[report] Vegas Mark Stone out for the rest of the season questionable for the playoff

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/2856459

not sure if posted but looks like he’s gone for the rest of the season and that opens up a shit ton of cap space for Vegas to go after a bunch of players.. and before anyone saying he’s faking his injury till the playoff.. well it’s reported his injury is a lacerated spleen not sure if someone will lacerate his spleen on purpose so he can be on the ltir

I always liked Stone, guy has had rough injury luck. Sucks to see him down. I know we are supposed to hate Vegas, and while I do. I like Stone and even if I didn't celebrating someone's injury just feels classless. Vegas has lots of cap to work with now though. Pettersson for a haul? Just kidding.

• Cheers 1

Oh how convenient 

a lacerated or ruptured spleen takes roughly 2-2.5 months to heal

hes been out for how long?

He will be back just in time for the playoffs

• Vintage 1

38 minutes ago, erkayloomeh said:

How do you lacerated a spleen ?

It's actually a weirdly common injury. We see it in combat sports, falls, car accidents, you name it. Blunt force trauma to the upper left quadrant of the torso can commonly call it. The spleen has a very high blood supply, as far as organs go, so it doesn't handle trauma well. 

• Thanks 1
  • ThereItIs 2

40 minutes ago, Baratheon said:

Interesting…. 
Puts Vegas in a weird position.  They CAN now add more but should they be spending the assets (which are start to dwindle a bit) to do so?

In for a penny, may as well be in for a pound. At this point they may as well see if they can river boat gamble their way to another cup with this group, whatever the cost. Worry about futures, in the future.

• ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, tas said:

which loophole is that?

The loophole that allows teams to put players on LTIR and then have them come back in time for the playoffs when there's no salary cap. Whether or not this is a legit injury, and it sounds like it is, the cap needs to apply to the playoffs as well. 

Just now, bhoodlum said:

The loophole that allows teams to put players on LTIR and then have them come back in time for the playoffs when there's no salary cap. Whether or not this is a legit injury, and it sounds like it is, the cap needs to apply to the playoffs as well. 

but there are no salaries in the playoffs. 

• Vintage 1

21 minutes ago, tas said:

but there are no salaries in the playoffs. 

I know. That's what I'm saying . The NHL needs to have the salary cap count in playoffs as well or these shenanigans will be even more prevalent. 

• Upvote 1