CFFGML - 2023-24

On 5/4/2024 at 8:24 PM, Squeak said:

Well, congrats to @aGENT

It was inevitable but the players that I DID have put up a good fight

Onwards to 24/25 and moving to Salt Lake City!

Found your pump song...used to play it on my college radio show in teh before time at UVIC's CFUV Radio. hahaha

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/5/2024 at 8:41 AM, canuck2xtreme said:

This is a good suggestion, as it seems there is still debate about this, so let's see what the league thinks.

IMPORTANT!!!

The option to expand and bring one team back (Anaheim) is being discussed.  Please read this post and vote by interacting with this post.

Our expansion rules would be as follows:

***EDIT: I should note, as far as minimum exposure requirements go, pending UFAs WILL count towards the exposure limit provided they have played at least 41 games in the 2023-24 season, or 25 games for goaltenders.  RFAs who have been qualified will also count, as they did before.***

If you are in favour of expanding and bringing back Anaheim, please like this post with a goal light.

If you are opposed to expanding at this time, please like this post with a brick wall.

Voting will end when one side reaches majority (16 votes) or tomorrow evening, May 6th at 7pm Pacific time, so that Phase 1 of the draft lottery can be posted before the NHL draft lottery on May 7th.

Thank you for your input!

I am not a fan of expanding at this time. We have to improve our day to day interactions, activity, and communication within the group we do have because over the past 2-3 years that element of this league and frankly the simple respect for each other and the game in that regard has dropped. There are really knowledgeable and active users in the fantasy forums and by adding one, two, or more could strengthen our league and raise the bar not to mention fill any holes by any members leaving at season's end. As another season winds down I ask myself what can be done to incentivize engagement within the group.

My thoughts are moot however as I see the deadline to vote has passed anyways. Apologies to the group I have been involved in my daughter's dance competitions the past few weeks and it has been a hectic schedule all over the lower mainland.

Edited by Mike Vanderhoek
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 3

@da.moose congratulations to you and your Capitals!

I scout the Playoff bound rosters heavily and from the conclusion of the Trade Deadline I knew you would be the favorite this year, said as much before our series started. Happy to see you succeed this year and hope to see you go all the way. Always build deep and dangerous teams and love the depth in Washington. Enjoy the ride!

Rhyming Leonardo Dicaprio GIF

• Like 3
  • MillerTime 1

Just incase I have to re post…

Pittsburgh Playoff roster

Hintz       Lindholm     Rodrigues

Drouin     Drury.         Duchene 

Dadonov Geekie.      Samoskevich

Bouchard Montour

Lohrei   Hronek

Shattenkirk

Kochetkov

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Avalanche Poised to Roll Over Jets in Second Round Clash

The Colorado Avalanche are looking every bit the part of a Stanley Cup contender as they roll into the second round of the playoffs. After dispatching the Arizona Coyotes in a clean four-game sweep, the Avs set their sights on the Winnipeg Jets, a team with a history of playoff heartbreak. On paper, this series seems like a mismatch, with the Avalanche boasting a firepower that could melt the Manitoba ice.

The Avalanche offense has been a force to be reckoned with all season long, and that hasn't changed in the playoffs. Valeri Nichushkin, who missed time this season due to some personal off-ice issues, has seamlessly fit back into the top six, putting up points alongside superstars like Mike Zibanejad and Jason Robertson.

"We've got a group in here that can score from all over the lineup," said Avalanche forward Jake Guentzel. "We're not a one-line team, and that makes us tough to match up against. We just need to keep playing our game, and the goals will come."

The Jets, meanwhile, are heavy underdogs. Losing starting goaltender Thatcher Demko to a lower-body injury was a massive blow to their chances. Without Demko between the pipes, it's hard to imagine where the Jets will find a matchup edge that they can exploit.

Offensively, the Jets will need a superhuman effort from Elias Pettersson, who has been uncharacteristically quiet throughout the playoffs.

"We all know what Petey is capable of," said Jets defenseman Hampus Lindholm. "If he can elevate his game and become the best player on the ice every night, we'll give ourselves a chance. But we know it's going to be a huge uphill battle."

The Jets have a strong roster with plenty talent, but this Avalanche team seems like a different beast altogether. While Winnipeg will undoubtedly fight hard, the Avalanche's offensive juggernaut seems almost unstoppable. The key for the Jets will be finding a way to limit the damage and get offensive production from Pettersson. Otherwise, this series could be over before it even gets interesting.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

Sorry guys.....I have had alot of things going on....life is interesting....not always good, but interesting!

Could anyone tell me who is still in and the matchups

Thanks!

On 5/7/2024 at 4:25 PM, Ilunga said:

I feel the need to reply to this post and address a couple of other posts in regards to respect for agents.

I have only the utmost respect and regard for everybody in this league. I wouldn't be a member if I did not.

My interactions with the Agents are always cordial and respectful, and as I have stated, I appreciate all the work that the various members have put in over the years to make this league a reality. 

My fellow GM @MatchesMalone and I have a plan, the basis of which is building through the draft. 

We will bring success to Detroit, which is one of the storied ( original six ) franchises in the league. 

You never have any need to apologise Mike.

Both Curt and you are the heart and soul of this league. 

This is a game.

Game's are meant to be fun.

Personally I am going through the worst time of my life, and each day the pain in my heart deepens. 

Thoughts are with you Dave, wishing only the best for you daily! 

• Huggy Bear 2
  • Cheers 1

On 4/30/2024 at 9:24 AM, ThatMike said:
SIGNING: The St Louis Blues have signed the following players to their three year entry-level contracts

image.thumb.png.b45fd7a8faf3dd61e037228f5b664e47.png

Kirill Kudryavtsev - 3 Years - $2.505m (AAV $835k)

image.thumb.png.b45fd7a8faf3dd61e037228f5b664e47.png

Hunter Brzustewicz - 3 Years - $2.7m (AAV $900k)

Bump

• Cheers 1

Penguins Take 2-1 Series Lead Over Capitals 

The Pittsburgh Penguins have taken a commanding 2-1 series lead over the Washington Capitals, thanks in large part to well-rounded contributions from their top players and a surprising rookie defenseman.

"It's a big win for us," Penguins Evan Bouchard said after the victory. "We know these games are tight, and getting production from all over the lineup is key."

Leading the charge for Pittsburgh has been a trio of familiar faces: Brandon Montour, Elias Lindholm, and Roope Hintz. Each player has chipped in offensively, with Hintz racking up a goal and three assists in game three.

"We're just trying to play our game," said Hintz. "We know if we can create chances, we have the talent to put the puck in the net."

But the story of this series hasn't been limited to the Penguins' established stars. Rookie defenseman Mason Lohrei has stepped up in a big way, providing a physical presence and a calming influence on the blue line.

"It's definitely a big adjustment," Lohrei admitted. "But the guys have been really supportive, and I'm just trying to contribute any way I can."

The Capitals, on the other hand, have seen a different kind of contribution. While their top line featuring Carter Verhaeghe and Evgeny Kuznetsov has been held scoreless, unexpected heroes have emerged. Gritty defenseman Nikita Zadorov has surprised everyone with his offensive prowess, leading the way with two points already in the series.

"We need everyone to step up in the playoffs," Zadorov said. "It doesn't matter who gets the goals, as long as we find a way to win."

Depth players like Miles Wood and Brandon Duhaime have also chipped in with key goals, while veteran free agent signing Andrew Cogliano has provided leadership and a steady hand on the penalty kill.

"Cogs has been a huge piece for us," Capitals coach Scott Stevens said. "His experience is invaluable, and he's playing some of the best hockey of his career."

However, for the Capitals to stay alive, their stars will need to start producing. Verhaeghe who led the way with five goals in the first round, acknowledged this after the loss.

"We know we haven't been at our best," Verhaeghe said. "But we're confident we can turn things around. We have a group of guys in here who believe in each other."

While the Capitals have shown resilience, the Penguins' balanced attack and strong defensive play make them the favorites moving forward. If Washington wants to extend their season, they'll need their top players to rediscover their scoring touch and limit the contributions from Pittsburgh's role players. Otherwise, it may be the Penguins celebrating a trip to the conference finals.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Hi Guys.......Looking to trade Barzal and Provorov, both solid point getters....actually looking for a bigger deal ( a 3 way...if its your wife! LOL) No seriously......all my picks are in play this year too!

15 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

HIRING: The Anaheim Ducks have hired @Rush as their General Manager.

If you say we have to expose ourselves to him, i am calling H.R.!

🤪

side note; @ThatMike any chance the elc offers will be looked at before the expansion draft? asking for a friend...; )

• Like 1

On 5/7/2024 at 4:25 PM, Ilunga said:

Dude, 

I had the opportunity to try a Kangaroo and Bacon savoury pie the other night, and it was SOOOOOOo goood!

Is this a quirky Canadian hipster meat pie shop, or is Kangaroo on the menu down there often?

• Huggy Bear 1

21 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

Dude, 

I had the opportunity to try a Kangaroo and Bacon savoury pie the other night, and it was SOOOOOOo goood!

Is this a quirky Canadian hipster meat pie shop, or is Kangaroo on the menu down there often?

Kangaroo meat is readily available. 

Like a lot of meat that is " gamey ", it is not as popular as beef, pork or chicken. 

I basically don't eat meat.

A few lips and assholes ( sausages ) every now and again.

• chaos 1

24 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

Kangaroo meat is readily available. 

Like a lot of meat that is " gamey ", it is not as popular as beef, pork or chicken. 

I basically don't eat meat.

A few lips and assholes ( sausages ) every now and again.

Yeah, it was a smaller pie, but I didn't get a gamey aftertaste at all on account of the sauce and maybe even the bacon. They were small, so I also had a Bison and Spicy Peanut savoury pie that was like eating at a Thai place... they were both great, but that was my first time with Kangaroo. I enjoyed it. FWIW, I was vegan for just shy of two years at one point in the college days, but it didn't stick. 

• Huggy Bear 1