Tom Willander | D

16 minutes ago, Alflives said:

The BU coach, and ex NHLer, said on an interview he expected Willander to be only in college one year and then be on the Canucks. Willander will be on our club next season. Heck he’s likely playing for us in the playoffs spring 2024. 

I'd be worried about that except we now have a good d coach that will know how to manage his development.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 2
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Watching the Willander game. He’s awesome. But this Hutson guy is a real puck sucker. He’s terrible! He’s killing their team’s chances. The guy should be benched. 

Canucks defensive prospects are having a good night 

Hunter had 1 goal and 2 assists in an 8-0 blowout.   

Kirill Kudryavstev with 1 assist in a 2-1 loss. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • ThereItIs 1

On 10/11/2023 at 3:22 PM, Coconuts said:

Looking forward to tracking him, I'm still tickled pink we actually took a D with our first round pick. And that was actually held onto our pick instead of moving it for that matter. If the Canucks want top four D on manageable deals they need to draft and develop them themselves, it's much harder to pluck legit top four D in their prime away from other organizations. Hopefully this leads to their holding on to their top two picks more often going forward. 

Been saying the latter of your statement for the last 40+ years but it's ALWAYS been sell the farm for a one trick pony, did that ever work? 

Past that, I'm happy D-petey has some snarl along with a 6'3 frame, we need that! 

One of the reasons I smiled when I saw Soucy is 6'5, He will definitely help our cause this year! 

Willander, I was on the fence about him until I did some further investigation, and then it seemed like a good pick. Not complaining at all, now if we can just hit a good mix of skill and grit, we'll do ok, and speaking of that, good to see the Lafferty signing helping toughen us up too! 

Actually I thought AL would be all in on a creampuff team when he arrived but seems like management saw what a soft team is in for during the post season, nowhere, just like it always has.

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

I'd be worried about that except we now have a good d coach that will know how to manage his development.

What you didn't like Willy D and his laughable circus??? And Green as well?  Lmao!

Yeah it's hard to develop when your trying to win games on the backs of over used vets ridden into the ground and then throw in raw recruits when they get injured and ruin or at least slow down their development...

• ThereItIs 1