Now at peace, Boeser re-emerges as a force for Canucks

I was a long time critic of Boeser. I definitely didn’t picture him still being in a Canucks uni in 2023, but man has he put in the work. He looks like rookie Brock but more refined in his game. I’m rooting for the guy and hope he can stay healthy and put up 40+ goals. !! Brockstar redemption year !! celebrate ice hockey GIF by NHL

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

Not just scoring.  He's making nice passes, screening goalies, and winning board battles.  Really well rounded player that has good chemistry with JT.  His conditioning is better.  Still not a fast skater, but he doesn't look labored and often wins puck battles.  

Knock on wood he stays healthy.  I think he'll have his best season this yr. 

Edited by Jaimito

2 hours ago, Jim McMahon said:

I was a long time critic of Boeser. I definitely didn’t picture him still being in a Canucks uni in 2023, but man has he put in the work. He looks like rookie Brock but more refined in his game. I’m rooting for the guy and hope he can stay healthy and put up 40+ goals. !! Brockstar redemption year !! celebrate ice hockey GIF by NHL

Says a lot about you that you're willing to admit that. Nonetheless, I'm happy that fans of all stripes are rooting for this guy.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, -dlc- said:

I don't think some people understand the magnitude of trying to do a job, especially one in the public eye, as you quietly deal with grief behind the scenes. Try to suck it up and carry on but it definitely can be consuming and overwhelming.

We had 4 players who suddenly (and some over time) lost their fathers between  2019 and 2022. Young men in their 20's having to process this.

The team had its struggles but they are all human beings and experience emotions like loss and grief just like the rest of us.

I don't believe that time "heals" all wounds but the blow softens over time and tears are replaced by smiles and warm memories. 

Brock is learning to enjoy life and the things he loves again. And he deserves that (and our support). I'm super happy that he's quietening the naysayers who slammed him at every opportunity. Sure, he wasn't performing at peak level as expected....but patience paid off. Stand behind our team, especially when they're down and out.

Each person processes grief in their own way. No one can know what that person is going through even if they have experienced a similar loss. IMO Brock handled it like the true champ that he is with humbleness and determination. 
On a personal note, it took me a good 2 years to get close to feeling normal and hopeful for the future after my first wife passed at the age of 35 (I was the same age at the time).

Brock is a keeper and I’m sure glad he is part of this team now.

GBG!

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 2

19 hours ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/now-at-peace-boeser-re-emerges-as-a-force-for-canucks/

TORONTO – The question of Brock Boeser’s play is secondary to the question of his happiness. But the two things are undoubtedly connected as the Vancouver Canucks winger moves past two years of personal anguish and grief and re-emerges as a star in the National Hockey League.

Nice to see the re-emergence of Boeser.  I thought he actually looked good for us during the shortened 20/21 season.  

Here's another thing to keep in mind for Boeser.  As a member of the Canucks, he might have history on his side.  

Boeser, 26, is now around the same age as the twins and Naslund when they skyrocketed to the next level.  Maybe he can do the same.

Edited by Jeremy Hronek
  • Cheers 1