[Rumour] Devils were close to acquiring Markstrom

17 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

Would be funny if they trade their best goalie back to the flames and Marky gets injured and they miss the playoffs lol.

It wouldn't be funny at all.  Markström was a great goalie for us here in Vancouver and I'm happy he's found continued success in Calgary.  I want him to have a long and healthy career wherever he goes.

2 hours ago, Mando27 said:

Flames no doubt asking for a ransom for their players right now. Teams would be smart to wait till the deadline and make Calgary sweat a bit.

Calgary is such a weird team.  They have an assortment of solid players but the chemistry has been a total mess for so long.  Even Flames fans know this recent upswing is unsustainable, and are happy to see some nice returns like the package we gave them.

12 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

It wouldn't be funny at all.  Markström was a great goalie for us here in Vancouver and I'm happy he's found continued success in Calgary.  I want him to have a long and healthy career wherever he goes.

Calgary is such a weird team.  They have an assortment of solid players but the chemistry has been a total mess for so long.  Even Flames fans know this recent upswing is unsustainable, and are happy to see some nice returns like the package we gave them.

Not me, I hope he stays with that loser cowpie team he chose over us. 

#feelthespite 

3 hours ago, HKSR said:

Why would they ask him to waive before a deal was finalized?  Kinda dumb... unless one of the sides changed their offer...

Is it? I thought that happens quite a bit. Not much point negotiating a deal if Marky wouldn't be willing to waive.

24 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Not me, I hope he stays with that loser cowpie team he chose over us. 

#feelthespite 

We weren't going to re-sign him, we decided to keep demko. Cant blame him for taking the biggest deal with the most term.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

53 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

Same I mean yes I like some ex Canucks but being on the Flames means he should lose.

Wanting someone to lose is different from wanting someone to get hurt.  Or at the least, thinking it's funny if he gets hurt.

3 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Wanting someone to lose is different from wanting someone to get hurt.  Or at the least, thinking it's funny if he gets hurt.

That's why it's funny as he has been known to get hurt and burnt out playing so much.

Just like Tanev seems to get hurt a lot.

Why I am glad they are gone.

13 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

I got a warning for this obvious joke.  I see thing 10 times as bad as this everyday here.  What a joke.

Mods on here don't want to see any personal attacks.  I can respect that.  It gets a bit outta hand sometimes. 

16 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Mods on here don't want to see any personal attacks.  I can respect that.  It gets a bit outta hand sometimes. 

LOL.....go to the politics forum.  I was called a racist by someone and admin said it was ok and nothing needed to be done.  What I posted was a joke.

Edited by The Arrogant Worms
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

LOL.....go to the politics forum.  I was called a racist by someone and admin said it was ok and nothing needed to be done.  What I posted was a joke.

I stay outta politics online and in person.  Nothing good can ever come out of those conversations.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, CaKnuckleYourHead said:

They have Wolf coming up he is their future 

I do expect Wolf to be a star someday, but he's certainly unproven for now. I'd sooner trade Vladar and have Wolf get experience as a backup first.