[Report] Canucks waive Studnicka

2 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Knew this was coming, don't think he'll get claimed, too many other teams too close to the cap and would need to waive someone else to claim him. I don't think he represents a significant enough increase in play level for anyone...

Wouldn’t even mind if he got claimed, might be better for him.

Im comfortable with our bottom 6 depth players that it’s not an issue.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Yep.

Hirose needs more development. It was obvious in preseason his strength and conditioning has a ways to go.

10 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

For sure. Hirose is good, but Wolanin is quite a bit better and I'd rather leave Hirose in Abby for bigger minutes, especially in Wolanin's absense.

What's the update on Brisebois

2 hours ago, Miss Korea said:

What's the update on Brisebois

Honestly, I haven't paid close attention, but I've never been overly impressed by his play. He might get a chance, but with Wolanin scoring at an insane rate again in Abby, I'd rather give him a shot. His defense isn't that bad either from what I recall.

EDIT: Forgot he was injured. Still on LTIR from what I can recall.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Wouldn’t even mind if he got claimed, might be better for him.

Im comfortable with our bottom 6 depth players that it’s not an issue.

Always nice to have more depth available in Abbotsford though. We haven't really hit an injury big yet, but it will come...

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Yep.

Hirose needs more development. It was obvious in preseason his strength and conditioning has a ways to go.

I agree. Although I really liked what we saw from Hirose in limited NHL play, his season in the AHL has been less than spectacular. I feel Wolanin has given it his all and has proven he can do more than sit at the AHL level. Recalling him while he's on a tear should also help the coaches and management assess if he is a legit 7th D we can rely on come playoff time, or if we need to continue finding quality depth for the blueline.

6 minutes ago, Reznor said:

I agree. Although I really liked what we saw from Hirose in limited NHL play, his season in the AHL has been less than spectacular. I feel Wolanin has given it his all and has proven he can do more than sit at the AHL level. Recalling him while he's on a tear should also help the coaches and management assess if he is a legit 7th D we can rely on come playoff time, or if we need to continue finding quality depth for the blueline.

Just out of sheer respect for what Wolanin has done the last however many years, he should get the call. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3