[SIGNING] PENGUINS ADD PULJUJARVI

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Hardly worth the all caps.

More of a lower case signing.

I actually disagree. 

Puljujarvi is only 25 years old, has tons of potential. Playing on a team with and learning from Crosby could do wonders. Big body as well. 

1 minute ago, Dom said:

I actually disagree. 

Puljujarvi is only 25 years old, has tons of potential. Playing on a team with and learning from Crosby could do wonders. Big body as well. 

His potential has come and gone.

This is what happens when you draft low hockey IQ players. They can have all the physical gifts in the world but if they’re not gifted between the ears it doesn’t translate. See Jake Virtanen.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

This is what happens when you draft low hockey IQ players. They can have all the physical gifts in the world but if they’re not gifted between the ears it doesn’t translate. See Jake Virtanen.

Guess we'll see. An NHL GM disagrees with you. 

Just now, Fanuck said:

Maybe.   But he spent 6 years with McJesus and Drai and somehow didn't learn anything so.....

Like I said, I guess we'll see. I just don't think it's a bad signing. 

15 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Jesse Puljujärvi is actually a pretty effective bottom six player who would've definitely been signed in the summer had he not gotten double hip surgery.  He has a very high work ethic along with the hockey IQ.  The only thing he really, really lacks.... is hands.  He can't seem to dish assists or score goals to save himself, although he's done well in Wilkes-Barre.

Any comparisons to Virtanen are unfounded.  Puljujärvi works hard and makes his teammates better.  But right now Pittsburgh needs goals and I'm not sure he provides that.

• Cheers 2

24 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Crosby won 3 cups. McDavid won the All-Star game shinny contest. Big difference. 

This

McDavid is extremely talented... Gretzky/Lemiuex tier

But he is not a leader... at least not yet. Edmonton could really benefit by bringing in some character guys in the room with a voice... but the problem is IMO is that McDavids voice is too loud now I'm not sure how effective anyone would be in coming into that room and setting the tone.

Draisaitl and McDavid don't seem like easy guys to talk too out there.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

16 minutes ago, bh90 said:

This

McDavid is extremely talented... Gretzky/Lemiuex tier

But he is not a leader... at least not yet. Edmonton could really benefit by bringing in some character guys in the room with a voice... but the problem is IMO is that McDavids voice is too loud now I'm not sure how effective anyone would be in coming into that room and setting the tone.

Draisaitl and McDavid don't seem like easy guys to talk too out there.

Draisaitl seems like a miserable human being. I’d hate to be in the dressing room with him. 

• Cheers 2

46 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Crosby won 3 cups. McDavid won the All-Star game shinny contest. Big difference. 

So you're insinuating that unless you win cups you have nothing to offer younger players?  The Sedins say hi btw.....

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Draisaitl seems like a miserable human being. I’d hate to be in the dressing room with him. 

Well to me it's easy call.

You trade one if they don't win a cup this year.

I mean seriously how many years will it take the owners to see the team just can't make it???

They get a good two way winger,a goalie,prospects and whatever picks.

Then cap room to fix the D.

3 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

So you're insinuating that unless you win cups you have nothing to offer younger players?  The Sedins say hi btw.....

The Sedins are all class. McBaby and Draisaitl are the biggest whiners in the NHL. They can’t even do a proper interview with the media without whining and attitude, so how exactly do you expect them to teach younger players about professionalism and everything else that goes with winning?  

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

Well to me it's easy call.

You trade one if they don't win a cup this year.

I mean seriously how many years will it take the owners to see the team just can't make it???

They get a good two way winger,a goalie,prospects and whatever picks.

Then cap room to fix the D.

Draisaitl has already been quoted as saying that he wants his bag on his next contract. So you are looking at $15 million per most likely. And then McDavid will want even more than him. So I highly doubt that Edmonton will be able to afford both of them. 

Edited by Elias Pettersson