[Trade] Andrew Peeke to BOS

1 hour ago, c00kies said:

Interested on the return for this...maybe a 2nd?

Absolutely not - Peeke has been hot garbage all year and was being repeatedly scratched.  The only reason he seemed to get ice time was for him to boost his trade value.

Seems to have worked.

image.png.5bf15b48376c16c38e66df46d3db0eb0.png

4 hours ago, c00kies said:

Interested on the return for this...maybe a 2nd?

Sounds like the return is:

Jakub Zboril and a 2027 third-round draft pick

Not a bad move by CBJ. He was regularly scratched and didn't seem to be working there. Plus he's got a couple years left. Got a player back to ice and got a 3rd. 

CBJ did well here. Two more years at 2.75mil. He was regularly scratched though. Got AHL depth and a 3rd rounder for someone who was really, really bad for them. CBJ should be real happy here. Maybe Boston can fix Peeke. Who knows.

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, Miss Korea said:

Absolutely not - Peeke has been hot garbage all year and was being repeatedly scratched.  The only reason he seemed to get ice time was for him to boost his trade value.

Seems to have worked.

image.png.5bf15b48376c16c38e66df46d3db0eb0.png

I mean Columbus are utter garbage so pretty meaningless 

I’m close friends with his older brother.  Now that the dust has settled, I can say that right before Zadorov was traded to Van there was an offer for Peeke to get traded here (don’t know the offer) but Jarmo wouldn’t do the deal.  

Happy for Andrew to get a fresh start. 

-Guadeloupe Jones 

• Cheers 1
  • Wiener 1

On 3/9/2024 at 4:24 AM, Guadeloupe Jones said:

I’m close friends with his older brother.  Now that the dust has settled, I can say that right before Zadorov was traded to Van there was an offer for Peeke to get traded here (don’t know the offer) but Jarmo wouldn’t do the deal.  

-Guadeloupe Jones 

All the best to Peeke!  I know a lot of us were wondering why we weren’t trying to get something done with Columbus.

That said, I think we’re all super happy with Zadorov and what we’ve gotten out of Juulsen.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, The Duke said:

All the best to Peeke!  I know a lot of us were wondering why we weren’t trying to get something done with Columbus.

That said, I think we’re all super happy with Zadorov and what we’ve gotten out of Juulsen.

Appreciate it man! His family is really happy for him to get a fresh start.  Time will tell on if it was a Columbus problem or a Peeke problem.

Align with you on being happy with what we got now!  With Soucy back the D looks formidable.

On 3/9/2024 at 4:24 AM, Guadeloupe Jones said:

-Guadeloupe Jones 

It was essentially garland for peeke CBJ didn’t like the cap implications 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, canucks curse said:

It was essentially garland for peeke CBJ didn’t like the cap implications 

Highly doubt that unless it was a deal last year.  No way Garland was offered up for a defenceman sitting in the press box in Columbus.

Peeke quite arguably the worst rated Defenceman in the league. Was suppose to be tough yet lost almost every fight he was in. 

I was really concerned and confused earlier in the year when he was rumored to be coming to VAN..

The guy is a plug!

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2024 at 7:13 PM, Don Brodka Jr said:

Peeke quite arguably the worst rated Defenceman in the league. Was suppose to be tough yet lost almost every fight he was in. 

I was really concerned and confused earlier in the year when he was rumored to be coming to VAN..

The guy is a plug!

He’s looking pretty good so far papo.

-Guadeloupe Jones