Time for a Co-Head Coach situation

1 hour ago, CanuckFanForever said:

So the Canucks had a goalie Captain are they now ready to have CO-head Coaches.

Disagree with me all you want if you wish but IMO Tocchet is inexperienced and has yet to prove anything as a coach. To me he is another TG or WD except he has way better players to coach.

But I'm fine with keeping him because there might be a solution. Co-head Coaches. The second coach has to have experience with winning and most importantly have had playoff success and would need to want or have to coach in a Co-Head Coach situation. Mike Babcook. Who knows more about coaching hockey and winning in the NHL then Bobcock. He is old school and rubs players the wrong way ok I get it. But he won't be the Head coach he would be Co-Head coach and will have to coach players side by side with Tocchet AKA no 1 0n 1 meetings. Why Tocchet does it. Well I could see a respect thing. Tocchet played old school and was coached old school. Plus it is Mike Babcock. No one can deny Mike Bobcock has coached some very talented players. But I can't over look the fact and people will comment on it he hasn't had recent success. I agree he hasn't but those teams AKA Tor also had bad defensive and goaltender personnel. 

Screenshot 2023-12-01 at 2.55.26 PM.png

4 hours ago, CanuckFanForever said:

So the Canucks had a goalie Captain are they now ready to have CO-head Coaches.

Disagree with me all you want if you wish but IMO Tocchet is inexperienced and has yet to prove anything as a coach. To me he is another TG or WD except he has way better players to coach.

But I'm fine with keeping him because there might be a solution. Co-head Coaches. The second coach has to have experience with winning and most importantly have had playoff success and would need to want or have to coach in a Co-Head Coach situation. Mike Babcook. Who knows more about coaching hockey and winning in the NHL then Bobcock. He is old school and rubs players the wrong way ok I get it. But he won't be the Head coach he would be Co-Head coach and will have to coach players side by side with Tocchet AKA no 1 0n 1 meetings. Why Tocchet does it. Well I could see a respect thing. Tocchet played old school and was coached old school. Plus it is Mike Babcock. No one can deny Mike Bobcock has coached some very talented players. But I can't over look the fact and people will comment on it he hasn't had recent success. I agree he hasn't but those teams AKA Tor also had bad defensive and goaltender personnel. 

Ok, so you want a psycho mess with the players brains when we try going for a cup? 

You haven’t learnt much by the Benning old school-mistake… You have to have a modern approach to get every player onboard. 

3 hours ago, CanuckFanForever said:

At least I'm looking for solutions Because nobody wants to fire Tocchet this Fan base is in love with him. You guys are buying what this team is saying about Tocchet.

You only post after losses. Literally go away. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

I won't say there is anything special about Tocchet, he does get credit for something I believe any coach could do. All this "structure", "staples" and "right way" is suddenly the mantra of the team favoured media.. 

I do think he has a superior line up to work with

But

I am concerned that possibly he is too restrictive in his ideal player model he wants the player to play. But some of that might be management driven to enhance an asset value.

When there are just a few players playing up to five to 10 minutes more per game shows the team's weak spots or his perception of weak spots. 

I am guessing he has personal preferences possibly.

I think that that horrible OEL buyout was related to him and blaming Kuzmenko for an entire lines failure.

So far what I have seen is a team playing at a playoff intensity at the end of the last two season and the beginning of this season and now is catching up to them.

Tocchet has "dumbed" the game down and is limiting puck possession with the dump and chase model too much for the types of forwards on the team. Pettersson might be trying to be Forsberg 2.0 or just trying to follow a restrictive system. The last few games where they open it up in the third kind of shows a departure from a dump and chase to possession and cycle game with certain forwards getting a majority of ice time, he seems to go to a 3 line game.

At least his pressers are not unrealistically glowing even in wins.

While I don't think he is god's gift to coaching there has to be some stability since the Gillis regime.

And I do agree/like his ideal of what kind of players, namely large, fast and tough are needed combined with his constant reference to "playoffs". Their playoff intensity at the start of the year will give them a runway to ease up a bit and for management to shape this train wreck into their team.

Two more trades IMO, Boeser and Garland. Both were granted out last year and were okay with that. IMO once the player decides he is okay wit h moving or asking then it should be just a matter of time until he moves on regardless of remorse. Fans are fickle and sometimes too much thinking with the little head or heart. Management has to be more detached to build a winner. 

• Confused 1