Sept 26, 2023 - Forum Update

8 hours ago, Ribs said:

Hi everyone! Thank you all for making the journey over here. It does not look like the old forum will be making a triumphant return, but we've already surpassed it in terms of activity. Almost 1000 members and 17k posts so far - not bad. Thank you all for your kind words on here and in PM, and please have patience with me as we clean up some loose ends.

Domain Change

Apologies for the kerfuffle with the domain change - that too much longer than I had anticipated. The primary domain is now canucksfanforum.com, and forumcanucks.com will forward to it.

Discord

Totally unrelated, we have a discord that will serve as a backup if the forums go down. You can also see if I'm playing Cyberpunk. The discord is very lightly moderated and will be used for announcements and panic posting. Here is the link:

https://discord.gg/y7CgsHaY

Donations

Thank you so much to everyone offering to donate and help keep this place running financially. I am planning to open a donation when the other forum has officially bit the bullet. I'm not interested in making any money - all proceeds will feed directly back to operating costs (roughly $135 CAD). There will be full transparency, with all donations and expenses tracked monthly. Ideally we'll be able to get a few months ahead of the subscription.

Themes

Special thanks to @aGENT for making the lovely logos you see at the top of each theme. There are three themes available for selection at the bottom of the page:

• Light (default)
  • Dark-Skate
  • Dark-Orca

Mod & Admins

A massive thanks to everyone who has come across or volunteered to be mods and admins. The current list is:

Admin:

@Ribs

@-AJ-

@diesel_3

@-dlc-

@Vintage Canuck (reduced capacity)

Mods:

@Optimist Prime

@Sharpshooter

If anyone else is interested in some light housekeeping, please let me know.

Profile Updates

Want your post count, reputation and rank moved over from CDC? Make a post here:

Bugs? Suggestions? Put em here:

I can help out as a moderator. I have done it before on other sites so I know what is involved for the most part. Let me know when you can

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

Thanks for doing all this, it is appreciated although I'm sure you know that. On another note, I ate ribs last night but I hope we can still be pals. 

it only brings us closer

• Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

Question 

Who is rearranging the forms? I went into off-topic where a lot of the things I look at are usually at and were in the old form and now they’re in white noise. I’m just wondering why the  rearrangement . Can say it probably doesn’t matter much however, I don’t like change, so just wondering. not sure if this is right place to post the question. Sorry if it’s not I realize it’s new however, I thought it be a lot like the old one

On 9/27/2023 at 3:21 PM, Bllewellyn said:

Question 

Who is rearranging the forms? I went into off-topic where a lot of the things I look at are usually at and were in the old form and now they’re in white noise. I’m just wondering why the  rearrangement . Can say it probably doesn’t matter much however, I don’t like change, so just wondering. not sure if this is right place to post the question. Sorry if it’s not I realize it’s new however, I thought it be a lot like the old one

We had many Threads in different areas at CDC as well. For instance, the Sports stuff was moved into its own category here and there. 

What were you referring to specifically? 

8 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

We had many Threads in different areas at CDC as well. For instance, the Sports stuff was moved into its own category here and there. 

What were you referring to specifically? 

Just all the things I’d look at in off topic in the old forum and here has now been moved to white noise. Not really a big deal, I just never when into white noise in the old form and now I’ll have to and was just wondering why the change, seems like it was rearranged for the sake of change and no other real reason….. again not a big deal was just wondering the thought process behind it.

2 minutes ago, Bllewellyn said:

Just all the things I’d look at in off topic in the old forum and here has now been moved to white noise. Not really a big deal, I just never when into white noise in the old form and now I’ll have to and was just wondering why the change, seems like it was rearranged for the sake of change and no other real reason….. again not a big deal was just wondering the thought process behind it.

Re-arranged to streamline things.

Was there anything in particular or you’re just commenting generally speaking? 

• Ribs unfeatured and unpinned this topic