(Proposal) Acquire Jared McCann

If Seattle became sellers , we should be interested in him. He's on a 5 million dollar ticket for 3 more years after this season. 

He scored 40 goals. He's probably a 20-30 goal guy on an average year. 

He'd cost our first rounder+ i would think. 

They've taken a step back this year but I don't think there is any reason for Seattle to trade away Jared McCann.  Not even one.  He fits into their team like a glove.  If you're Seattle and you're selling, why wouldn't you just trade Yanni Gourde or Jordan Eberle instead?  Why trade the best, youngest forward from that expansion core?

Even if they did sell McCann for some insane reason, it would never be for our first round pick - that would be such a fleece job and Kraken fans would be asking for GM Francis' head.  If we upgrade our roster with McCann we are going to win even more than we already are and that pick will quickly turn into a 27th overall pick.  Do you really think that's all McCann is worth?  Realistically, what Seattle needs to do is make some trades in the summer to address their shortcomings (ie. goaltending) and re-tool for next year.  Trading McCann for picks would be a complete/insane teardown rebuild and that is definitely not the situation that Seattle's in right now.

53 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

They've taken a step back this year but I don't think there is any reason for Seattle to trade away Jared McCann.  Not even one.  He fits into their team like a glove.  If you're Seattle and you're selling, why wouldn't you just trade Yanni Gourde or Jordan Eberle instead?  Why trade the best, youngest forward from that expansion core?

Even if they did sell McCann for some insane reason, it would never be for our first round pick - that would be such a fleece job and Kraken fans would be asking for GM Francis' head.  If we upgrade our roster with McCann we are going to win even more than we already are and that pick will quickly turn into a 27th overall pick.  Do you really think that's all McCann is worth?  Realistically, what Seattle needs to do is make some trades in the summer to address their shortcomings (ie. goaltending) and re-tool for next year.  Trading McCann for picks would be a complete/insane teardown rebuild and that is definitely not the situation that Seattle's in right now.

He's obviously worth more. I wrote 1st+. + meaning more.

He'd cost our first , Kuzmenko and Raty. Every time i make a thread and use a fair value example , ppl fly off the handle and say it's too much. So i wanted to start small.

18 minutes ago, Blue said:

He's obviously worth more. I wrote 1st+. + meaning more.

He'd cost our first , Kuzmenko and Raty. Every time i make a thread and use a fair value example , ppl fly off the handle and say it's too much. So i wanted to start small.

But it's more than just value.  This isn't going to improve Seattle's chances in the short run at all.  The Kraken are a decent team.  They overperformed last year, and this year they're dealing with some injury issues.  If they're going to trade someone, there are more expendable pieces that don't affect the long-term status of the club.  And if they're going to trade, they're going to make the moves that improve the team next year.  They don't need Kuzmenko or prospects/picks.  They need goaltending badly. 

Finally, if they're going to trade, they're going to give up Eberle and Wennberg, who are older and upcoming UFAs.  Would you be interested in either player?

4 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

But it's more than just value.  This isn't going to improve Seattle's chances in the short run at all.  The Kraken are a decent team.  They overperformed last year, and this year they're dealing with some injury issues.  If they're going to trade someone, there are more expendable pieces that don't affect the long-term status of the club.  And if they're going to trade, they're going to make the moves that improve the team next year.  They don't need Kuzmenko or prospects/picks.  They need goaltending badly. 

Finally, if they're going to trade, they're going to give up Eberle and Wennberg, who are older and upcoming UFAs.  Would you be interested in either player?

I can see a world where they are interested in Kuzy. They are having a whole lotta trouble scoring goals and it isn't gonna get better without additions. One of the things they will look for is a top 6 winger on top of a goalie

Eberle expires this year and will be 34. FA market next year features a much older forward market. The ones that are younger like Nylander, Reinhardt, Lindholm, Guentzel will likely get extensions(Perhaps Lindholm/Guentzel on different teams).

Kuzy isn't a huge risk, could pay off big and can be extended. They probably don't trade high-end assets for him though like 1sts or top prospects. 

The only older player that intrigues me is Brandon Tanev who's having an off-year, turns 32 tomorrow and signed for one more year. He brings elements we like and Tocchet would love his play style. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Blue said:

If Seattle became sellers , we should be interested in him. He's on a 5 million dollar ticket for 3 more years after this season. 

He scored 40 goals. He's probably a 20-30 goal guy on an average year. 

He'd cost our first rounder+ i would think. 

Benning's moves coming back to haunt this franchise again. that man seriously is the worst GM in recent history for this franchise. Goodness, I can't believe his name keeps popping up even after he's gone. Crazy.

I wouldn't want to give up our first to Seattle for McCann, though. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Benning's moves coming back to haunt this franchise again. that man seriously is the worst GM in recent history for this franchise. Goodness, I can't believe his name keeps popping up even after he's gone. Crazy.

Well he *did* draft him.  Have to consider the good & the bad (plenty of both with Jim Benning as GM).

7 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Yup. Benning was the worst we ever had. Hard to believe we went from our most successful GM (Gillis) to our worst GM (Benning). Fortunately we have Gillis like great management again. There is zero chance Allvin would trade for McCann. 

8 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

There was many who supported getting rid of him bc he wasn't a boisterous enough personality