[Re-Signing] VGK Re-sign Noah Hanifin to 8 year deal ($7.35M AAV)

Hanifin was set to become a a UFA

Hronek  is set to become an RFA 

7 mill is more than fair for an RFA dman coming off a career year. 

we don’t even need to trade him ,He could hold out and sit and watch if he wants more.

Edited by Combover

Hronek and Hanifin are not fair comparisons. Hanifin could be making $11 million and it wouldn’t matter. He’s going to go down with an injury around TDL and the Knights will bring in another couple guys. 

shoutout the the doctors in Vegas. They’re miracle workers! 

3 hours ago, Combover said:

we don’t even need to trade him ,He could hold out and sit and watch if he wants more.

Its not that simple

a qualifying offer needs to be made first by the canucks

then Hronek can choose to sign or go to arbitration, whatever arbitration awards then I think canucks either sign him to that or he becomes a UFA

if canucks dont give a qualifying offer he becomes a UFA

The only benefit to the canucks with his RFA status at this point really only takes other bidders out of the equation 

i think what you are thinking of is RFA player with no arbitration rights

edit, if an RFA rejects the qualifying offer their rights stay with the team but need to work our a deal before December 1 the following season

Edited by Johnny

6 hours ago, Combover said:

he won't have to hold out and sit.. he takes the canucks to arbitration.. the canucks either sign him long term prior to the arbitration.. or take the 1 year and he becomes a ufa rental

16 hours ago, Bob Long said:

Hanafin has better numbers, and is bigger. 

He doesn’t have better numbers. 
Hronek has been a consistent 0,5 ppg producer from the start while Hanifin picked it up playing with Gaudrau and Tkachuk when they shoveled in points. 

Size is a good thing but RH is better. 
With both you get Gudbranson 

Gudbranson has played a lot and earn mucho dineros while a LHD as Fantenberg had to move back to SHL.

Fantenberg was decent here while Gudbranson was a disastor. 

30 minutes ago, LillStrimma said:

He doesn’t have better numbers. 
Hronek has been a consistent 0,5 ppg producer from the start while Hanifin picked it up playing with Gaudrau and Tkachuk when they shoveled in points. 

Size is a good thing but RH is better. 
With both you get Gudbranson 

Gudbranson has played a lot and earn mucho dineros while a LHD as Fantenberg had to move back to SHL.

Fantenberg was decent here while Gudbranson was a disastor. 

I have no idea why you are comparing hanafin to guddy.

51 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I have no idea why you are comparing hanafin to guddy.

As a comparision between the value of a RHD against a LHD. 
It’s ridiculus… 

I’ve already compared the numbers and Hanifin has a bit to reach Hronek.

4 minutes ago, LillStrimma said:

As a comparision between the value of a RHD against a LHD. 
It’s ridiculus… 

but they aren't close to the same tier of player. Its like comparing Petey to some plug 4th line C. 

4 minutes ago, LillStrimma said:

I’ve already compared the numbers and Hanifin has a bit to reach Hronek.

yea you're off on this one.

https://frozenpool.dobbersports.com/frozenpool_compare.php?players[]=4161&players[]=4477&period=2023-2024%3AR%3A99

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

but they aren't close to the same tier of player. Its like comparing Petey to some plug 4th line C. 

yea you're off on this one.

https://frozenpool.dobbersports.com/frozenpool_compare.php?players[]=4161&players[]=4477&period=2023-2024%3AR%3A99

Well, Hanifin has more goals and blocked shots while Hronek has better points per game and hits.

Hanifin had the fortune of playing beside Rasmus with the Flames before and now he has two 1st RHD to play with. 
Hronek has the fortune now to play with Hughes but he gets less PP time than Hanifin.

Then we get into the small thing about Hronek being a RHD and then it’s, swosh, massive advantage for Hronek. 

I don’t understand how you find any significant advantage for Hanifin in the statistics you watched. 

1 minute ago, LillStrimma said:

Well, Hanifin has more goals and blocked shots while Hronek has better points per game and hits.

Hanifin had the fortune of playing beside Rasmus with the Flames before and now he has two 1st RHD to play with. 
Hronek has the fortune now to play with Hughes but he gets less PP time than Hanifin.

Then we get into the small thing about Hronek being a RHD and then it’s, swosh, massive advantage for Hronek. 

I don’t understand how you find any significant advantage for Hanifin in the statistics you watched. 

I think hanafins ne contract should be Hroneks max. I don't see how he's worth more.

On 4/12/2024 at 9:47 AM, HKSR said:

I can't even think of any Canadian made product that would be cheaper than a foreign counterpart lol

Subject for another thread... But that's because we've gone decades now not paying the true costs for outsourcing everything to third world countries and their exploitive labour and poor environmental practices, while spewing greenhouse gasses to ship it half way around the world, so that we can continue our downward economic spiral addiction to cheap, disposable crap that allows CEOs to buy their third yacht and widens income disparity here because we hardly make anything anymore and hence don't have those well paying jobs anymore.

Most of our biggest economic and environmental problems could be largely solved/heavily mitigated, simply with a massive shift in purchasing habits. But people like their cheap crap and prefer to blame politicians.

The proposed global price on carbon should even the playing field a bit. It's at least a step in the right direction to paying true costs.

Edited by aGENT
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I think hanafins ne contract should be Hroneks max. I don't see how he's worth more.

And that is why I talked about Gudbranson compared to Edler light, Fantenberg.

Gudbranson makes 4 mill just vecause he’s a big RHD. Fantenberg who I thought was better than Gudbranson makes maybe a tenth of what Gudbranson makes.

The difference is mostly RHD v LHD.

Hronek has independently of who he’s playing with been a 0,5 ppg player.

Hanifin isn’t even close to that.

Hanifins total PPG in NHL is 0,41 while Hronek is over 0,5.

So if you think Hronek should get Hanifin money Hanifin is overpaid. Especially since he will play with a real good RHD all the time.

I hope that Hronek accept a similar contract as Hanifin. But I won’t be surprised if he wants more than an LHD that isn’t any better than him as a RHD.

JR/PA have a range in mind.  Think it’s between $6.5M to $7.5M x 6-8yrs.  We will see what happens in the summer.

I think $7M x 8yr with limited NTC.  Front loaded and signing bonuses.  The contract would take him to 34-35yrs old.