CFFGML - 2023-24

5 minutes ago, MatchesMalone said:

Random point of clarification just occurred to me. Would playoff games count toward a 10 game limit? Also, since it isn't stated otherwise I assume those limits are the same for goaltenders? And since we don't count AHL (minor pro), I'm assuming we only count each country's top tier league, so Allsvenskan or Mestis wouldn't count?

Playoff games do not count, regular season games only.

Games required is at least 41 NHL games in 2023-24, or 25 NHL games for goaltenders, or 60 NHL games over the past two NHL seasons (30 for goaltenders) in order to meet exposure criteria.  If you meant the 10 game limit for a season, yes, it is the same for goaltenders.

As for European leagues, while I don't know all of them, I am looking at Czech Extraliga, NLA, SHL, DEL, Liiga as leagues that would count as a professional season.  I will put those league's in the post for reference.  Thanks 🙂

5 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

Playoff games do not count, regular season games only.

Games required is at least 41 NHL games in 2023-24, or 25 NHL games for goaltenders, or 60 NHL games over the past two NHL seasons (30 for goaltenders) in order to meet exposure criteria.  If you meant the 10 game limit for a season, yes, it is the same for goaltenders.

As for European leagues, while I don't know all of them, I am looking at Czech Extraliga, NLA, SHL, DEL, Liiga as leagues that would count as a professional season.  I will put those league's in the post for reference.  Thanks 🙂

So for example, I have Aku Raty. He has played 4 seasons in Liiga (started as an 18 year old). Only 1 NHL game. He would be exposed if I don't protect him?

7 hours ago, Theo5789 said:

So for example, I have Aku Raty. He has played 4 seasons in Liiga (started as an 18 year old). Only 1 NHL game. He would be exposed if I don't protect him?

I would not worry too much...   🫠

• Sad 1

On 5/14/2024 at 12:49 PM, canuck2xtreme said:

I need another vote!!

The Entry draft will begin at 1:00pm, but it's up to you guys if you want to do it on Saturday June 22nd, or Sunday June 23rd!!

Let me know by liking this post! 

To set the draft for Saturday June 22nd, vote with chaos giraffe!! 

To set the draft for Sunday June 23rd, vote with Miller Time!!

Edit: If you are fine with either option, vote with Beers!!

Visibility on this.

On 5/17/2024 at 12:23 PM, canuck2xtreme said:

EXPANSION RULES!!

Teams have the option to protect either:

8 forwards, 3 defence, 1 goalie

7 forwards, 4 defence, 1 goalie

10 skaters (any position), 1 goalie

All players with NMC's will be automatically protected unless the clause is expressly waived for the purposes of the expansion draft.  NTC's or L-NTC's do not apply and players with those clauses can be exposed.

As for exempt players, the exemption status has bumped up from 2 seasons to 3.  So players with 3 or fewer professional seasons would be exempt, as well as unsigned draft picks.  A professional season is 10 games or more, either in the NHL, KHL or in a European professional league (Czech Extraliga, NLA, SHL, DEL, Liiga).  We are not including AHL seasons for this purpose.

Minimum exposure requirements remain the same; all teams must expose at least 2 forwards, 1 defenceman and 1 goaltender who meet the exposure requirement criteria.  As before, qualified RFA players will count.  Pending UFA players will also count, provided they played at least 41 NHL games in 2024-25.

Exposure Requirement Criteria:

- player must have played at least 41 NHL games in 2023-24, or 20 NHL games for goaltenders, or 60 NHL games over the past two NHL seasons (25 for goaltenders).
- at least one exposed player must be under contract for the 2024-25 season.

Every team's protected list must be in by 11:59pm on June 12, 2024.  Teams who have not submitted a protection list by that point will have their entire roster (except for exempt players) exposed and eligible to be selected.  Teams submit their protection lists by posting it in the thread.

Anaheim will have until 8:00pm on June 18, 2024 to complete the announcement of their selections.

Anaheim will select 30 players of their choosing, one from each team.  Trades with Anaheim are permitted.

I am working on the expansion draft pages on each teams chart, I will be getting those finished hopefully within the week.

EDIT: I have placed these expansion rules on page 1 in one of the placeholder posts for easy reference.

there we go

It was brought up to me so I thought I should clarify in the thread:

As for exempt players, the exemption status has bumped up from 2 seasons to 3.  So players with 3 or fewer professional seasons would be exempt, as well as unsigned draft picks.

Keep in mind that with some European players, these two things can conflict!  I've run across a few players who are at the moment, still unsigned draft picks, but they also have 4 or more seasons in a European professional league.  In this situation, those players are exempt as long as they remain unsigned draft picks at the time of the Expansion Draft.  If you have a player in this situation and they are signed prior to the expansion draft, they will be eligible to be selected unless they are protected!

• Like 1

@Mike Vanderhoek @canuck2xtreme

From posts on Discord I think @Theo5789 and Vancouver won 2knd round series? I suspect this is correct.  If so congrats!!!

Last I looked, conglomerate including round 1 I was 1st overall a day or three ago. I did not record the toals after round 1 though. Is there an official total from after round 1 & therefore round 2 winners?

10 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

@Mike Vanderhoek @canuck2xtreme

From posts on Discord I think @Theo5789 and Vancouver won 2knd round series? I suspect this is correct.  If so congrats!!!

Last I looked, conglomerate including round 1 I was 1st overall a day or three ago. I did not record the toals after round 1 though. Is there an official total from after round 1 & therefore round 2 winners?

Looks like the following to me

WSH 195 - PIT 329

BUF 196 - TOR 310

VAN 299 - EDM 291

WPG 119 - COL 257

So with that said, a hell of a series @Canuck Surfer

Arnold Schwarzenegger Handshake GIF

You had at least a 40 point lead in me at one point, but a Krieder hat trick and Miller GWG helped me surge back up and win in a close 7 game series. We end up defeating the hottest playoff team through two rounds (most combined rounds point total). No small feat, so very proud of the boys.

Unlike IRL, COL and VAN will now face in GML. Good luck to you in our series @aGENT

Playoff round 3 roster

Artemi Panarin - Derek Ryan - Chris Kreider

Craig Smith

Mattias Ekholm - Jani Hakanpaa

Gavin Bayruether

Jake Oettinger

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Congratulation @ActionJax09 for putting together a great team that beat us to go to the Conference Finals.

The Washington Capitals would like to thank all the executives, managers and agents for continuing to put in the work that makes this league so great.

We'll take some time to assess our strategic direction moving forward, as we prepare for expansion, entry draft and free agency.

Thanks again to everyone and best of luck to the teams still competing for the cup.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

EXTENSION: The Minnesota Wild have signed forward Matthew Boldy to an eight year contract extension.

MIN.png.a5a4c60bbf9291a220a4a3c0208e9608.png Matthew Boldy: $ 64.0 million dollar contract ( $ 8,000,000.00 per season )

* Deal includes a limited No-Trade-Clause for years 5 through 8 of the contract ( can only be traded to a Playoff team ).

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

TRADE: The Dallas Stars have made a trade with the Philadelphia Flyers.

To DAL:

spacer.png Travis Sanheim

spacer.png Semyon Varlamov
spacer.png COL 2024 1st Round Draft Selection 

To PHI:

small.png Dimitri Simachev

small.png TJ Oshie

small.png Karel Vejmelka
small.png TB 2024 1st Round Draft Selection

The Dallas Stars would like to welcome Travis Sanheim and Semyon Varlamov to our parent club, and would like to thank Kavel Vejmelka and TJ Oshie for their out standing service while playing in Dallas. We would like to wish both long and healthy careers in Philadelphia.

The Stars would like to thank Mike Vanderhoek and canuck2xtreme, for their professional, friendly and quick responses.

Dallas manager JIAHN, says, "this will go along way to stabilizing our team and budget, long term. Dallas would like to welcome @Snapshot85 to the league and thank him for his fair, and open negotiations. We wish him luck and good fortune, but not too much luck! JIAHN, states "You have to make your own luck in this league!", as most teams will steal the hockey tape, right out of your trainers pocket!

• Like 1