Canucks lead Canadian teams in latest NHL Power Rankings

• The Arrogant Worms changed the title to Canucks lead Canadian teams in latest NHL Power Rankings

Honestly the rankings are whatever to me. I've seen Oilers podcast ranking their team above Canucks after they beat Calgary on Sunday. Suddenly they think their team is back to normal cause they beat Calgary who is basically dysfunctional at this point.  They're ranking the teams based on where they believe Oils will end up a month from now. Then they try to justify it by pulling out our stats that they don't believe are sustainable (which I don't disagree with). If you're just going to predict the future what is the point of doing a power ranking?

I feel like Canucks aren't being recognized for their recent success because outside of the Vancouver media most believe it's all luck and Demko and that the standings will 'normalize' before American Thanksgiving.

Anyway I'm just going off a little rant. I am excited with the team now, but still remain cautiously optimistic. I just hope Canucks can prove others wrong. 

Not surprising to see our stars leading the league. Petey 2nd in points. Hughes 1st in defencemen points and +/-. Demko slowly creeping up the goalie stats finally.

Our solid goals for (4 goals per game!) and tidy GAA of 2.33 or something is huge. PP is still top-10 but sliding a bit and our PK has never been a strong suit, but is hovering around the middle of the league. A surprising stat is that our shots for are one of the lowest in the league but that doesn't matter too much, must mean we have one of the best shooting % in the league. Faceoffs at an even 50% could be improved on too.

The main stats that matter the most are GF and GA and we're doing really well there.

On 10/31/2023 at 11:41 AM, Wing said:

Honestly the rankings are whatever to me. I've seen Oilers podcast ranking their team above Canucks after they beat Calgary on Sunday. Suddenly they think their team is back to normal cause they beat Calgary who is basically dysfunctional at this point.  They're ranking the teams based on where they believe Oils will end up a month from now. Then they try to justify it by pulling out our stats that they don't believe are sustainable (which I don't disagree with). If you're just going to predict the future what is the point of doing a power ranking?

I feel like Canucks aren't being recognized for their recent success because outside of the Vancouver media most believe it's all luck and Demko and that the standings will 'normalize' before American Thanksgiving.

Anyway I'm just going off a little rant. I am excited with the team now, but still remain cautiously optimistic. I just hope Canucks can prove others wrong. 

Oilers fans and podcasters are a special kind of stupid. 

It is an interesting moment in time as a Canucks Fan.  We have been short on defense for quite awhile and have been told that Soucy, Cole, Hronek will barely move the needle.  We are currrently 4th in GA and have the 1st and 4th highest scoring defensemen in the NHL.  Of course it won't necessarily continue in this fashion, but it is fun to stop and enjoy it for a bit.

We have dmen leading the NHL, AHL, and entire CHL in scoring with Hughes, Wolanin, and Brustewicz.  Things might finally be looking up.