[Proposal] Don't get stuck with Petey. Pettersson for Marner 1:1

Marner is 26 and plays right wing

574 games played reg season   194  goals  444 assists  638 points      50 play off games    10 goals 37 assists  47 points

Petey is 25 plays center

405                                               170             241               411 points        17                               7  goals  11  assists          18 points      

25 minutes ago, DexM94 said:

Petey is not finding his 2nd gear. 
now his line is carried by Hoglander.

don't get stuck with him next year, he will swallow a way to much portion of the cap for a really light one ice return.

my proposal : 
Get Marner for Him.

1 one 1.

i prefere giving Marner 12M than 11.x to Petey. 

9E4F6E06-F115-4500-A309-26ED8E5BD62D.gif.103de81cac2f6a230d568b7b73f7803c.gif

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, DexM94 said:

Petey is not finding his 2nd gear. 
now his line is carried by Hoglander.

don't get stuck with him next year, he will swallow a way to much portion of the cap for a really light one ice return.

my proposal : 
Get Marner for Him.

1 one 1.

i prefere giving Marner 12M than 11.x to Petey. 

What you're not considering, is what EPs deal is going to look like when he's 29-32.    It will look virtually the same as Hanks and Daniel's (same age same cap hit).    Last year it was Brock and Miller.   Let's just show some patience, and be nice to the guy who just committed the majority of his hockey career to one club.   Doesn't happen much at all anymore.    QHs is playing himself to a 15% or so cap hit deal.   What are folks going to say when his is up?   And we will have already had some of his peak years by then.  

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1

The only deal I would be ok with, is the one the other team won't do because they are in as much if not worse of a cap bind.

Petey

for

Eriksson-Ek

Liam Ohgren

Brodin

They get Petey, we get a centre, a LW, and LHD Defence.

Edited by Ghostsof1915

3 hours ago, IBatch said:

What you're not considering, is what EPs deal is going to look like when he's 29-32.    It will look virtually the same as Hanks and Daniel's (same age same cap hit).    Last year it was Brock and Miller.   Let's just show some patience, and be nice to the guy who just committed the majority of his hockey career to one club.   Doesn't happen much at all anymore.    QHs is playing himself to a 15% or so cap hit deal.   What are folks going to say when his is up?   And we will have already had some of his peak years by then.  

Thanks, that’s exactly the definition of what I called : getting stuck with. 

look, I just hope we are not witnessed Petey’s limits since 20 games. 
i would be glad to have such a genius for 8 years. Don’t get me wrong, I wish him success in PO and hope we’ll see the old ‘alien’ we all loved. 
thing is, I really not like what we saw on ice lately. If it’s what the futur is made off, flip him for a guy on market. The only guy that fit in the petey’s class is currently Marner. 
That s why it’s called a proposal I guess. 
thank for sharing your thoughts tho. 

On 4/15/2024 at 9:31 AM, MeanSeanBean said:

Sure hope we don't get "stuck" with an over ppg young center who's reliable defensively.

The Rock Eye Roll GIF by WWE

Who has one of the worst top 6 linemates in the league...

• Cheers 1

On 4/15/2024 at 6:31 PM, MeanSeanBean said:

Sure hope we don't get "stuck" with an over ppg young center who's reliable defensively.

The Rock Eye Roll GIF by WWE

yeah it showed. 

it's nice to have a ppg center who perform well during the season... really. Who cares about playoffs ?

mister " i'll sign here if the team become competitive"... and be part of the problem several years later. 

11.6M, playing like a ELC in Playoffs, bumped here and there from the puck, shots completly broken now... 

i hope for the sake of the team that he will regain his form. but i will not cry if we find a good return for him it a trade occurs. 

9 hours ago, DexM94 said:

yeah it showed. 

it's nice to have a ppg center who perform well during the season... really. Who cares about playoffs ?

mister " i'll sign here if the team become competitive"... and be part of the problem several years later. 

11.6M, playing like a ELC in Playoffs, bumped here and there from the puck, shots completly broken now... 

i hope for the sake of the team that he will regain his form. but i will not cry if we find a good return for him it a trade occurs. 

Jesus Christ, taking weird victory laps after 2 games? Bravo. The guy has 19 career playoff games and has 18 points. Glad you asked, yes that is a higher ppg in the playoffs that Marner, who you suggested we trade him for...

Some fans around here are actively hoping for poor outcomes just so they can try to flex that the bad take they had is coming to fruition, even if the sample size is ridiculously short. It's sad.

Edited by MeanSeanBean

5 hours ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Jesus Christ, taking weird victory laps after 2 games? Bravo. The guy has 19 career playoff games and has 18 points. Glad you asked, yes that is a higher ppg in the playoffs that Marner, who you suggested we trade him for...

Some fans around here are actively hoping for poor outcomes just so they can try to flex that the bad take they had is coming to fruition, even if the sample size is ridiculously short. It's sad.

« i hope for the sake of the team that he will regain his form. »

The only thing sad is your inability to read. 

i would love if Petey play like the Alien he was. But not because i’m a Petey’s fanboy, just because I love this team. 

32 minutes ago, DexM94 said:

« i hope for the sake of the team that he will regain his form. »

The only thing sad is your inability to read. 

i would love if Petey play like the Alien he was. But not because i’m a Petey’s fanboy, just because I love this team. 

But you don't love the team enough to restrain from gloating over a bad take after 2 games? Actions speak louder then words.