[GDT] Around the NHL [April 2024]

42 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So against playoff teams they are 14-15-4.  14-16-4 after today.  Edmonton with its two lines and AHL defence and ECHL goaltending will be out in the first round…

Speaking of AHL defence lol...

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

$9.25 million for a 30 point defeceman who can't play defence.  Probably the worst contract in the NHL, and maybe the worst contract in NHL history...

Don't get carried away because he made one bad play.  It was a poor read and he was never going to win that pinch.  He made a mistake.  It's ridiculous to jump from that to "he can't play defence".

Darnell Nurse is a solid defenceman for the Oilers.  He's a workhorse on both ends of the ice and has performed well with various partners this season.   He is not their best D-man and is definitely earning way more than what he's worth.  That's all there is to it.  He's overpaid - nothing more, nothing less.

I think it's okay to make fun of a guy for such a bad pinch, but "can't play defence" or he has the "worst contract in NHL history"?  That's complete stupid talk.  Just because a guy is on a team we don't like doesn't make him objectively the worst player of all time.  I fucking hate it when fans think like that.

39 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Don't get carried away because he made one bad play.  It was a poor read and he was never going to win that pinch.  He made a mistake.  It's ridiculous to jump from that to "he can't play defence".

Darnell Nurse is a solid defenceman for the Oilers.  He's a workhorse on both ends of the ice and has performed well with various partners this season.   He is not their best D-man and is definitely earning way more than what he's worth.  That's all there is to it.  He's overpaid - nothing more, nothing less.

I think it's okay to make fun of a guy for such a bad pinch, but "can't play defence" or he has the "worst contract in NHL history"?  That's complete stupid talk.  Just because a guy is on a team we don't like doesn't make him objectively the worst player of all time.  I fucking hate it when fans think like that.

The Coilers stink. McBaby is a whiner. Dryer Cycle is a big slug. I actually like Nurse. He plays hard and physical. He’s way better than “The Cow kicked me in the head” Bouchard. That guy is dumb as a post.