[Proposal] This is what we do as Canucks fans

We trade away guys when they slump, so here we go... time to trade away EP40 lol

To VAN

Kent Johnson

Jack Roslovic

Andrew Peeke

1st Round pick

To CLB

Elias Pettersson 

Vasili Podkolzin 

Mikheyev-Miller-Boeser (match up line)

Kuzmenko-Johnson-Roslovic

Joshua-Suter-Garland

Hoglander-Blueger-Lafferty/Aman

Hughes-Hronek

Zadorov-Cole

Soucy-Peeke/Myers

Not interested in that, no offense.

I would want Werenski as part of the deal (regardless of recent injuries) Or Jiricek.

EP could become a bonfide top 5 player in the league within the next two years. So…if you’re any other club would you trade a premier talent like him for that return? Can’t see EDM or TO even considering it.  I don’t see how it also doesn’t immediately halt some of our success. And include Podz too? No for me.

CBJ makes a great partner in appearances and would love to pry Johnson out somehow, but not at significant immediate cost.

Are you a proponent of moving EP or is this just a random type proposal? 

3 hours ago, Miss Korea said:

Johnson Roslovic Peeke and a 1st.  For a guy who is arguably a top 5 forward in the NHL.

2 hours ago, RWJC said:

Not interested in that, no offense.

I would want Werenski as part of the deal (regardless of recent injuries) Or Jiricek.

EP could become a bonfide top 5 player in the league within the next two years. So…if you’re any other club would you trade a premier talent like him for that return? Can’t see EDM or TO even considering it.  I don’t see how it also doesn’t immediately halt some of our success. And include Podz too? No for me.

CBJ makes a great partner in appearances and would love to pry Johnson out somehow, but not at significant immediate cost.

Are you a proponent of moving EP or is this just a random type proposal? 

Petey's inconsistencies have me worried about investing everything into him.  Honestly, this is his 6th season in the league, and I could be wrong but it sure feels like he slumps for extended periods of the season every year.  Hard to call him a top 5 player when he can't be consistent. 

Can you honestly say he's worth more than Pastrnak and his 11.25m aav?

32 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Petey's inconsistencies have me worried about investing everything into him.  Honestly, this is his 6th season in the league, and I could be wrong but it sure feels like he slumps for extended periods of the season every year.  Hard to call him a top 5 player when he can't be consistent. 

Can you honestly say he's worth more than Pastrnak and his 11.25m aav?

I can't really say whether Petey is worth more than Pasta at 11.25M.  But I can say with certainty that Pasta's trade value is a lot more than the package you're offering here.

10 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

I can't really say whether Petey is worth more than Pasta at 11.25M.  But I can say with certainty that Pasta's trade value is a lot more than the package you're offering here.

Your opinion.  Not fact.  In my opinion, a blue chip top tier prospect, top 6 forward, RHD depth, and a mid round 1st round pick is a helluva lot of value.  

Prospects, especially ones drafted in the top 5 have a TON of value.

7 hours ago, HKSR said:

We trade away guys when they slump, so here we go... time to trade away EP40 lol

To VAN

Kent Johnson

Jack Roslovic

Andrew Peeke

1st Round pick

To CLB

Elias Pettersson 

Vasili Podkolzin 

Mikheyev-Miller-Boeser (match up line)

Kuzmenko-Johnson-Roslovic

Joshua-Suter-Garland

Hoglander-Blueger-Lafferty/Aman

Hughes-Hronek

Zadorov-Cole

Soucy-Peeke/Myers

If we're trading Pettersson to Columbus, Fantilli is coming back the other way.   

Otherwise, no deal.  

Sillinger, Jiricek, and a 1st would also be a minimum requirement in another offer.

p.s.__________Petey is clearly playing injured right now.  Maybe, oh I dunno, watch games from the start of the season and remember how he plays when healthy?   

Edited by Jeremy Hronek
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, HKSR said:

Your opinion.  Not fact.  In my opinion, a blue chip top tier prospect, top 6 forward, RHD depth, and a mid round 1st round pick is a helluva lot of value.  

Prospects, especially ones drafted in the top 5 have a TON of value.

When did Jack Roslovic become a top 6 forward?  Kent Johnson is currently in the minors because he can’t play defence.  Andrew Peeke is currently in the press box and has been a healthy scratch for over a month.

And you want to trade these guys for a player who is on pace for 105 points and is one of the best two way centres in the NHL?  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

If we're trading Pettersson to Columbus, Fantilli is coming back the other way.   

Otherwise, no deal.  

Sillinger, Jiricek, and a 1st would also be a minimum requirement in another offer.

p.s.__________Petey is clearly playing injured right now.  Maybe, oh I dunno, watch games from the start of the season and remember how he plays when healthy?   

6 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

When did Jack Roslovic become a top 6 forward?  Kent Johnson is currently in the minors because he can’t play defence.  Andrew Peeke is currently in the press box and has been a healthy scratch for over a month.

And you want to trade these guys for a player who is on pace for 105 points and is one of the best two way centres in the NHL?  

Let's no sugar coat this guys... if he's injured, let him rest.  

Do you realize he has played 25 games so far this season and in the last 12 games (nearly half of his season so far) he has 8 points.  A 54 point pace.  He does this every single season. 

On the other hand, I know he will get going again because he always does that as well, but he is really not worth as much as you guys think he is.  

Kent Johnson JUST turned 21 years old and his having a sophomore slump after a fantastic rookie season.  He's a 5th OA pick for a reason.  Likely a PPG or better forward in the near future.  Tremendously valuable.

CLB's 1st round pick is in the top 10 right now.  Another extremely valuable asset.

Roslovic is a top 6 forward in terms of production.  His worst season the last 3 years is 45 points.  I never said top line.  I said top 6, and that's a completely fair assessment of a 0.5 PPG player.

Peeke is still a solid bottom pairing RHD and with some solid coaching playing on a better team, could probably be a 2nd pairing guy.  He's not as useless as people make him out to be.  I bet Foote and Gonchar could turn him into a very valuable support piece here.