Elias Pettersson | #40 | C/LW

-AJ-

2 hours ago, Jester13 said:

He's gotta be up to 190lbs now of pure muscle. Wowza.

I swear every year I think he's gained tons of muscle and it turns out he's still like 178 lol. Just insanely lean muscle. Lidstrom-like in that sense.

12 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

I swear every year I think he's gained tons of muscle and it turns out he's still like 178 lol. Just insanely lean muscle. Lidstrom-like in that sense.

Wasn’t he like 160 when we drafted him?  It takes time to build muscle if you’re not using “special vitamins”.  

7 minutes ago, Baratheon said:

Wasn’t he like 160 when we drafted him?  It takes time to build muscle if you’re not using “special vitamins”.  

Probably, but I think he was about 175 by time he hit the NHL and he's barely any heavier, unless this year is different. That said, I'm okay with him being slim if he plays like he did last year.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Rindiculous said:

I'm quite sad that our thousand page Virtanen and Petey threads have gone by the wayside.  It was always funny watching threads blow up on controversial topics

Petey's was especially hilarious just because so many people HATED the pick. Virtanen and Juolevi's threads are just sad to look back on, and Hughes wasn't as controversial. The initial JT thread though was *chef's kiss* beautiful.

25 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Yeah, 190 might be asking too much, but he's got to be 185. He's put on so much muscle top to bottom. Can't wait to see him this year aye yi yi.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Jester13 said:

Yeah, 190 might be asking too much, but he's got to be 185. He's put on so much muscle top to bottom. Can't wait to see him this year aye yi yi.

He was noticeably stronger and harder to knock off the puck last year, but still with room for improvement. It definitely looks like he's put in work this offseason to continue building his strength and even if he only weighs in at 180lbs I have a feeling he's going to be a force this year.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

120 point plus season???

What do others think??

Optimistic IMO, but it is possible. With his defensive game though, that would probably have him finish 2nd in Hart voting and maybe even rival McDavid, depending on how many points McDavid gets.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Canuck-Oni said:

Tocchets system is more defense first oriented, or has a greater emphasis on defense responsibility.

I wonder if a full season of this playstyle will hinder Petterssons point totals?

I think it's a trade off he would gladly take if it means more team points and a playoff berth however.

It's a trade-off I would be happy with as well. If Petey drops down to 80-90 points but is a Selke finalist I would still be very happy. 

• Upvote 1