[PGT] Canucks at Capitals - 02/11/24

11 hours ago, DisgruntledNucksFan said:

I feel like once the power play gets going we will be blowing teams out the barns again . But while it sputters things sure seem tighter and more critical lol 

When everybody else is looking up at you, the Canucks are the game on the schedule that EVERY team will be getting up for through the remainder of the season. There will be few to none as far as blow-outs for the team, from here on out, I'll be surprised it the Nucks win any game by more than 2. That's the "problem" with being the top dog. I also expect to see teams start to goon it up against the Canucks to nick them up for the playoffs.

Edited by Canuckleheads Fan
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Canuckleheads Fan said:

When everybody else is looking up at you, the Canucks are the game on the schedule that EVERY team will be getting up for through the remainder of the season. There will be few to none as far as blow-outs for the team, from here on out, I'll be surprised it the Nucks win any game by more than 2. Thank a the "problem" with being the top dog. I also expect to see team's start to goon it up against the Canucks to nick them up for the playoffs.

Probably good to get used to it. 

1 hour ago, Jaimito said:

Lead all forwards in ice time today and yesterday.

Faceoffs today 82%

Yesterday 53%

He's not racking up pts but is doing what the team needs, and coach has confidence in him.  

I think chemistry is not yet there with JT/BB.  He's been through so many different lines since the trade. 

Id like to see

Pettersson Miller Boeser 

Hoglander Lindholm Suter 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Holy fk I just watched Miller score!!!!

Booyahh!!! EVERY TEAM IS COMING IN PLAYOFF MODE! We are a marked marked team. Petie giveaways have to stop. 3rd line is gold. Hogz>Mik

Aman is a pansy we can't afford his tampons anymore. 

Juulsen is a very excellent 6or 7 dman. Resign him please.

Hogz is proving himself as a top 6 helper, digging out pucks. Hogz, Petie, Lindy should be a all Swede line. Yelling in Swedish. 

PDG looking ok coming back but needs to keep up that same pace.

Petie needs to work on drawing more penalties,  he's a bit lackadaisical out there. 9M? 10.5M? not quite 11M.

WTF!  Yer sayin' everything I'm thinkin'!  Are you psychic or somethin'?!!😆

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Alflives said:

I think we are now three points clear in the overall league standings, right? Seems to me the coaches know what they’re doing. So Borser, our top goal scorer and solid defensive player who is heavy on pucks, just might be a lot better a contributor to winning than you actually understand. 

Good lord, Alf... this is waaay too sober a comment (Boeser typo, aside). Drink up, man! :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 3
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Jaimito said:

Lead all forwards in ice time today and yesterday.

Faceoffs today 82%

Yesterday 53%

He's not racking up pts but is doing what the team needs, and coach has confidence in him.  

I think chemistry is not yet there with JT/BB.  He's been through so many different lines since the trade. 

That's a lot to give up for winning faceoffs 😅

39 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

That's a lot to give up for winning faceoffs 😅

On pace for 41 goals in 82 games with us. Plus we didn’t give up much. Dumping Kuzmenko (and his extra year) cost the first and third. And Bustowits and Jurmo aren’t anything. The fact is we got an elite, right shot centre, of Selke quality for basically nothing. Smelly Cowpies (and their loser city) got worked. 

12 hours ago, ngoway said:

Great to get the win! Each of these road games have been quite tough. It's good for the team to learn the pressure of other teams really preparing for you every night.

I think it's time to give the all Swedish line a go at this point

Hoglander - Pettersson - Lindholm

Lindholm needs time to adjust to who he is playing with. the lines has to know how each player moves and adjust accordingly. thius takes time and im not so sure this is the way. Lindholm is more used to his linemates going straight to the net. Once they start figuring out how they react in different situations its gonna be a really good fit with Lindholm, wether on the miller line or on the petey line...

11 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

He should get the dark horse of the year award.

It's like the more ice time he receives, the better he gets.

Love that he plays the body and keeps things plain and simple. 

Confidence is a fickle thing. 
He is exactly, what we needed on the backend. Tough, hard hitting, PK'ing stay at home dman.
Not to many fancy plays, but solid d hockey. 
The coaches should get a lot of credit for helping him to achieve this, but it may also have helped him to work with Cole and Soucy. 

Probably the biggest surprise this year...good on him for proving the doubters wrong. 

Edited by spook007
  • Cheers 3

10 hours ago, Dumb Nuck said:

My uncle was a huge fan of his and we always argued about that play, he swore up and down Bobby was tripped but to me it looked like he jumped. In the early 90s I went golfing and got paired up with Mr. Orr and I mentioned the argument to him in one of our chats. At the end of the round he asked me if I wanted him to sign my score card so I said ok and above his signature he wrote “I jumped”

I gave the scorecard to my uncle he had it framed but since has passed away and I could never find what happened to it.

Fabulous story @Dumb Nuck

• Like 3

2 hours ago, spook007 said:

Confidence is a fickle thing. 
He is exactly, what we needed on the backend. Tough, hard hitting, PK'ing stay at home dman.
Not to many fancy plays, but solid d hockey. 
The coaches should get a lot of credit for helping him to achieve this, but it may also have helped him to work with Cole and Soucy. 

Probably the biggest surprise this year...good on him for proving the doubters wrong. 

What Juulson has gotten this year is reps. That gave him the confidence that you mentioned. Yes, coaching support as well. With 30 games left I think we see more experimenting by coaching as they prep for CUP play. Juulson playing with Hughes by design or game circumstance? Does Hronek as a 2RD anchor make more sense for a playoff pairing? In some cases it looks like the game moves to fast for Meyers to process. His game has improved this year but not sure if he is a 2RD in Cup play unless his TOI is more limited. When he is processing well he can dominate. Tantalizing but frustrating at times. 

The Corrolla's were doing their thing. Succession planning makes me think that Bains could slot in there next year. Garland has shown he can score before and if he gets hot this line could win playoff games. Hogs on Petey's line has so much potential. 30 games left for him to nail that spot down. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Orr only played one or two years on healthy knees,,  the rest of his career was with difficulty..   he was special and a one of a kind talent.   He changed the game..  until a defenseman finishes first or second in the scoring race 8 times and gets to a plus over 100 lets save the comparisons

• Vintage 1

Just now, Cocanuck said:

Orr only played one or two years on healthy knees,,  the rest of his career was with difficulty..   he was special and a one of a kind talent.   He changed the game..  until a defenseman finishes first or second in the scoring race 8 times and gets to a plus over 100 lets save the comparisons

Orr was the best ever. Hughes is the closest to Orr we’ve seen since Bobby played.