Quinn Hughes | #43 | LD

-AJ-

Kyper: The Duke and Duchess were in Vancouver to watch the Canucks game. I'm thinking of having a golf tournament and inviting Harry. He's got to come, right? It would be easy, if he's willing to go to a hockey game.

Kyper: The Canucks wore their black matte helmets last night. Did you like those?

Other Guy: Yeah, I really liked those.

Kyper: Really? More than the shiny Vegas gold buckets or the Kings silver buckets?

Other Guy: Those are good too, but I liked the matte.

Kyper: Speaking of helmets, how about those blue buckets with the white jerseys for the Leafs in Sweden? I can't believe I'm the one who had to come up with that!

Confirmed, the eastern idiots are jealous. Kypreos hates the Canucks so much. I gotta never watch this again. Horrible shit.  

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Kyper: The Duke and Duchess were in Vancouver to watch the Canucks game. I'm thinking of having a golf tournament and inviting Harry. He's got to come, right? It would be easy, if he's willing to go to a hockey game.

Kyper: The Canucks wore their black matte helmets last night. Did you like those?

Kyper: Really? More than the shiny Vegas gold buckets or the Kings silver buckets?

Kyper: Speaking of helmets, how about those blue buckets with the white jerseys for the Leafs in Sweden? I can't believe I'm the one who had to come up with that!

Confirmed, the eastern idiots are jealous. Kypreos hates the Canucks so much. I gotta never watch this again. Horrible shit.  

Kyper is born in Toronto, so was likely raised a Leafs fan. Also played for them during his last two years as his career was winding down. He also played for the Rangers against the Canucks in 1994 Can't say I'm surprised he likes the Leafs and dislikes the Canucks.

4 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Kyper is born in Toronto, so was likely raised a Leafs fan. Also played for them during his last two years as his career was winding down. He also played for the Rangers against the Canucks in 1994 Can't say I'm surprised he likes the Leafs and dislikes the Canucks.

I'm aware of that stuff, but it's really unprofessional, being so biased, like Cassie Campbell.

I guess as far as Kyper's concerned, Leafs fans are their target audience. 

18 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

I'm aware of that stuff, but it's really unprofessional, being so biased, like Cassie Campbell.

I guess as far as Kyper's concerned, Leafs fans are their target audience. 

Yeah, I don't mind analysts having favourite teams, so long as they can keep their analysis relatively unbiased. Kyper doesn't seem to be doing that, however.

Would be more fitting on a Leafs-only show.

I think Juice obviously still has a soft spot for the Canucks, but I think he does a good job of remaining even-keeled on the analyst desk and doesn't overly compliment the Canucks relative to other teams.

19 hours ago, Nucker67 said:

Just make it even sweeter, when we spank their bums.... 

Hughes has a reasonable chance at setting the new Canuck record for +/- in a single season this year. The current record is held as a tie by both Daniel Sedin and Christian Ehrhoff in 2009-10, both at +36. Hughes is currently at +25.

He's also on pace to set the new record in powerplay points for a defenseman with 44. Paul Reinhart has the current record of 39 points set in 1988-89. He's obviously also on pace to set new records in assists and points for a defenseman, but is amazingly also on pace for 25 goals, which would beat Adrian Aucoin's record of 23 goals from 1998-99.

He's literally re-writing almost the entire Canuck record book. Career records for defensemen are probably only a couple seasons away.

• Huggy Bear 1

On 12/15/2023 at 4:11 AM, -AJ- said:

Hughes has a reasonable chance at setting the new Canuck record for +/- in a single season this year. The current record is held as a tie by both Daniel Sedin and Christian Ehrhoff in 2009-10, both at +36. Hughes is currently at +25.

He's also on pace to set the new record in powerplay points for a defenseman with 44. Paul Reinhart has the current record of 39 points set in 1988-89. He's obviously also on pace to set new records in assists and points for a defenseman, but is amazingly also on pace for 25 goals, which would beat Adrian Aucoin's record of 23 goals from 1998-99.

He's literally re-writing almost the entire Canuck record book. Career records for defensemen are probably only a couple seasons away.

Which is all great.  Hopefully he gets back going again like he was though.  He has not looked as good the last couple games.  

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

His defensive game has slipped recently.

He needs to be better with Hronek. The two together have been getting exposed more recently.

I don't like 2 1/2 minute shifts. They don't build teams. 

8 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

His defensive game has slipped recently.

He needs to be better with Hronek. The two together have been getting exposed more recently.

Agreed, I've seen a fair few defensive lapses lately.

East coast US media (ESPN) still has him as Norris favourite so that's a great sign.

Teams are so focused on denying him lanes to skate and shoot which is smart but i hope the canucks work on this as he's most dangerous shooting off the rush than taking long shots from the blue line. Would be fine with them switching him lower on the pp as a wrinkle.

1 hour ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Pretty much impossible to be in the top two but Hughes is fantastic in todays game...And he's ours !! 🤠

I'm shocked that Makar isn't on that list too. I guess he tends to score more goals than assists, but I figured he'd at least be close to Hughes.

• Upvote 1