[GDT] Vancouver @ Tampa Bay, Thursday, October 19th, 4pt/7et, SNP, SN650.

• Jess pinned and featured this topic

Well frack

I'm not 100% certain I've recovered from the Phail that was Philly but I'm definitely expecting a big bounce back if this team is what so many of us believed it to be before game 1 (significantly better and re-focused).

I'm assuming today was a travel and rest day?

No bag skate or wall drills for Myers?

No RT running around the hotel with a Staple Gun tacking reminder notes to guys' foreheads?

I was hoping Tampa was gonna be on a bit of a slide after losing to Detroit then the OT loss to the Sabres but they've got a lot more going on over there than that so no wishful thinking reliance here. 'Nucks are gonna have to go in there and show they can skate and battle with and play LIKE champions. Not an easy building to steal points out of for any team and certainly not for us historically from what I recall.

Really hoping to see another kickass showing from Demko but this time with the team in front of him that we saw when he was hurling into his mask.

Come on boys!!!

Go Canucks GO!!!

3-2 OTW

Kuzmenko with the winner

Oh, how I pine for the day we finally get Pettersson decent wingers.

I'm not a big fan of Kuzmenko; just too fluffy and confused for me.

Don't even mention Garland or Beauvillier; puh-leez.

EP40 is one of the best centers in the league and we saddle him with rejects.

Sheesh!

Everybody concerned with who's gonna play with Hughes; WTF?

Wake up mngt!  We are wasting Petey's time.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

First must win game of the season. Tampa work extremely hard and have skill so we've got to match their intensity or they'll just own us in our own zone. 40 shots against in the last two games is ugly. They're not going to be happy with their start and Hedman is a beast so far already so this won't be easy.

Hoping for an ugly road win, roll with their punches, get them on the PP and hope Demko gives up less than 2.

3-2 Canucks in OT

2 hours ago, Goal_thecup said:

Oh, how I pine for the day we finally get Pettersson decent wingers.

I'm not a big fan of Kuzmenko; just too fluffy and confused for me.

Don't even mention Garland or Beauvillier; puh-leez.

EP40 is one of the best centers in the league and we saddle him with rejects.

Sheesh!

Everybody concerned with who's gonna play with Hughes; WTF?

Wake up mngt!  We are wasting Petey's time.

Mikheyev is coming back.  He is a perfect winger for Petey.  And Kuzmenko is a pure goal scorer which Petey needs.  That line will be fine.  Same with the 4th line.  Joshua/Blueger/Lafferty.  Once that 4th line comes together, it will also be fine.  The problem is the middle of the lineup.  Too many soft one way players.  Other than Miller and maybe Suter, the rest are one-dimensional players.  Not Tocchet type players at all.  

More trades need to be made.  Beauvillier and Garland definitely have to go.  $9.1 million between them.  That is almost criminal.  What a waste of cap space...

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2