Who will the better Hughes at the end of the season?

Who will the better Hughes at the end of the season?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Vote here

• Jack
    • Quinn

Jack will probably have higher points totals as he is a forward, and let's not kid ourselves, the stats are skewed right now for Quinn.  We just blew out SJ where Hughes had 5 points lol

But realistically, I wouldn't be surprised if QH finishes with 90+ points which is incredible.  Jack will probably finish with 120 to 130 points.

Great question, but I think Jack edges out QH unless Quinn breaks the 100 point mark, in which case he should win the Norris if his +/- continues on this upward trend.

Imagine being their parents where it's really plausible that Quinn wins Norris, Jack wins Art Ross, and Luke wins Calder.

• Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Jack will probably have higher points totals as he is a forward, and let's not kid ourselves, the stats are skewed right now for Quinn.  We just blew out SJ where Hughes had 5 points lol

But realistically, I wouldn't be surprised if QH finishes with 90+ points which is incredible.  Jack will probably finish with 120 to 130 points.

Great question, but I think Jack edges out QH unless Quinn breaks the 100 point mark, in which case he should win the Norris if his +/- continues on this upward trend.

Imagine being their parents where it's really plausible that Quinn wins Norris, Jack wins Art Ross, and Luke wins Calder.

I could see this happening and bring attention to the league (and this being possible on it's own merits)

Better is subjective, Jack is looking like a top 10 NHL forward whereas Hughes is looking like a top 10 D

It'd be an easier comparison if they were both forwards but they're not 

The interesting comparison will be how Luke compares to Quinn in a few years, he's having a very good start

I'd go with Jack though, dude has started like a rocket and while you've got to credit Quinn, he did just have a five point game to bolster his numbers

Jack will have his big games too

Edited by Coconuts

2 hours ago, HKSR said:

I was about to say "what about Luke?" He's currently 2nd in rookie scoring with 7 points in 9 games and averaging 20min/game. It's definitely looking like he's a frontrunner for the Calder. It's actually looking like a pretty incredible rookie class and Bedard might not even be a Calder finalist.

3 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

I was about to say "what about Luke?" He's currently 2nd in rookie scoring with 7 points in 9 games and averaging 20min/game. It's definitely looking like he's a frontrunner for the Calder. It's actually looking like a pretty incredible rookie class and Bedard might not even be a Calder finalist.

Luke's had an excellent start, I've been more impressed by what Mintyukov has contributed to a Ducks team most folks weren't expecting much from though 

But like you said, it's an impressive rookie class and Bedard hasn't looked like the slam dunk folks thought he'd be thus far 

• Cheers 1

There have been a handful of fantastic pairs of brothers but I don't know if there have ever been three this good.  Brian, Brent and whichever Sutter you want as #3 would be pretty solid.  I would probably say Quinn and Jack have yet to match Brent's 100 point season as a high water mark though Quinn will almost surely do something more impressive at some point, possibly this year.

I guess Luke Hughes still has his work cut out for him...Darryl Sutter was a 40 goal rookie and Luke will be hard pressed to match that.