Who will surprise at training camp?

Rush

Training camp is coming up so quickly - finally some Canucks hockey starting up. I'll be watching Saturday and Sunday in Victoria, and hoping to see some gelling of lines and defensive pairings early on. Let's get it sorted early this year.  I hope Woo is the big surprise this year. Every year since we drafted him, it's been 'he's not ready yet.. maybe another year or two." It's time that he's either ready, or he ready to move out.

I don't think Raty is ready for the NHL on a regular basis. I have not been impressed with what I have seen from him so far. Last night he looked stronger on the forecheck but the rest of his game still needs work. Perhaps just a confidence thing? 

I have been impressed with Hirose and McWard but the numbers game makes it likely they start in Abbotsford. 

For me it has to be Woo that I am hoping will step up and show he is ready. Looking for big things out of him at camp. Also very interested to see what Hronek can bring. Honestly I guess I'm watching everyone on D this camp. Other than Hughes who we know what he will bring.  

I'm excited for Bains and McDonough though I think both will play most of the year in Abby. Tolopilo showed well last night and could challenge Silovs for starts if they're both in Abby as well.

I think Dakota Joshua will surprise at camp and earn a bigger role than 4th line winger over the course of the year.

I think (hope) Woo is going to turn some heads and take his place as a 7/8 and get a few NHL games this year. Lord knows this franchise needs some of that nasty back there.

Podz is going to make the biggest impact. He's going to finally look like the 1st rounder we all hope he would be.

• Like 3