[Trade] Walker to Colorado

59 minutes ago, NoCupSyndrome said:

Damn

Not done yet... just to freak us all out... COL has a touch over $3M left in cap space.

Guess how much Guentzel would be at 50% retained?  $3M.

• ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Not done yet... just to freak us all out... COL has a touch over $3M left in cap space.

Guess how much Guentzel would be at 50% retained?  $3M.

I don't think the Rags are done either, they could fit Guentzel with retainment as well 

I won't be surprised if them or Carolina grab him or Vatrano 

47 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I don't think the Rags are done either, they could fit Guentzel with retainment as well 

I won't be surprised if them or Carolina grab him or Vatrano 

Carolina certainly has the most any team could offer and still have lots of depth left. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Bob Long said:

Carolina certainly has the most any team could offer and still have lots of depth left. 

They also seem to be gun shy when it comes to pulling the trigger on the bigger deals.  I believe they didn't do anything at all last TDL.

• MillerTime 1

Just now, HKSR said:

They also seem to be gun shy when it comes to pulling the trigger on the bigger deals.  I believe they didn't do anything at all last TDL.

This is true, but if they'd had a bit more scoring last playoffs they'd probably have gone further

Sometimes you gotta take a shot at it

Just now, Coconuts said:

This is true, but if they'd had a bit more scoring last playoffs they'd probably have gone further

Sometimes you gotta take a shot at it

Totally agree with you.  Just looking at Carolina's trade history the last couple years and they really don't seem to do much on that front.  I think Burns was their last significant trade... or the Pacioretty dump by VGK if you wanna consider that a significant one.

7 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Totally agree with you.  Just looking at Carolina's trade history the last couple years and they really don't seem to do much on that front.  I think Burns was their last significant trade... or the Pacioretty dump by VGK if you wanna consider that a significant one.

Probs Burns, they got him very cheap 

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

They might as well make Deadline day a 90 minute show, 30 minutes of trades from the last 7 days, and that morning. Then 60 minutes after the deadline passes. It's really become a non-event.

Toronto Sports Network routinely fills that time babbling on endlessly about the Laffs. They got this.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Just now, PistolPete13 said:

Toronto Sports Network routinely fills that time babbling on endlessly about the Laffs. They got this.

Hence why I no longer subscribe to TSN. I still think Bob Mac is awesome. But ugh.

• Cheers 2

13 hours ago, Bob Long said:

kind of similar trade value to Hronek. The cap dump part makes it interesting. 

Yup, and while Walker is solid, can skate, defend! Start movement up ice!

Hronek is similarly good defensively, mobile.  Has well and truly demonstrated himself better with the puck on his stick, passing & in particular shooting.  Maybe this is an underlying characteristic for Walker, misrepresented in Philly & LA?  Hronek was also club controlled, not a rental. 

I always loved the deal when we acquired Hronek. 

• Cheers 1
  • MillerTime 1

18 hours ago, Drakrami said:

Johansen and Drouin were such cringe moves by Sakic. Good to see Sakic partially realizes the mistake and correcting it. You don't try to fill out your top 6 with a bunch of hasbeens because they were drafted high. 

Not sakic and drouin on pace for 50 points at league minimum looks pretty good.