Carey Price's injury revealed

34 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Damn, that's rough. 

Weird timing to read this....I had a sleepless night last night due to deep pain in my leg. Many years ago I stepped in a foot size hole in pavement and went down, hard. Twisted my knee. Awhile later I was playing basketball with my kids and heard a pop....more pain.

Never really followed up....my doctor retired and I was in limbo for awhile without one. So I just suffered through it.

Now that I read stuff like this, I think maybe it's time to find out what's going on. (Pain has radiated from my knee...both up to my thigh and down to my shin).

I like Carey and am happy to hear it wasn't other stuff that forced the decision.

Get it checked out!

Hopefully they can do something to get it feeling better.  No point living through pain and sacrificing sleep if you don’t have to.

• Like 2

Kinda like Bobby Orr.  That's so rough, but hopefully he got out before doing too much harm.

A friend of my mom's is a huge fan of CP.  There's been a couple times when we've been together at some event, and she would show me some selfie or another that she had with CP, and would say... "you know hockey, who's this guy?" 

I'd always troll and say it was Burrows :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Kind of reminiscent of Bobby Orr, IMO....

A Hall of Fame career that could have gone on for at least a few more very productive years, if not for an injury....

Insane to think both he and Weber played that hurt on their cup run 

• Cheers 2

11 hours ago, -dlc- said:

Damn, that's rough. 

Weird timing to read this....I had a sleepless night last night due to deep pain in my leg. Many years ago I stepped in a foot size hole in pavement and went down, hard. Twisted my knee. Awhile later I was playing basketball with my kids and heard a pop....more pain.

Never really followed up....my doctor retired and I was in limbo for awhile without one. So I just suffered through it.

Now that I read stuff like this, I think maybe it's time to find out what's going on. (Pain has radiated from my knee...both up to my thigh and down to my shin).

I like Carey and am happy to hear it wasn't other stuff that forced the decision.

Now you are cartligeless.What will Miller say?

Had a good career though shorten by injury.

Won Canada a Olympic gold, got to SCF.  Represented native Canadian well. Solid citizen.  

Born in Vancouver too. 

winningest goaltender in Canadiens history with 361 wins.

HOF? 

• Vintage 1

19 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Won Canada a Olympic gold, got to SCF.  Represented native Canadian well. Solid citizen.  

Born in Vancouver too. 

HOF? 

For sure HHOF.  He won the Hart trophy and the Vezina.  Luongo never accomplished any of those and got in...

14 hours ago, Jaimito said:

Born in Vancouver too. 

HOF? 

One thing that makes his career truly amazing is that the family moved to Anahim Lake when he was three years old. His dad (a former pro goalie as well, although he never made the NHL) taught him to play on frozen lakes/creeks.

To play organized hockey, they had to make a 5 hour drive to Williams Lake. It got to be so time consuming, his dad eventually bought a small plane to fly him to games and practices.

Truly an incredible success story....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...