[PGT] Vancouver at Edmonton - Round 2 - Game 6

Today's game just looked like we had no jump. I really hope I'm wrong, but is anyone else getting 2011 Boston series vibes? Fight super hard to win 3 close games, then run out of gas for a fourth?

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, luckylager said:

I refuse to acknowledge that a hockey game was played tonight. We're winning on Monday.

DONT @ ME BRO

Today was a glorified practice skate 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Rip The Mesh said:

There's a saying about wanting something so bad, you can't always think properly, and I swear that's what we're seeing with Hughes.

Really doesn't seem himself, I hope he get's another series..

He's still young. Still learning despite his talent. He's learning from this. That's why he may seem off. He's growing into his talent. 

2 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

There's a saying about wanting something so bad, you can't always think properly, and I swear that's what we're seeing with Hughes.

Really doesn't seem himself, I hope he get's another series..

Or he's just overwhelmed at his first true playoff experience. 

1 hour ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Playoffs do have their ups and downs. We beat Nashville and we have home ice for game 7 vs Edmonton

That’s great but Pettersson and Hughes have been non factors majority of the playoffs. They’re our Mackinnon l and Makar.

Miller and Zadorov have greatly outperformed both which is my point. These 2 are our highest paid players and  meant to lead the team. They get intimidated by physical play and have only on the big boys to lead the team. Pretty easy to see.

2 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention:

I got a text from Miller... the reason the Canucks lost this one was that JT wanted to finish the Oil in Vancouver so he could flip Deb the game winning puck.  😉

JT will do this at the end of the game in Vancouver:

• Haha 1

Just now, NucksNation said:

That’s great, but Pettersson and Hughes have been non factors majority of the playoffs. They’re our Mackinnon l and Makar.

Miller and Zadorov have greatly outperformed both which is my point. These 2 are our highest paid players and  meant to lead the team. They get intimidated by physical play and have to rely on the big boys to lead the team. Pretty easy to see.

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

I'm hoping Tocc is just playing mind games and. Surprise! Demko starts game 7.

Why would that matter when our whole team plays intimidated. The amount of pathetic efforts so far this playoffs is crazy. When the coach has to come out and say he doesn’t know if some players realize they’re in the Stanley cup finals it says it all really. 

41 minutes ago, Dude said:

What the hell has happened to Zdorov.Smashed people all over the ice I heard his name twice tonight.

He’s been neutered. Hasn’t done much since the Soucy suspension. Saw the refs talking to him last game as well after he threw a hit. 

1 minute ago, NucksNation said:

He’s been neutered. Hasn’t done much since the Soucy suspension. Saw the refs talking to him last game as well after he threw a hit. 

Yeah that Soucy suspension much like Rome suspension killed any physicality and edge to our game. No more emotions after that

All I know is I got nothing to say about game 7.  I have no idea what kinda team is gonna show up.  Going from a dominating performance in game 5 to their worst effort in game 6... who knows what game 7 holds anymore.

23 minutes ago, 43isprime said:

Today's game just looked like we had no jump. I really hope I'm wrong, but is anyone else getting 2011 Boston series vibes? Fight super hard to win 3 close games, then run out of gas for a fourth?

Yep, tonight was exactly like game 6 in Boston.

• Cheers 1

Just now, HKSR said:

All I know is I got nothing to say about game 7.  I have no idea what kinda team is gonna show up.  Going from a dominating performance in game 5 to their worst effort in game 6... who knows what game 7 holds anymore.

I'd lean on the side of having faith. We've been proving people wrong all season. We can beat these guys. That we know. I'd lean on that knowing. More is known about that than unknown.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

I'd lean on the side of having faith. We've been proving people wrong all season. We can beat these guys. That we know. I'd lean on that knowing. More is known about that than unknown.

I commend you for your faith in this team, but man, I did not see this kinda effort coming for game 6.  That was brutal.  Not sure they could have played much worse.