(Signing) Owen Power re-signs with Sabres

• Integra250 changed the title to (Signing) Owen Power re-signs with Sabres
1 minute ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Kinda surprised he signed for that.  He certainly left some money on the table.

He went with security... 

To be fair, I seem to recall a very tall Sabres dman that won the Calder and then steadily leveled off to a mediocre level despite his giraffe-like stature. 

12 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Can you imagine having 2 franchise #1OA defencemen on your team?  What a luxury.

Sabres are gonna be a great team for the next decade. Now it's a matter of how fast they can come together. 

You need some key veterans to bring a young team together. 

New Jersey

Ottawa 

Buffalo 

Montreal 

Columbus 

Detroit 

That's my Eastern pecking order for the young up and coming teams in order of who will have the most success over the next 5 years. 

18 minutes ago, AatuD2 said:

He went with security... 

To be fair, I seem to recall a very tall Sabres dman that won the Calder and then steadily leveled off to a mediocre level despite his giraffe-like stature.

Plenty of experts believe Owen will be special.  That's why he went first in the draft. 

Nobody knew for sure about Tyler.  Same with Rasmus Ristolainen.  Two giant whiffs from former GM's who shall remain nameless.

Sabres are gonna be a great team for the next decade. Now it's a matter of how fast they can come together. 

Here's hoping...

Now if the Canucks could get out of the morass of the middle and get to top 3 of the conference, I'd be the happiest camper around.

• Cheers 3

28 minutes ago, AatuD2 said:

He went with security... 

You need some key veterans to bring a young team together. 

New Jersey

Ottawa 

Buffalo 

Montreal 

Columbus 

Detroit 

That's my Eastern pecking order for the young up and coming teams in order of who will have the most success over the next 5 years. 

3 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Plenty of experts believe Owen will be special.  That's why he went first in the draft. 

Nobody knew for sure about Tyler.  Same with Rasmus Ristolainen.  Two giant whiffs from former GM's who shall remain nameless.

Buffalo was wise to trade those two when they did.  Myers was part of a massive package deal for Evander Kane, and Ristolainen.... how they fleeced Philly that hard is beyond me.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

I sometimes wish we were like Buffalo where we can gamble on first overall picks. 

It was rough watching him in his own end trying to learn to play the NHL game against vets, but he showed flashes of putting it together as time went on.  The coaching staff just needs to pound him into shape like they did with Dahlin.

Edited by Sabrefan1

19 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Honestly an amazing contract brings him until he's 27 and then he signs the BIG money contract.

Not even gonna lie.  So bitter and envious of the sabres getting two 1st OA defensemen 

I mean, is it too much to ask for one 1st OA pick at some point in the franchises history?

• Haha 2
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Miss Korea said:

Buffalo was wise to trade those two when they did.  Myers was part of a massive package deal for Evander Kane, and Ristolainen.... how they fleeced Philly that hard is beyond me.

When we mocked the Flyers fans for the overpay, most refused to believe us, but the analytic minded Flyer fans were really really p*ssed off. 

Gotta love Buffalo's setup. Rebuilt the right way, so far. Now it's just a matter of hitting that next level. Must be nice having a plethora of good to great youngsters. Instead of pinning all their hopes on NCAA free agents and 3 to 4 first rounders. If Levi gets within even 80% of his potential. That's a dangerous team.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

12 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Powers is 100% that slow burn type of player that just explodes out of the gate one year after taking that next step.

Sure he might be 22-25 when it happens but out of nowhere *bam* franchise defenseman 

• Like 3
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Gotta love Buffalo's setup. Rebuilt the right way, so far. Now it's just a matter of hitting that next level. Must be nice having a plethora of good to great youngsters. Instead of pinning all their hopes on NCAA free agents and 3 to 4 first rounders. If Levi gets within even 80% of his potential. That's a dangerous team.

People that wonder "what if Canucks stayed patient for another three years" can look at Sabres HOWEVER...  we shouldn't ignore the 10 year rebuild total time spent.  They went from rebuild into rebuild, right @Sabrefan1 ?