US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

2 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

@Sabrefan1 - Condescending and patronizing... yep, double check

And onward...

That wasn't my intention this time believe it or not. 

You would be a happier person if you just ignored my posts from now on.

But again, I'm not going to tell you how to enjoy your time here.

18 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

I don't prescribe to the Stepford Wife way of life.  Life would be boring if everyone always agreed with everyone else.

I subscribe to the, treat others how you have them treat you, way of life.

Especially when it's the hardest time to do that.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

I'd ask the same of you, but you're the same person who poked at and caused trouble with the early MAGA dummies 8 years ago because you didn't like that they were silly enough to cheer for the Orange Buffoon known as Donald Trump and you kept needling and poking at them until their inevitable lack of self-control got them banned.

That's not your fault because they were grown people who need to take responsibility for their actions, but you and a couple of others really did your level best to get them off of the board and succeeded.  Why, because you didn't like their stated opinions, as stupid and silly as they were.

I still occasionally miss Harvey (I'm not the only one by the way) and I would miss Clam if he'd ever stop making alts and settle down and not get kicked off of the board.

FTR, Harv didn't get banned because of anything to do with Trump. In fact, he admitted a few times that he was just trolling for a reaction from the never-Trumpers. (now why does that sound familiar? :classic_cool:)

Harv got the boot because he promoted a silly conspiracy theory about the Las Vegas shooting. He was told to cut it out by the mods multiple times, but for whatever reason, wouldn't stop.

I get why the trolling thing is attractive to some folks, but IMHO, trolling anyone about that incident is beyond the pale and deserving of a response. Especially after multiple warnings.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RupertKBD said:

FTR, Harv didn't get banned because of anything to do with Trump. In fact, he admitted a few times that he was just trolling for a reaction from the never-Trumpers. (now why does that sound familiar? :classic_cool:)

Harv got the boot because he promoted a silly conspiracy theory about the Las Vegas shooting. He was told to cut it out by the mods multiple times, but for whatever reason, wouldn't stop.

I get why the trolling thing is attractive to some folks, but IMHO, trolling anyone about that incident is beyond the pale and deserving of a response. Especially after multiple warnings.

Damnnn.  It's been so long, I don't remember him doing that.  I miss that goofy b*stard, but knowing that he did it to himself... D*mn Goofy b*stard.  😂

Edited by Sabrefan1

1 hour ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Trump Reportedly Asks Fossil Fuel CEOs For $1 Billion

In exchange, the former president vowed to undo many of President Joe Biden's green energy policies.

The sad thing is, this will just get written off as "Trump being Trump", even though were it any other candidate for president in the history of the republic, it would be immediately disqualifying.......

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Trump Reportedly Asks Fossil Fuel CEOs For $1 Billion

In exchange, the former president vowed to undo many of President Joe Biden's green energy policies.

Do many of these fossil fuel companies still own stakes in green energy?  I know at one point, last decade, some of those companies were hedging their bet just in case.  I seem to remember reading a story where the authors compared it to tobacco.  The tobacco corps that hedged into things like food companies didn't get hit as hard as the ones who had all their eggs in one basket.

Either way, Trump will undo those policies anyway, money or no money.  It's part of the Republican platform. 

Grifter's gonna grift.

3 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

The sad thing is, this will just get written off as "Trump being Trump", even though were it any other candidate for president in the history of the republic, it would be immediately disqualifying.......

You're giving people here too much credit.  There was a time where this was an actual crime, but the politicians have divided this country to the point where legalized bribery and influence peddling is the norm.  Usually it's done through lobbyists as the middle men/women, but Trump grifts better than most lobbyists on Capitol Hill.

2 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Ummm Yeah... This...  🤨

Barron Trump selected as Florida delegate to Republican National Convention

So was Dumb and Dumber as well as was Tiffany Trump.  Ivanka is apparently still being shut out by the Donald.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/barron-trump-selected-as-florida-delegate-to-republican-national-convention/ar-BB1m4v5z?

This is the Republican version of the Theory or Relativity....

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Ummm Yeah... This...  🤨

Barron Trump selected as Florida delegate to Republican National Convention

So was Dumb and Dumber as well as was Tiffany Trump.  Ivanka is apparently still being shut out by the Donald.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/barron-trump-selected-as-florida-delegate-to-republican-national-convention/ar-BB1m4v5z?

Kids are off limits

Political figures aren't.

Hope the kid has some seriously thick skin because he's gonna need it

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Kids are off limits

Political figures aren't.

Hope the kid has some seriously thick skin because he's gonna need it

Look at his parents, he's probably capable of things you haven't thought of.

• ThereItIs 1

Bannon goes to jail:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/steve-bannon-is-heading-to-jail-as-judge-upholds-his-conviction/ar-BB1man8I?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=446f17340e6548f0a6c189d3faf7dc1b&ei=25

"

Donald Trump's former chief strategist Steve Bannon is headed to prison after an appeals court upheld his conviction for contempt of Congress.

He was handed a four-month sentence in 2022 for refusing to give evidence to a congressional investigation into the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol.

---------------------------

a bit mal

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Not politics but it's never a bad thing to add some levity to a discussion/thread:

🤣

They should have known better than to roast Brady...

Of course he got pissed off about a joke that Jeff Ross told.....:classic_rolleyes:

• Cheers 1

The Governor of my state actually said that black kids in the Bronx didn't know what the word "computer" is.  Of course, she tried covering her butt with a half-assed apology/explanation 24 hours later after the storm hit her for being such a race baiting twit.

If you're going to virtue signal as a NY politician, try not to basically call the children of an entire racial makeup in a NYC borough "ignorant".  That tends to ruffle feathers.

NY governor slammed for saying black children don't know what computers are

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-68971655

1 hour ago, Gurn said:

Bannon goes to jail:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/steve-bannon-is-heading-to-jail-as-judge-upholds-his-conviction/ar-BB1man8I?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=446f17340e6548f0a6c189d3faf7dc1b&ei=25

"

Donald Trump's former chief strategist Steve Bannon is headed to prison after an appeals court upheld his conviction for contempt of Congress.

He was handed a four-month sentence in 2022 for refusing to give evidence to a congressional investigation into the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol.

---------------------------

a bit mal

I'm curious if they'll throw him into a Club Fed minimum security prison like they would have initially, or if they'll now toss him into a medium security prison out of spite.