[PGT] Vancouver at Edmonton - Round 2 - Game 6

2 minutes ago, NucksNation said:

I said during the season. Going to be very VERY HARD to win a cup with our top 2 players being the softest players in the show. Him and Pettersson are probably the weakest players in the NHL. Amazingly skilled players during the regular season even they aren’t touched. Playoffs are a different story. Refs will never be on the Nucks side. 

Playoffs do have their ups and downs. We beat Nashville and we have home ice for game 7 vs Edmonton

• Cheers 2

I'm trying real hard to be positive. Most of our core is young, we have proven that we are at least cup contenders. Regardless what happens on Monday I'm proud of this team, but they have to come out flying and push pace and hound pucks and give a fuck!!!

Arty is not the problem, tonight wasn't his best game but I'm so proud of the kid.

But I wonder if Demko starts on Monday...

Posted (edited)

Welp! That sucked. Skinner back in and Canucks looked afraid to shoot. So frustrating. Game was great until Coilers second goal, then Canucks looked afraid to make a mistake.

Oh well. Put it behind you. Focus on what it will take to win game 7. 

edit: Also…I will stay away from here and social media for at least 24 hours for the same of my sanity. Time to read some of the books I’ve been meaning to snd maybe a video game

Edited by arsenalian

Need canucks fans to support our team unconditionally for once.

It blew my mind when the crowd actually cheered for Petey the other night. 

Honestly, for being a fan for all my life, I'd like us to cheer and support our team for once, instead of blame, scapegoat and act like losers.

I feel like that will actually bring us a better fate than the past.

In get everyone is nervous to get let down again, but I say we go all in.

Personally, I think we send them packing in game 7 and not in a one goal game fashion. I can see several of our guys elevating their game to another level!

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

the oily ones are a good team. They played desperate hockey because they were. We couldn't match it.

Now we play with last change at home. No edge in desperation. Who wants it more.

Hopefully the players decide and not the zebras.

All I want at the end of game 7 is to be able to think we fought hard, we competed last game and gave everything we’ve got. We took lots of shots played hard and gave skinner hell. 
so thankfully tonight wasn’t the last game. 

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

From Canucks best game this playoffs last game, to worst game tonight.

Tocchet should be pissed, boys didn't look determined tonight. 

Tocchet plays his part too.  He clearly felt he didn't have to line match tonight and they paid for it and his refusal to change the pp is hamstringing the team

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

I think the mantra of "no panic" and "just play our game" bit them in the ass.

There comes a time to up the intensity and set a tone. In their building with a chance to close it out....I think they needed to come out with a killer instinct, not one of "comfort" in their game.

It was glaring. When they were smashing them into the boards it was throwing the Oilers off their game. They got away from that. 

They can't play scared (to be penalized)....they have to go for it. And shoot for chrissake...rebounds are a thing.

Yeah they need to be on a high thisngame but their not too low and not too high torched them this game. 

1 minute ago, Jaimito said:

That was the point.  

Guys are saying player x or y wasn't good enough.  

The good thing about this loss was that it was a team loss.  They all need to be better. I expect them to come out flying Mon and win this. 

Sure hope so but man that was embarrassing. Like I can't defend anything about that game. Proving the pundits right when they play like that in an elimination game. I have no real expectations of them winning the cup this year but a complete no show is super disheartening. 

1 minute ago, Vanux said:

Need canucks fans to support our team unconditionally for once.

It blew my mind when the crowd actually cheered for Petey the other night. 

Honestly, for being a fan for all my life, I'd like us to cheer and support our team for once, instead of blame, scapegoat and act like losers.

I feel like that will actually bring us a better fate than the past.

In get everyone is nervous to get let down again, but I say we go all in.

Personally, I think we send them packing in game 7 and not in a one goal game fashion. I can see several of our guys elevating their game to another level!

Don’t worry, the stink of this awful effort tonight is still fresh, still raw. All the fans are hugely disappointed. Give it a day or two and it’ll turn into support for game 7. The white towels will be waving and we’ll bring our best. We played the whole season for this chance. There is absolutely no way our top guys no show that game. 

1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

I think the mantra of "no panic" and "just play our game" bit them in the ass.

There comes a time to up the intensity and set a tone. In their building with a chance to close it out....I think they needed to come out with a killer instinct, not one of "comfort" in their game.

It was glaring. When they were smashing them into the boards it was throwing the Oilers off their game. They got away from that. 

They can't play scared (to be penalized)....they have to go for it. And shoot for chrissake...rebounds are a thing.

100 percent right. Nobody gives it to you, you have to take it! I believe Jack Nicholson said that in the Departed. 

The question is, do you go back to DeSmith? Silovs is a rookie with fewer than 20 career starts. Not playoff, career. They went back to Skinner and that guy was an absolute sieve. Silovs might be feeling the effects of playing so many games in a short amount of time. And he's a rookie. He let in some softies tonight. I think it'd be smart to go DeSmith here. Won't necessarily help wake the boys up front up. But might be good to go with the fresher vet in net.

• Like 1