[Report] Canucks re-sign Pettersson to 8 year contract @ $11.6M

Look how the story has changed.

Look how some of the posts have changed- and will continue to change in this thread.

Going from " He won't negotiate till off season' to "told you all,  it'll get done"

overnight.

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 2

He hasn't been playing like a $12M player for some time.  Miller is better and consistently has more TOI and scores at a higher rate.  He signed for $8M 2 summers ago.  What's the new rate for Petey?

They showed some highlights of his after the game last night.  I wonder where THAT guy is?

• Cheers 2

Just now, Crabcakes said:

He hasn't been playing like a $12M player for some time.  Miller is better and consistently has more TOI and scores at a higher rate.  He signed for $8M 2 summers ago.  What's the new rate for Petey?

They showed some highlights of his after the game last night.  I wonder where THAT guy is?

Probably distracted from the contract pressure 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Alflives said:

650 was talking about other teams would phone on Petey and Allvin would say we were going to re-sign him. Then the club that phone would call their media rat (in their market) and say they phoned on Petey. Didn’t hear any mention it came from our club. 

I heard from radio or Fried that it was an internal source. Can't remember. 

650 definitely made it a point that Allvin answer was they are going to try to sign him not they will or going to sign him. 

Edited by 24K

5 minutes ago, 24K said:

I heard from radio or Fried that it was an internal source. Can't remember. 

650 definitely made it a point that Allvin answer was they are going to try to sign him not they will or going to sign him. 

The report on 650 was Allvin would answer any call on Petey with we were intending to re-sign the player. They also reported any leaks of these calls came from the team that called us. 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Odd. said:

thought I’d make a new thread because the other thread is congested with a lot of speculation and it’s well over 130 pages.

Cmon Petey!!!!! 

He said "sources".  Hope it's legit and not just wasting our attention.  

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

Well considering the cap went up 5% Pete probably needs the entire 5% for the teams cap in his jeans am I mathing right?

21 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

Miller is obviously far better than an $8M player so it's not fair to use that and claim that Petey should be there. Miller's deal was a steal the day he signed if and if he keeps being amazing, it'll be amazing for a long time. The whole idea of paying players based on what other players get is flawed because it assumes that every player is playing exactly equal to their cap hit, which is rarely true.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Dom said:

Rutherford/PA pressured him into signing - need to know what we can spend this deadline I suppose. 

Wouldnt affect what they can spend at TDL but would affect on which UFA's they will be able to re-sign this summer. So they know who they need to move at the TDL for cheaper guys.

• Vintage 1

36 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I'm as hard on Petey as anybody, but I do know based on production and comparables, he is worth about $11m to $12m.  If it means we can lock him up for 8 years, I'm good with it.  He'll be 33 at the end of the deal.

Same, I am ok with 12 if its long term. He's good player, and if he's committing most of his career to us, he wipes out my concerns of commitment to this team. I just don't want to see short term at 12...then you may as well move him. 12 mil as the cap increases through his prime, is reasonable, and we are paying up for prime UFA years, so this is normal.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

The report on 650 was Allvin would answer any call on Petey with we were intending to re-sign the player. They also reported any leaks of these calls came from the team that called us. 

No that was their speculation on where the leaks come from. They were saying that teams that want to stor shit up would do that but they have no sources to back that up. 

I remember someone from the insider crowd said it was internal. Could be from one of the interviews from a kther show on 650. Maybe I remembered incorrectly.

Anyways, doesn't matter, the extra pressure seemed to worked either way

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

If the team is pressuring him to sign, perhaps they are going to have to be throwing more money at him to get it done.

Works both ways.

Sounds more like the media made up BS that they weren't at the table...a deal getting done takes months, a lot of legal back and forth..if they are close Dhali is full of shit

• ThereItIs 1