It all depends on how the trades were officially registered. I’m not 100% convinced, I’ll just say it’s possible.

The Canucks owned the pick for a few hours because Burke was stressing.....He didn't want Stephan. At one point Burke thought he was fired cause he was gonna take Stephan.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

It was always by committee, but Miller will have the biggest share of the minutes.

If McDavid and Draisaitl are split up, then the matchups will be easier.

I predict they will be split up to start, and then if the Oil fall behind, they will be re-united.

split would be good!

Just now, chris12345 said:

The Canucks owned the pick for a few hours because Burke was stressing.....He didn't want Stephan. At one point Burke thought he was fired cause he was gonna take Stephan.

Yea that definitely would have led to his firing, I still don’t understand how he managed to pull that off, it was one of the greatest GM moments in nhl history 

• Like 1

Just now, Mando27 said:

Turned on the game early and first thing I saw was the panel salivating over the Oilers. Please Canucks end this thing tonight.

You missed Deb salivating over Miller and Bieksa who were having a chat.

Just tuned in two minutes too late.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Speaking of weight on bridges....when they put the bike lanes in downtown...dont all those concrete dividers add soo much wieght? doubt that extra amount was included in the engineering plan originally...

...and more importantly, how will it effect the game tonight?

Increases the weight of the City riding on JT's shoulders?

• ThereItIs 1

Sometimes the Canucks have a tendency to ease themselves into games, but they need to come out guns a blazing in this one. They need that first goal to take the crowd out of it, frustrate the Oilers into bad penalties.

8 minutes ago, Pycnotic said:

wrong we temporarily had it traded it to Atlanta for the 2nd overall 

IMG_1649.thumb.jpeg.012ae1333d0969bc6a9138ace86158fb.jpeg

Is it our pick if you don’t pick it though? 
great debate here. lol.

1 minute ago, Pycnotic said:

Yea that definitely would have led to his firing, I still don’t understand how he managed to pull that off, it was one of the greatest GM moments in nhl history 

Oh yea man it was HUGE

There was also a promise involved! Rick Dudley