Bring Back Vintage Canuck Thread

cuporbust

31 minutes ago, Joe King said:

Maybe he's on the Canucks pay roll. If so the employer may not want V.C. to shift over here full time because that would put this forum on a new higher level. I think the folks here are doing an excellent job.

I think we've pretty much decided he's Chris Faber and yes, that would mean he's now on the Canucks payroll.

On 11/26/2023 at 10:18 AM, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

I think we've pretty much decided he's Chris Faber and yes, that would mean he's now on the Canucks payroll.

He is not Chris Faber. Some of us know the answer, but choose not to say. I have a feeling we will see him on trade deadline day and perhaps closer to the playoffs.

1 hour ago, gizmo2337 said:

He is not Chris Faber. Some of us know the answer, but choose not to say. I have a feeling we will see him on trade deadline day and perhaps closer to the playoffs.

Trolling this topic, or true? If they said who the person was, they would get praised imo for all the work they did on said fan forum!

At the end of the day, Vintage was a paid employee my the Canucks from what I understand (I ain't S M R T) 

So, expecting Vintage to come here and do everything for free...NOT going to happen in today's insane economy, would you work for free full time...NOPE!

34 minutes ago, Viking said:

Trolling this topic, or true? If they said who the person was, they would get praised imo for all the work they did on said fan forum!

At the end of the day, Vintage was a paid employee my the Canucks from what I understand (I ain't S M R T) 

So, expecting Vintage to come here and do everything for free...NOT going to happen in today's insane economy, would you work for free full time...NOPE!

Not only that, it could be a conflict of interest that prevents him from it. They likely want the breaking news on their sites/SM.

• ThereItIs 1

46 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Not only that, it could be a conflict of interest that prevents him from it. They likely want the breaking news on their sites/SM.

Well, breaking news is just that for about 3.5 minutes if it relates to the Canucks as then at the 4 minute mark it becomes old news 🤣

I do miss seeing VC posting interesting Canuck news about 5 minutes before Allvin releases it formally.

Hope he/she are all well and some day see them on this site. For now, excellent forum this be and who knows, maybe one day when I buy the Canucks VC can come out of the closet. 

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Silent Man said:

He lives now on a remote island in Pacific

2 hours ago, Viking said:

I doubt he could share any proprietary information regarding the Canucks ( if he’s an employee) even if he wanted to, free or not. 
Employers have extensive control over their staff’s presence and activity on the internet. Posting inside information anywhere online without authorization is easily a dismissible action. 

The Vancouver Canucks are not about to contribute to the very group of people they initially tried to vanquish. Hence VC is virtually silent here, only making the odd appearance without posting the usual information we all appreciated . 

Edited by Barnstorm
Mistakenly quoted SM
  • Vintage 1

I'm quite sure that VC was on staff, but was part of the tragic mass layoffs during the covid-19 hockey shutdown. It's unclear if he ever returned in part capacity later, but I doubt he fully resumed the previous role. With the closing of the forum and moving on to other things, he just isn't around as much.

I'm sure he will be back for the playoffs though. He's got to be in the list of top Canuck fans of all time. Put him in the ring of honor - he's got my vote. 😀

Deb has a point. I'm not sure about conflict of interest. There might be a time clause of 1 year or something now that the forum is shut down. Honestly, I think he's just busy with other things. The most likely reason he was fast on reporting is because he is well connected to all the reporters, staff and insiders. I doubt that has changed.

24 minutes ago, gizmo2337 said:

Deb has a point. I'm not sure about conflict of interest. There might be a time clause of 1 year or something now that the forum is shut down.

The forum has not shut down . Both CDC s and CFF are active although CDC has far less traffic than in its hay day. 

I think the answer is in his posts right around when the Canucks announced they were ending CDC.  That is where you can see the true VC reacting.

For me he was just an amazingly committed fan who lived and breathed the experience. When the Canucks pulled the rug out from under he took it personally and needed to take a break to assess WTF.

Anyway, my take. Good guy.

On 11/27/2023 at 5:07 PM, Barnstorm said:

The forum has not shut down . Both CDC s and CFF are active although CDC has far less traffic than in its hay day. 

On 11/29/2023 at 1:25 AM, cuporbust said:

Ya, that's what I thought to. Wtf? Are they not shutting it down now ?

seriously....wtf? 

What was the f'n point then?  Did someone get the wrong orders? Did they have second thoughts? Then why keep the same message there on top about it shutting down?   Do it already!  (or reopen it with apologies and free Canucks tickets to all former members)

• Like 1