[Signing] Avs sign Ivan Ivan

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

You mean Ivan Ivan in Van Van.

That works too

1 minute ago, Canuck You said:

Many moons ago I worked on a cartoon called Yvon of the Yukon. Maybe it's time for a spin-off..

Ngl, I remember that cartoon, was good

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Wait, you worked on that show? I loved that show as a kid. Lol.

Hehe, I'm glad you enjoyed it! ...I did have a hand in it back in 2000ish I think it was @ a place called Studio B right in the heart of crackheadville downtown, Was quite the experience commuting back and fourth to and from work.

• Upvote 1

Reminds me of a guy my family knew named Albert Albert. Led to some good jokes.

True story: When that Canadian Tire commercial came out with the kid named Albert, who dreamed of playing in the NHL and the crowd chanting his name: “Albert! Albert!”. I said to my brother “Why would they be chanting his first name?… …Unless…” 🤣

4 hours ago, D-Money said:

Reminds me of a guy my family knew named Albert Albert. Led to some good jokes.

True story: When that Canadian Tire commercial came out with the kid named Albert, who dreamed of playing in the NHL and the crowd chanting his name: “Albert! Albert!”. I said to my brother “Why would they be chanting his first name?… …Unless…” 🤣

LOL this is awesome.

There is a local legendary well known businessman in Brooks, Alberta named Dick Dick. One of my friends bought something from him that wasn't quite up to snuff, not a big deal, just not perfect. He was a bit upset but really enjoys telling the story about how he got "Dicked by Dick Dick." 

• Haha 1

On 3/5/2024 at 1:21 PM, Rekker said:

Screenshot_20240305_112056_Samsung Internet.jpg

Oh man as a kid I grew up going to the B&I in Tacoma, WA where I would go and talk to Ivan the Ape while my Grandma would shop. He was such a sweet creature, but unfortunately I had no clue the poor conditions he was living in because I was a kid. I have a couple books that were written about him and while I have not read either, it is a cool reminder of an important part of my childhood. Damn now I am getting all misty eyed lol. 

• Cheers 1