[Report] Canucks re-sign Pettersson to 8 year contract @ $11.6M

18 minutes ago, Devron said:

Like I said media is always stirring up crap then one day we see a report like this. And all the negative bickering and speculation for nothing

Probably more likely media's crap put enough spotlight and pressure on Pettey to sign. 

The leak came internally from the Canucks about taking calls on him. We know how tight PA runs his ship when it comes to leaks so likely part of the pressure campaign to get him to the table. 

Edited by 24K
  • Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, 24K said:

Probably more likely media's crap put enough spotlight and pressure on Pettey to sign. 

The leak came internally from the Canucks about taking calls on him. We know how toght PA runs his ship when it comes to leaks so likely part of the pressure campaign to get him to the table. 

650 was talking about other teams would phone on Petey and Allvin would say we were going to re-sign him. Then the club that phone would call their media rat (in their market) and say they phoned on Petey. Didn’t hear any mention it came from our club. 

• Cheers 4

2 minutes ago, 24K said:

The leak came internally from the Canucks about taking calls on him. We know how toght PA runs his ship when it comes to leaks so likely part of the pressure campaign to get him to the table. 

I mean good for them though. Realistically MGMT needs to know where they stand. If Pete isn't part of the future then that opens up a ton of options to make deals at the DL that don't make sense if Pete is going to part of the future.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

If it's going to get done sooner then later; Maybe we see a more driven, confident Pettersson. That has, to a large degree, been missing of late.

I don't want him to break our bank, but I think we want him to stay, an even though Tocchet rode him pretty hard today. Probably all  part of the process.

My personal opinion is Petey wants to stay. Make no mistake though; I don't think he's going to get more then 10., maybe 10.5.

I don't see him as a 12 mill player. Those dudes not only have to score, they have to take the pounding, hits, and carry their team's on their shoulders.

If it's the right price the max term wouldn't bother me. 

Petey wants to win so getting him signed before the deadline would be huge on knowing how much they can add to make a run it also gives management some time to work on ideas for some of our soon to be UFA and locking up hronek 

• Cheers 1