Conor Garland

Nils Hoglander

Aidan McDonough

Kuzmenko       Pettersson    Mikheyev

Buchnevich     Miller             Boeser

Joshua            Suter             Lafferty

Di Giuseppe   Blueger          Karlsson

Aman

What better way to complete the top 6 forwards than to add another Pavel to the team.  This is a dream really.  Buchnevich is a big body who can score goals, plays a 200' game and even kills penalties.  He's a massive upgrade on Phil Di Giuseppe.

St. Louis gets two wingers for the price of one.  Hoglander is coming into his own so he can probably crack the top 6 in St. Louis if Buchnevich leaves.  Garland gives them some jump on the 3rd line.  Cap works and salaries  match...

We add another Russian to the team (not a Milstein client unfortunately), who can mix with the others and possibly sign an extension as well.  

Pavel is the final piece to the puzzle to make us the Stanley Cup favourites.  Winning the cup with a Pavel on the team is our destiny I think...

• Like 1

Good target for our top 6.  Not sure if that package entices the Blues though.  Garland is meh in terms of value.  Hoglander is decent value.  McDonough is also kinda meh for value and doesn't move the needle at all.  Other teams could easily beat that package.

Buchnevich is pretty much a PPG top 6 forward, probably top line forward.  I think a 1st round pick would have to be involved, and I'd be ok with it if it meant acquiring a true top 6 with size. 

I think the package would need to be:

Garland

Hoglander

1st

And that's assuming that STL is looking to sell and rebuild.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Good target for our top 6.  Not sure if that package entices the Blues though.  Garland is meh in terms of value.  Hoglander is decent value.  McDonough is also kinda meh for value and doesn't move the needle at all.  Other teams could easily beat that package.

Buchnevich is pretty much a PPG top 6 forward, probably top line forward.  I think a 1st round pick would have to be involved, and I'd be ok with it if it meant acquiring a true top 6 with size. 

Garland

Hoglander

1st

You may be right.  I was going to include the 2024 1st, but considering Allvin is the second coming of Sam Pollock, I figured he'd be able to fleece the Blues without giving up the 1st round pick.

I'd probably do the 2025 1st, so we can keep our pick this year, as we don't have a 2nd round pick.  I'd do the deal by adding the 2025 1st...

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

You may be right.  I was going to include the 2024 1st, but considering Allvin is the second coming of Sam Pollock, I figured he'd be able to fleece the Blues without giving up the 1st round pick.

I'd probably do the 2025 1st, so we can keep our pick this year, as we don't have a 2nd round pick.  I'd do the deal by adding the 2025 1st...

Either way, adding Buchnevich would be incredible.

Haven't dug into it, but I wonder what a Garland, Hoglander, 1st package could potentially fetch around the league...

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Garland

Hoglander

1st

Yeah, Blues seem set on competing going forward while adding to their prospect pool, as demonstrated by their selling last season. Could be that they explore moving pieces if they slide, but if they're in the playoff mix closer to February I'd be surprised if they made a move like this, it makes their current roster weaker imo and I think that if they have to choose packing it in vs competing that they'll try to compete for a spot.

Blues probably won't be rebuilding any time soon, their contract structure has them tethered to most of their current players. Particularly on D.

They got a 1st+ for a retained ROR and a 1st+ for a retained Tarasenko, you'd think they'd be looking for something similar for Buchnevich.

3 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Either way, adding Buchnevich would be incredible.

Haven't dug into it, but I wonder what a Garland, Hoglander, 1st package could potentially fetch around the league...

It's hard to move Garland because of his cap.  We'd have to take back $5 million, which is why the Buchnevich trade works for both teams.  Lawson Crouse would be my first choice and I'd do that package for him.  However, I don't think Arizona would trade Crouse right now.  Adrian Kempe is another guy I like, but no way LA trades him.  Mason Marchment is another guy I like, but I don't see Dallas wanting Garland.  I also like Trent Frederic, but I wouldn't trade our 1st for him.  And Boston wouldn't want Garland either.  Boston might look at Boeser as a goal scorer for their second line.  That could be a deal in the summer when we need to decide if we are keeping Boeser and extending him or trading him...

14 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

It's hard to move Garland because of his cap.  We'd have to take back $5 million, which is why the Buchnevich trade works for both teams.  Lawson Crouse would be my first choice and I'd do that package for him.  However, I don't think Arizona would trade Crouse right now.  Adrian Kempe is another guy I like, but no way LA trades him.  Mason Marchment is another guy I like, but I don't see Dallas wanting Garland.  I also like Trent Frederic, but I wouldn't trade our 1st for him.  And Boston wouldn't want Garland either.  Boston might look at Boeser as a goal scorer for their second line.  That could be a deal in the summer when we need to decide if we are keeping Boeser and extending him or trading him...

Y'know when you look around the league, it's very difficult to find trade options.  It's a testament to the job Allvin is doing.  I just looked at top 6 wingers around the league and the pickings are slim.  They're either on teams that are contending or close to it (in which case they wouldn't sell), or they're older players.  I'd say Konecny is a good option, albeit a smaller winger. 

Man, so refreshing that we're not desperate for defencemen. 

3 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

To Vancouver:

Pavel Buchnevich

To St. Louis:

Conor Garland

Nils Hoglander

Aidan McDonough

Kuzmenko       Pettersson    Mikheyev

Buchnevich     Miller             Boeser

Joshua            Suter             Lafferty

Di Giuseppe   Blueger          Karlsson

Aman

What better way to complete the top 6 forwards than to add another Pavel to the team.  This is a dream really.  Buchnevich is a big body who can score goals, plays a 200' game and even kills penalties.  He's a massive upgrade on Phil Di Giuseppe.

St. Louis gets two wingers for the price of one.  Hoglander is coming into his own so he can probably crack the top 6 in St. Louis if Buchnevich leaves.  Garland gives them some jump on the 3rd line.  Cap works and salaries  match...

We add another Russian to the team (not a Milstein client unfortunately), who can mix with the others and possibly sign an extension as well.  

Pavel is the final piece to the puzzle to make us the Stanley Cup favourites.  Winning the cup with a Pavel on the team is our destiny I think...

IMO, our top 6 right now is pretty good and solid.

We still have work to do on defense, adding Zadorov is awesome, but we still have question marks overall. Who replaces Myers next season etc. We have guys in the pipeline, but they aren't proven to be ready to go yet.

Our bottom 6 is where I really see work to do, this is where an organization really needs depth due to the type of game the bottom 6 guys are expected to play. I think we need some more abrasiveness throughout the lineup, but especially within the bottom 6 forwards.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Miss Korea said:

image.png.81e2642db420d82d1de5aa1b7380af7c.png

I have him on my fantasy team.  I'd be over the moon if this happened.  He's got some durability issues, though.

Wow, I didn’t know his numbers were that good. I think I’d have no problem throwing in that 2025 1st. 

Buchnevich    Miller   Boeser 

That would probably be the best line in the NHL. 

6 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Wow, I didn’t know his numbers were that good. I think I’d have no problem throwing in that 2025 1st. 

I think if we're somehow getting Buchnevich then he supplants Mikheyev on Pettersson's line. Mikheyev can then play with Miller and Boeser instead which should still improve that line.

A PPG winger who is also a good PKer won't be cheap though and I'm not even sure adding a 1st is enough.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Literally the modern Alex Steen

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1